Page 39 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Oh well, we'll see how closely the two "work together" soon hopefully. I'm alright if they are basically setting up a temporary non-aggression pact to individually deal with the Hutts (i.e. they don't work together, they just won't actively go after each other during that time but will still totally fight each other if the situation lends itself to a fight),
    Sorry but if I'm a Sith and I have the chance to stab a Jedi in the back Ill do it. the lore works that way it dose not work in anyway to where they work together for anything.

Try to look at it this way.
    Big super badass monster shows up its going to destroy everything. Sith Leader lies to jedi and says ya we will work together but while the jedi starts to fight said monster. Sith "dose super awesome thing" kills both the jedi and the Monster in one blow.

Because this is a MMORPG it can't work that way cause one side would have to lose and they would get pissed.

And if they did a Your side won other lost thing both would be annoyed due to it not making any sense with the rest of the lore in the game and at the same time would end the game.

Now this is something EA/BW won't do they will just do like you said make a work together until said thing is dead and its lame as hell that way.

Not to go off topic but as I said things like that work in WOW or other mmo's but in Starwar's its a no.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If it has anything like.

The Republic and Empire work together to do......

Ill just fucken cry.
    So you didn't visit Hoth on the Republic side? The two factions working together for a common good is not something new for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    So you didn't visit Hoth on the Republic side? The two factions working together for a common good is not something new for the game.
    yes and that was a Imp that did those missions OUTSIDE of Imperial channels and DID or WOULD backstab the repubs depending on what the convo outcome was. I of course as a good repub killed them first before they could backstab me

nota good comparison of things here. the Empire in the expansion is working with the repubs not some lowbie officer o damned scared and cowardly to handle his own command

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 08:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    To me, the video (combined with the recent pre-order bonus) basically says
    "Even though it's been a month since the announcement, we still have nothing more to show or tell you. Hey, here's some more shinies. Buy it now."

:\
    totally off topic but every time i see shinies i think of those lil murloc wanna be's from the ICC expansion..... aahhh good times those were

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    ...the Empire in the expansion is working with the repubs...
    Can I ask where you saw this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Can I ask where you saw this?
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Apparently empire and republic will work together to defeat the Hutt Cartel. I'm quite curious as to the lore reasons for the partnership if that really is the case.
    of course it is another poster but it was said by a dev somewhere as well that the stories of both repub and empire will mesh together on makeb....

i will say that I could have info wrong (not first time lol) but from reading forums both here and official it seems that yea they do wind up working together

I primarily pulled from some of the video scenes/images they released, and I feel like I read something earlier today. I'm just inferring at this point though, we don't have the final word from BW yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    of course it is another poster but it was said by a dev somewhere as well that the stories of both repub and empire will mesh together on makeb....

i will say that I could have info wrong (not first time lol) but from reading forums both here and official it seems that yea they do wind up working together
    I see what you're saying and you may be right but for the life of me I can't find where any developer said that. On the forums I can't remember any thread that spoke about such a huge lore twist. I'm still looking though so I might find something soon.

My point is I guess that unless someone can speed up my search and find actual evidence we're all discussing a non issue. It could be true but so far I'm not having any luck showing it to be even half-true.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    My point is I guess that unless someone can speed up my search and find actual evidence we're all discussing a non issue. It could be true but so far I'm not having any luck showing it to be even half-true.
    Yeah I didn't notice anything in the video and don't lurk on the official boards...so I'd have to agree. I think they are crazy and dumb at this point, but not to that extent. Having the two sides work together doesn't even 'technically' happen in WoW. We might work to the same goal, since we're always on the verge of apocalypse, but Sith are not written to be out to receive or give help to Jedi in any capacity.
    BAD WOLF

According to the Berryman's post a while ago, the Republic and Empire both want control of the planet. The Republic is responding to their request for help and attempting to win a new ally with many, many resources. The Empire is attempting to use the chaos between that war to help them make their own play for the planet's resources. Could they work together? Possibly. Is it likely they would, knowing what it would do for the other faction? Doubtful. But I'll reserve making any judgements until I know for certain. As it is, I wouldn't say that there's been any real evidence presented that says it will be.

