Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Notice that DPS? I wonder what the Lava Beam numbers would be

Yeah that isn't making it to live. That is fucking insane dps.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Yeah that isn't making it to live. That is fucking insane dps.
    The animation is the bug, not the DPS. Fucking fire mages do 500-700k dps on Blade Lord HC, whereas Eles hang around at 300-400k.

Epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want this at least as a minor glyph change.
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2013-01-25 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    The animation is the bug, not the DPS. Fucking fire mages do 500-700k dps on Blade Lord HC, whereas Eles hang around at 300-400k.
    you do realize the change of not loosing damage per jump means about 1.5x the output of the spell as before, right? those 400k? hello 600k post patch. Tbh Im pretty sure they are gonna nerf CL long before they boost our single target

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    This lad was (bursting with EM though) upwards of 340k, no raid buffs, no flask. I don't know what gear you're gifted on the PTR, but imagine that on Blade Lord [Edit: Wind Lord], fully raidbuffed, with a Lava Beam burst phase.
    If I'm not mistaken, the general assumption is that EotE is superior for CL spam too.

This is definitely going to get nerfed. It will be out of control for both Challenge Modes and true AoE in raids. Cue some insane whining on forums and Twitter.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2013-01-25 at 03:28 PM.

Is it still classed as a cleave rather than an actual AOE? Don't play ele atm but loved how it didn't suffer from bosses with 90% AOE reductions etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    This lad was (bursting with EM though) upwards of 340k, no raid buffs, no flask. I don't know what gear you're gifted on the PTR, but imagine that on Blade Lord, fully raidbuffed, with a Lava Beam burst phase.
    If I'm not mistaken, the general assumption is that EotE is superior for CL spam too.

This is definitely going to get nerfed. It will be out of control for both Challenge Modes and true AoE in raids. Cue some insane whining on forums and Twitter.
    i cant take you seriously as having a clue about shamans, lava beam at WIND LORD, not blade....there's no aoe at blade lord, is hilarious fail 600% damage on 1 target just means the other 4 hits are quite pathetic compared to the insane damage on the main target, therefore the reason you would only use ascendance for lava burst, the only spell you dont use there is lightning bolt, but you still continue to use lava burst/cl, but never lava beam....

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 03:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Is it still classed as a cleave rather than an actual AOE? Don't play ele atm but loved how it didn't suffer from bosses with 90% AOE reductions etc.
    same i wouldn't want it to become an AoE and suffer aoe reductions thats pure crap always loved it for that reason for things like saurfang's adds which had -90% aoe damage but you could smack em with a nice CL for no penalty....sadly back when CL had a cooldown ><

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i cant take you seriously as having a clue about shamans, lava beam at WIND LORD, not blade....there's no aoe at blade lord, is hilarious fail 600% damage on 1 target just means the other 4 hits are quite pathetic compared to the insane damage on the main target, therefore the reason you would only use ascendance for lava burst, the only spell you dont use there is lightning bolt, but you still continue to use lava burst/cl, but never lava beam....

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 03:18 PM ----------

same i wouldn't want it to become an AoE and suffer aoe reductions thats pure crap always loved it for that reason for things like saurfang's adds which had -90% aoe damage but you could smack em with a nice CL for no penalty....sadly back when CL had a cooldown ><
    I obviously made a mistake and was clearly referring to Wind Lord. If you don't want to take me seriously because of that, and assume I'm clueless concerning my 8-year old Shaman, you're doing me a massive favour.

Deleted
    I obviously made a mistake and was clearly referring to Wind Lord. If you don't want to take me seriously because of that, and assume I'm clueless concerning my 8-year old Shaman, you're doing me a massive favour.
    To be fair, the Blade Lord uses a wind-based attack, and the Wind Lord uses a blade-based attack.

you knew what you was talking about it has nothing to do with the name, you mentioned using lava beam which first means you know there is adds, blade lord has none wind lord does so we both know you ment wind lord, my point was about lava beam vs lava burst during ascendance, i hope every shaman knows never to be using lava beam, especially on targets taking 600% more damage single target.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow....thats ugly as shit, if they gonna change it, keep it to an minor glyph
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    you knew what you was talking about it has nothing to do with the name, you mentioned using lava beam which first means you know there is adds, blade lord has none wind lord does so we both know you ment wind lord, my point was about lava beam vs lava burst during ascendance, i hope every shaman knows never to be using lava beam, especially on targets taking 600% more damage single target.
    Yes, but Lava Beam is getting buffed heavily in 5.2, so using Ascendence for AoE burn phases might be viable.

