Page 23 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If it's right after? Neither. You might consider re-dotting at the end of that Eclipse, but doing it immediately is unlikely to gain you anything.

Hello again im learning week by week to read WoL better to my mistakes etc.. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10002&e=10487 If theres any improvement I can make from other opinions eyes would be much apperciated thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Hi there,

I would like to ask some help on behalf of our Boomkin. It's a rather new incorporation, and so he is a bit undergeared (478), but I'm fairly sure the numbers he should be pulling should be much higher anyways. About his gear, I have already took a look on it and the sticky guide and know what should he do about it; so need to worry about it, I will do it and pass it along with whatever you guys have to say about his logs.

This normal Tsulong for example: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n...?s=1040&e=1499
    Or this Lei Shi http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n...?s=2904&e=3322
    Stone Guard H http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c.../?s=910&e=1171
    Elegon H http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...?s=5977&e=6458

I think that's a good selection of different combats. Thanks a lot for the help!

(armory is http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...imeless/simple , but as said, I will take care of the gear. I suppose he switches talents on bosses, but just in case you want to look at it)

Ok, so quickly going through your boomkin.

1. Reforging. With just a 30 second run through a reforge site. He can drop down his haste closer to the break point and gain slightly more crit. At his level of gear any extra bit he can gain will help. He is still going to need to gem for haste until he has upgraded a few pieces, ie. belt / bracers / trinket. The elegon trinket will help him quite a bit.

2. CD usage. I used the Elegon kill as just a base standard. It allows the best out of the box opener out of the listed fights. He doesn't use his first CD setup until about 2:15 into the fight. By doing this, he is losing a full CD setup. He needs to be popping CDs on the pull and using them as they come off CD barring some specific need later in the encounter.

3. CD Synergy. He should be using his cooldowns in conjunction with each other. Incarnation and NV tied together and then Celestial Alignment about 1/2 way through. Again, on the Elegon kill he used Incar/NV together but then didn't use CA until almost a minute later. Then in his second usage he started his CD cycle with CA instead of towards the end. Our burst is quite nice right now if our CDs are managed properly. On that fight, in the first 30 seconds, if the opener is handled properly he should be sitting much higher on DPS.

4. Opener. By looking at that kill, you guys either pulled before he was ready to go, he forgot to get to the correct starting point in eclipse to start the fight, or he is doing his opener incorrectly.

His pull should be starting at 75 solar energy (1 wrath away from hitting lunar eclipse) > prepot @ 3 sec till pull > starfall > wrath > Incar/NV > Dots > SS/SF until starfall ends > starfall > SS/SF until 0 energy > CA > reapply dots > SS/SF until starfall ends > starfall > SS/SF until near end of CA > reapply dots > continue with normal rotation.

5. DoT Uptime. If you look at most of the top parses, not even looking at the actual dps you will notice that their DoT uptime is normally going to be 90% or better. On your kill your boomer had sunfire uptime of 87% and moonfire uptime of 78%. Keeping his dots going at all times will help him out in several ways. IE more dmg done, more chances for SS procs.

6. Know the encounter. Some things he will only learn with time spent on the boss. If he is a good raider, you will naturally see him improve weekly. He can easily search these forums and a few others to find tips and tricks to use on each specific encounter to add additional damage. Personally, I find that the first few times my guild kills a boss my dps is horrible, in my eyes. But, after I get used to the encounter it starts to leap up dramatically.

7. Don't stop casting. The biggest thing I struggled with when I swapped over to boomer was making sure I was always casting. If he is on the run he should be planting shroom or moonfire/sunfire something. If he doesn't have to move, he should be hard casting as much as possible. Make sure he gets his feet planted and isn't shuffling around wasting time. Those short little shuffles add up in the end.

If your boomer is attempting to get better that is the first step. Hope this information has helped you and him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonics View Post
    Or let me guess, you're a full Glad since S1 and got every server first since release, and in your free time you sleep with super models on a bed of cash.