Link with dev post.

therr was a thread somewhere a while back about the not continuing of class stories and that only faction stories would be in this expac and i think it was there that it was "said " that in the end repub and imps are wroring together and

it may just be idle speculation but im going to sleep for my overnight in a few hours ill scour this and the official sites for that thread in the morning and get back here

Deleted
    The new planet definitely LOOKS really good, now we need to see it if plays really good as well. Hoping for lots of new end-game systems and activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrus View Post
    The new planet definitely LOOKS really good, now we need to see it if plays really good as well. Hoping for lots of new end-game systems and activities.
    Hope it will be great story line.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifeismystery View Post
    Hope it will be great story line.
    That too, if it's all story stuff we can hope for at this point (since more class stories is obviously not going to happen anymore), but the story could provide a tons of great gameplay opportunities. There could be an entire bounty hunting/smuggling/mercenary systems on Makeb that would fit the Hutts perfectly and give tons of stuff to do for players.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Clearly, they can.
    Why do I say this? Because the race they are choosing to invest in is cathar. Pretty much every poll puts cathar low on the totem poll of possible races.
    I could see them intentionally sabotaging new races by choosing an unpopular race, intentionally, and then when it doesn't sell well, turning to the player base and saying, "Sorry! Cathar didn't sell well so no new races."
    This may be a little cynical, but if they add Wookies, only the people who wanted Wookies will buy it. If they add another race, only the people who wanted that race will buy it. But if they add Cathar and say "we will consider other races only if this sells", then all the people who want any unavailable race will (in their minds) buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by dmfg View Post
    This may be a little cynical, but if they add Wookies, only the people who wanted Wookies will buy it. If they add another race, only the people who wanted that race will buy it. But if they add Cathar and say "we will consider other races only if this sells", then all the people who want any unavailable race will (in their minds) buy it.
    Some may, but it's a poor gauge for interest. I'm not going to buy a race I have zero interest in, and I know I'm not going to be happy that another race is potentially being held hostage unless enough people buy the aforementioned race I have zero interest in.

Deleted
    People would play Wookies for 5 minutes, then the gimmick would stop being "hah hilarious! fun!" etc. It's the equivalent of playing as R2-D2. Would be fun for 2 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Yeah I didn't notice anything in the video and don't lurk on the official boards...so I'd have to agree. I think they are crazy and dumb at this point, but not to that extent. Having the two sides work together doesn't even 'technically' happen in WoW. We might work to the same goal, since we're always on the verge of apocalypse, but Sith are not written to be out to receive or give help to Jedi in any capacity.
    Read Shadows of the Empire. Good stuff.

Also, wasn't Huttball at one time supposed to be mixed-faction teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    Read Shadows of the Empire. Good stuff.

Also, wasn't Huttball at one time supposed to be mixed-faction teams?
    They could have just meant that same faction matches could take place. But I thought they had alluded to mixed faction teams too.

Well I'll say the video was rather * yawn *. The planet looked like any generic oxygen breathing planet would so nothing I would consider super exciting, especially if its something to try and get people to come back or even try it out finally.

Sadly, the story setup wasn't all that interesting either, especially when you know there is no class quests in it.

As far as the factions working together, yeah no. Even in WoW they really only work together through a neutral faction, and behind the scenes they are still trying to kill each other. Sure they worked together in WC3 at the end, but that was because they had zero choice, it was that or be wiped completely out. The Hutts aren't ones to try and wipe anyone out, wouldn't be any profit in that.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    But I thought they had alluded to mixed faction teams too.
    This gives me an idea for a sitcom.
    Two men, one sith one jedi, have to raise a teenage boy. The sith is driven by sex and personal vendettas whereas the jedi is a nervous wreak trying to lead a normal life. They share a large house and the try and teach the kid a mix of life lessons.

I'll call it two and a half humanoid males.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -