Thread: Post Your UI

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    Still working on my UI, Will probs change in in a week -.- but need to try keep same UI longer!!

Give us a combat screenshot!

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I already have those but they're not in that screenshot. sFilter isn't setup for my rogue because I'm just leveling. The sFilter has a setup for my warrior though which can be seen in this screenshot from December.

-EDIT-

Tell a lie, it is setup for my rogue. They weren't in the screenshot because sFilter had an extra comma at the end of a line and wasn't working. Just realized because I logged onto my warrior and there were no trackers there either!

Ever tried mixturing with the pixel font and UI scale to get the UI looking good at that resolution?
    I just got my new work laptop and it too uses 2560x1600.

What i meant was that i cannot find a font i think looks good enough just yet.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saami View Post
    Ever tried mixturing with the pixel font and UI scale to get the UI looking good at that resolution?
    I just got my new work laptop and it too uses 2560x1600.

What i meant was that i cannot find a font i think looks good enough just yet.
    I can get the pixel font to work at 2560x1600 but the pixel perfect borders like to toy around with me at that resolution. That and I like to play with multisampling so I decided to opt out of a pixel UI and I'm enjoying this so far!

Care..upload your ui so I can stealz it mwhaha...serious note, would like to try it out

Deleted
    OOC:

10m in combat:

Always messing with my UI, one of the few things that keep me playing wow lol always room for improvement though, using mostly ElvUi with a couple of regular addons (recount/DBM etc). Pretty proud of how it's looking right now though, next week who knows...

Work in progress.

Deleted
    In raid:

In combat:

In action:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27RHhnlGOYs

Not 100% happy with my raid frames.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I can get the pixel font to work at 2560x1600 but the pixel perfect borders like to toy around with me at that resolution. That and I like to play with multisampling so I decided to opt out of a pixel UI and I'm enjoying this so far!
    I'm in a dilemma with this.
    I want a pixel based theme because i think they look great and work as they intend to do but most of all the screen on the machine is 13". On the other hand i cannot use a pixel UI because of the resolution, if i lower the resolution the focus is fucked up..

Could you paste you're font somewhere for me please?

Smaller screen = lower resolution = easier to read pixel-fonts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    In raid:

In combat:

In action:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27RHhnlGOYs

Not 100% happy with my raid frames.
    Try making the Raid Frame a little wider, might feel like it fits in more then.

Quote Originally Posted by Solondrielle View Post
    OOC:

Always messing with my UI, one of the few things that keep me playing wow lol always room for improvement though, using mostly ElvUi with a couple of regular addons (recount/DBM etc). Pretty proud of how it's looking right now though, next week who knows...
    I don't think I can give a lot of good feedback because it just seems cluttered to me where you might think it's space efficient and compact.
    In your combat screenshot there seems to be a lot of overlapping in the middle of the screen. I also think the buffbars are space-inefficient there. Have you tried replacing them with buff icons?

Quote Originally Posted by Daninkai View Post

Work in progress.
    Looks good. Except for the bossframe!! :P

In raid:
    I would definitely make the raid frames wider. Instead of it being a square, make it a rectangle. You could reduce it's height as well and instead of the health bars being vertical, make then horizontal.
    The only other thing I noticed are the bars on your dps meter and the (boss?)-timers to the left of your screen. You probably prefer it that way, but I personally would have a border on these bars and maybe add a thin outline to the font.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by psychoholic123 View Post
    I would definitely make the raid frames wider. Instead of it being a square, make it a rectangle. You could reduce it's height as well and instead of the health bars being vertical, make then horizontal.
    The only other thing I noticed are the bars on your dps meter and the (boss?)-timers to the left of your screen. You probably prefer it that way, but I personally would have a border on these bars and maybe add a thin outline to the font.
    I did have them wider in my video but I was using other colors there. The thing I am most unhappy about is the coloring. Class colors are too bright, but if I invert it, it's too dark. I'd add borders to the BigWigs and Skada if I knew how to do it in an easy way.

Deleted
    Ariadne are you considering uploading that UI anywhere by any chance ?

Having some fun trying out a new UF layout

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iNexus View Post
    In the UI Guide link under his sig he's attached a download link at the bottom. I's not a generalized package though.

I did have them wider in my video but I was using other colors there. The thing I am most unhappy about is the coloring. Class colors are too bright, but if I invert it, it's too dark. I'd add borders to the BigWigs and Skada if I knew how to do it in an easy way.
    This kind of colouring issues is one of the reasons I made the change to using transparent unit frames. With transparent frames the bright colours are only present on people with lower health and needs your attention, as can be seen on one of my latest screenshots.

(I'm painfully aware of some of my action buttons are touching each other, one of the unfortunate problems with using Bartender as it scales the buttons instead of putting them at a fixed size.)

As for BigWigs borders, you can use QuseBossStyles. I made a post earlier about Skada borders, however this requires lua editing which means the changes has to be applied with every update:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    This is my code to add 1px borders to Skada bars. Starting at Skada\BarDisplay.lua:259
    Code:
    				-- Initialization of bars.
    				bar = mod:CreateBar(win, barid, barlabel, data.value, win.metadata.maxvalue or 1, data.icon, false)
    				bar.id = data.id
    --- insert this ---
    				if not bar.bg then
    					local frame = CreateFrame("Frame", nil, bar)
    					frame:ClearAllPoints()
    					frame:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", bar, "TOPLEFT", -1, 1)
    					frame:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", bar, "BOTTOMRIGHT", 1, -1)
    					frame:SetBackdrop({
    						edgeFile = [=[Interface\ChatFrame\ChatFrameBackground]=], edgeSize = 1,
    						bgFile = [=[Interface\ChatFrame\ChatFrameBackground]=],
    						insets = {left = 1, right = 1, top = 1, bottom = 1}})
    					frame:SetFrameLevel(bar:GetFrameLevel())
    					frame:SetBackdropColor(0, 0, 0, .3)
    					frame:SetBackdropBorderColor(0, 0, 0)
    					bar.bg = frame
    				end
    --- end ---

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iNexus View Post
    Sorry, no. It's not finished and on Elegon it somehow gives me FPS drops. Don't know why. Not getting errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenlol View Post
    In the UI Guide link under his sig he's attached a download link at the bottom. I's not a generalized package though.
    It's outdated guide=S.

@Sakpoth Thank you very much for the tips and help!

Deleted
    It could be your DPS Meeter @ the Elegon issue, I remember during progress some people said they stopped getting it after they disabled their recount however disabling skada did nothing for me. I get that FPS drop at the last phase running close to no addons anyways but I play on a 6 year old laptop so I figured it would be that :/.

Any chance you could maybe upload your grid (or whichever raid frame addon you use) settings if you don't want to upload your whole UI yet? They look exactly like how I'd like mine to be from the look of it on your Sha vid but I'm waaaaay too lazy to ever bother setting up AddOns my self .
    Last edited by mmoc1a4db8ee37; 2013-01-25 at 09:34 PM.

Care asked for a combat screeny, not done yet by a long shot. but this is a kinda combat shot :P

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    Care asked for a combat screeny, not done yet by a long shot. but this is a kinda combat shot :P

This is sexy.

I'll have access to a 1080p screen a bit so I may finally make a UI that isn't contained in a square box.