Hello Everyone

I play a moonkin druid and I like this class. I was raiding with my guild, but had to take a break, because I didn't do enough damage. This is the reason why I post here. Can you help me, take a look at my reforges/gems/entchants or give me any other tips? The entchant on my back and feet is still missing, but I'll do this as soon as I'm home.

Here is the link to the Armory and the World of logs.

Armory:
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/Roesti/simple

Feng the Accursed:
    worldoflogs.com/reports/bkgv88vgx0pb22y6/details/27/?s=1359&e=1759

Blade Lord Ta'Yak :
    worldoflogs.com/reports/mgm83qs6q85terpo/details/3/?s=3427&e=3884

Thanks a lot for your help!

Un-reforge your cape and change your belt to haste->crit instead of spi->crit. That should bring you exactly to hit cap.

Other than that, you just need better equip on the gear side of things, especially your weapon. Consider upgrading it in the mean time.

For Blade Lord, it would probably help your damage if you weren't quite as dead in phase 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roesti View Post
    Hello Everyone

I play a moonkin druid and I like this class. I was raiding with my guild, but had to take a break, because I didn't do enough damage. This is the reason why I post here. Can you help me, take a look at my reforges/gems/entchants or give me any other tips? The entchant on my back and feet is still missing, but I'll do this as soon as I'm home.

Here is the link to the Armory and the World of logs.

Armory:
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/Roesti/simple

Feng the Accursed:
    worldoflogs.com/reports/bkgv88vgx0pb22y6/details/27/?s=1359&e=1759

Blade Lord Ta'Yak :
    worldoflogs.com/reports/mgm83qs6q85terpo/details/3/?s=3427&e=3884

Thanks a lot for your help!
    Why are you playing with soul of the forest/heart of the wild?

Probably one of the worst things to do, you should go for incarnation instead and narute's vigil. look up how to open as moonkin, I think It'll be in Sunfyre's thread.

Enchant ur boots/cloak aswell.

If you have some decent amount of gold, Relic Of Yu'lon is also worth it.

So I just got my 4pc, and am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction with reforges. Not sure whether I should keep going haste over mastery, even with the 4pc.

Armoury - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...handu/advanced

Thanks =)

Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    So I just got my 4pc, and am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction with reforges. Not sure whether I should keep going haste over mastery, even with the 4pc.
    Hello there,

I quickly put your toon into wrathcalcs and came up with these stat weights:
    DPS: 88738.77
    INT: 3.85
    SP: 3.05
    Crit: 1.87
    Haste: 1.81
    Mastery: 1.5

then went to:
    http://www.wowreforge.com/EU/Saurfan...43--30--5030--

This bumped your wrathcalcs DPS to: 88880.26 (which factors single-target so its even better on multi-target)

If you aren't comfortable with 4500 haste (might make your casting feel a bit slow) then:

http://www.wowreforge.com/EU/Saurfan...----30--5430--

wrathcalcs: 88858.27

brings you back up to 5273 haste but drops crit from 8200 to 7400 which i wouldn't recommend since majority of the fights are multi-target so you will get better rng with higher crit than more haste for casting.
    Last edited by Kilma; 2013-01-24 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilma View Post
    Hello there,

I quickly put your toon into wrathcalcs and came up with these stat weights:
    DPS: 88738.77
    INT: 3.85
    SP: 3.05
    Crit: 1.87
    Haste: 1.81
    Mastery: 1.5

then went to:
    http://www.wowreforge.com/EU/Saurfan...43--30--5030--

Wrathcalcs: DPS:

if you aren't comfortable with 4500 haste (might make your casting feel a bit slow) then

http://www.wowreforge.com/EU/Saurfan...----30--5430--

brings you back up to 5273 haste but drops crit from 8200 to 7400 which i wouldn't recommend since majority of the fights are multi-target so you will get better rng with higher crit than more haste for casting.