Deleted
    Because Wind Lord takes 600% more damage at the start in Normal (my playing ground this expansion, sadly), and Lava Beam in 5.2 doesn't increase its damage per jump, right?

And I'll anticipate your retort: you weren't talking specifically about Heroic modes either.
    And i'll anticipate your second retort: Heroics isn't the only thing that matters in this game. I almost forgot I'm not on Elitist Jerks here.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2013-01-25 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyos View Post
    Yes, but Lava Beam is getting buffed heavily in 5.2, so using Ascendence for AoE burn phases might be viable.
    It doesn't have much to do with Lava Beam, it's the Encounter Mechanic.

Windlord takes 600% additional damage, i strongly doubt that even with 5.2 you would use Ascendance for AoE.

I mean surpassing those 1Mill+ Lvb is quite a challenge.

This lad was (bursting with EM though) upwards of 340k, no raid buffs, no flask. I don't know what gear you're gifted on the PTR, but imagine that on Blade Lord [Edit: Wind Lord], fully raidbuffed, with a Lava Beam burst phase.

Yup, picked EM to maximize the number of casts (and therefore procs) so you guys could have a good idea of how it looks.
    And this is my imported char (504 ilvl).

The old glyphed CL did 302.5% tooltip damage (90+72+57.6+46.08+36.8), the new one does 450% (90*5) so it's a 48.7% buff to our AoE. Survival hunter, Fire mage and even Forst DK outdps elemental when there are more than 6/7 targets but a 48.7% buff is pretty insane, even more if you factor in the 2pT15 (which is the only aoe bonus if i'm not mistaken). So, yeah expect a nerf to the base damage (or the glyph).

Note : Lavabeam animation didn't change, it's still a chain. For those interested, it does 549.5% tooltip damage (90+99+108.9+119.8+131.8) so that's a 22% increase over CL spamming, if my math is right. Spamming LvB over LB during Ascendance is much more than a mere 22% dps increase, it's more like 10x that...

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    That's just absurd, lol. Fucking cloud of lightning.
    Looks very star wars.

"Let the hate flow through you..."

Because Wind Lord takes 600% more damage at the start in Normal (my playing ground this expansion, sadly), and Lava Beam in 5.2 doesn't increase its damage per jump, right?

And I'll anticipate your retort: you weren't talking specifically about Heroic modes either.
    And i'll anticipate your second retort: Heroics isn't the only thing that matters in this game. I almost forgot I'm not on Elitist Jerks here.
    im 16/16 and 2% from 12/16H i've found no use for lava beam yet, CL and lava beam damage is so close, while the standard rotation vs lava burst spam is HUGE, I of course cannot judge it from 5.2 PoV, but with the set bonus meaning lava bursts lowers the cooldown, i still doubt we will use lava beam over lava burst, maybe on 1 fight it might be viable due to some encounter gimmick, otherwise i cannot see lava beam being viable, chain lightning does very well and you're better off with lava bursts.

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    The old glyphed CL did 302.5% tooltip damage (90+72+57.6+46.08+36.8), the new one does 450% (90*5) so it's a 48.7% buff to our AoE. Survival hunter, Fire mage and even Forst DK outdps elemental when there are more than 6/7 targets but a 48.7% buff is pretty insane, even more if you factor in the 2pT15 (which is the only aoe bonus if i'm not mistaken). So, yeah expect a nerf to the base damage (or the glyph).
    gc posts all day that they do mechanic at the moment and tune the numbers later. cl is for sure not yet tuned...

Deleted
    its no longer chain lightning......sheet lightning?