2nd thing: you will want to replace your 480 crit JC gem with a 320 int JC gem since its not worth double like the rare quality gems are. (320 vs 160)
    Thanks so much for that yeah I noticed the socket on my belt was free for an int JC gem, I'll go for the crit build because casting feels fine really. I've ended up with 7885 crit, due to removing that JC crit gem and the one n my belt to put the 320 int gem in too though, would it be worth it losing 485 more crit in order to get back to the 5273 haste cap?
    Last edited by Thorim; 2013-01-24 at 02:30 AM.

Since you have 4pc the 5273 haste cap no longer exists and its actually pushed down to something like 3500 haste plateau. So T14 4pc Plateau ~ 3500 to NO T14 4pc which is that 5273.

Thats why its better to instead go for the straight crit build after you get 4pc.

Ahh cool thanks

Killing that add on elegon heroic is going to be a pain though with an even worse cast time >.<

It's 3760 with 4T14.

Sunfyre, I was just wondering how you felt about my stats? I have gone for a full Crit build until I can comfortably reach the haste break point without the need to prioritize haste gems and reforging over others. (In other words having 4 piece raid gear)

I cannot post a link too my armory as I am very new too this website so- Katank - Dreadmaul (US) (website) ...../wow/en/character/dreadmaul/Katank/advanced

If it helps, I am a Tauren Druid, thank you!

i saw this thread and had to replay,
    first thing awesome job, second i would like you to check my druid and tell me what's going on?

some people say reforging to 8081 haste cap at 4set is not that good considering the crit build.

here is my character, thanks for the awesome work.

*cant post links*

/wow/en/character/saurfang/Muddy/simple

Quote Originally Posted by 1itay1 View Post
    i saw this thread and had to replay,
    first thing awesome job, second i would like you to check my druid and tell me what's going on?

some people say reforging to 8081 haste cap at 4set is not that good considering the crit build.

here is my character, thanks for the awesome work.

*cant post links*

/wow/en/character/saurfang/Muddy/simple
    Armory Link: Muddy
    You are correct, the sacrifice in crit to reach the 8081 haste breakpoint is not worthwhile and so the stat priority for Ter14-4p becomes:
    Intellect > Hit | Spirit (to cap) > haste (to 3706 breakpoint) > crit > haste (after 3706 breakpoint) > mastery

EDIT: you're over the hit cap by a fair margin Muddy, you should try the following gemming strategy and reforge accordingly imo.
    Red: +80Int / +160crit (Potent Vermillion Onyx)
    Yellow: +320 Crit (Smooth Sun's Radiance)
    Blue: +160Spirit / +160 Crit (Misty Wild Jade)
    Last edited by craigp100; 2013-01-25 at 06:16 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    When I am about to start a boss fight, what is the benefit to starting a fight with 75 solar energy? I've seen alot of guides and other druids say this is optimal for dps, but exactly how does it benefit dps as opposed to starting at 100 lunar energy? I recently started playing boomkin again this xpac, and I am trying to get a better understanding of the rotation and cd usage.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    When I am about to start a boss fight, what is the benefit to starting a fight with 75 solar energy? I've seen alot of guides and other druids say this is optimal for dps, but exactly how does it benefit dps as opposed to starting at 100 lunar energy? I recently started playing boomkin again this xpac, and I am trying to get a better understanding of the rotation and cd usage.
    I guess you mean 75 (or above) energy before Lunar. The reason is as simple as extra Starfall and NG uptime. Before pull you prepot at 2sec, pop Starfall at 1sec before pull and then queue a Wrath right after. That means you got a fresh Lunar with NG and procs up that make the best available scenario to use your Inc+NV talents.

15+ Year Old Account
    Awesome thank you for the info.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    I use this tactic on feng (1 cast from solar) because it gives me perfect timing to use aoe with solar eclipsed sunfires/hurricane while incarnation/NV is up during shield phase, not much anywhere else (yet) really.

Quote Originally Posted by craigp100 View Post
    Red: +80Int / +160crit (Potent Vermillion Onyx)
    You're going to have a hard time finding a 160int/160crit one.

Also always check for perfect cuts of the uncommon gems, they may be cheaper for the same stats.