Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not every day you see Blizz post in a thread. o.O

I thing it must have been a GM I saw in IF once in Vanilla on a flying mount, which was surprising because I didn't know such a thing even existed and kept trying to find out how to get one.

A different time, a friend got their Alliance toon stuck and submitted a ticket to get unstuck and was ported to the middle of Orgrimmar. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post
    Not every day you see Blizz post in a thread. o.O
    Yeah 1 of them started recently.

On topic: Last time i have seen the game master was in nagrand in tbc--- only over the chat tho. There were some anal spams for like 2h and when game master told them too stop (he said something.... 1.st person who says anal gets banned) it stoped in 2s.

I never seen them in person tho and i always missed those *gm* events.

Btw Araxom wouldnt be a great idea too show game masters on patch day... helping players on every posible bug (i am 200% sure some quests will bug).
    A good thing would be that more people will sub just too see 1. Its a win - win situation. Players get *happy* and you get *$$$$* . Think of it like a 1 day event.

(oh and I WANT GAME MASTER DAY) Event where game masters show up on 1 location for 24 hours on a specific interesting location. It will be only once a year.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    I still occasionally see a GM responding in Trade chat. Usually to some troll.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What so many people here seem to fail to realise, is if they show up in game to help 1person, that time could've been used to help 5others if you factor in the messing about and "lols" It's not ideal at all, but they are there to help, and if they're having fun then the wait times are going up, I used to love seeing GMs,Seen one in Stratholme, as it kept bugging and locking me in, and when people were climbing onto the Lions Pride Inn, (both back in TBC ofcourse) And as much as i would like to see it happen more often, The sad reality is it just isn't good time management,

My "tip" to those wanting to see more GMs back in game? Use the In-game functions correctly, far, far too many people open a GM ticket to report a bug that just happened, or abuse, or silly things that there is already functions in game for, So use the report features in game, and use the report bug feature too and try to work towards a time where we can cut those queue times down, to bring GMs back

10+ Year Old Account
    i capture them and force them to do my bidding underneath goldshire 0o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    I remember back in vanilla when I still had the noob edge even at 60, had to contact GM because I was stuck.
    They came to my aid then realised I'd wall jumped into old hyjal and got stuck on a tree...and I'd left HS in bank (I had bag issues back then) boy did I get a lecture lol
    i always wanted to open a ticket when in a zone i glitched into just to toy with the GM that comes but i try not to get banned maybe a day b4 my sub runs out il do lol
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    Hi all! I thought I might just chime in here. I'm not at liberty to go into the full reveal of everything that happens behind the scenes, but I think I can risk a bit of transparency here. Game Masters are still here (there), but our typical approach is not to interfere with the doings of the players, visibly in-game. I know that this is a bit of a departure from how things were a long while back, but it's an approach that was adopted many years ago. Every so often a report may pop up that a player had seen a Game Master, and although it's certainly possible for us to do so - in practice we had found that it became too much of a spectacle. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing, and oftentimes it could be fun - but in the grand scheme of things, we needed to focus on other ways of helping people than to drop in and hang out.

So think of us like the silent guardians of Azeroth. We're there, trust me If you ever need us, just drop us a line and we'll always do our best to help!

/Araxom
    what a load of rubbish, if you were available we wouldnt have issue with bots we have for a long long time.
    You rely on mass banning bots that takes MONTHS we all know and see the results, months pass ban a bunch, they hide, laundry their items, ban was in vein, week later they are back,

We still have a guildie botting coming to his 5th weekm reported by 7 guildies... he bots 16 hrs a day and more, cause he gets away with it.

yep we need gms in game to sit on their asses and do nothing.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    what a load of rubbish, if you were available we wouldnt have issue with bots we have for a long long time.
    You rely on mass banning bots that takes MONTHS we all know and see the results, months pass ban a bunch, they hide, laundry their items, ban was in vein, week later they are back,

We still have a guildie botting coming to his 5th weekm reported by 7 guildies... he bots 16 hrs a day and more, cause he gets away with it.

yep we need gms in game to sit on their asses and do nothing.
    If you tried to read the process of banning bots, then you would know you're speaking rubbish, they can't just ban bots, that would be futile because they would just start another account, the reason they do it in waves is because once they find someone botting, they observe them, and find out how their program works and how it bypasses their security, then they figure out ways to break the way the program works, and once they know they can break it they then ban those using it, and add the parts to the game files that break the bot, You can never stop botting because the people then will try and figure out another way to bypass security etc etc, it's a long process and a never ending fight, if they did nothing to stop it, then the game wouldn't be where it is

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Araxom is real.
    COOL! Great to have Blizzard reading posts here and even more so, responding to them once in a while.

Hi all! I thought I might just chime in here. I'm not at liberty to go into the full reveal of everything that happens behind the scenes, but I think I can risk a bit of transparency here. Game Masters are still here (there), but our typical approach is not to interfere with the doings of the players, visibly in-game. I know that this is a bit of a departure from how things were a long while back, but it's an approach that was adopted many years ago. Every so often a report may pop up that a player had seen a Game Master, and although it's certainly possible for us to do so - in practice we had found that it became too much of a spectacle. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing, and oftentimes it could be fun - but in the grand scheme of things, we needed to focus on other ways of helping people than to drop in and hang out.

So think of us like the silent guardians of Azeroth. We're there, trust me If you ever need us, just drop us a line and we'll always do our best to help!

/Araxom
    its already cool to have a blue post in ur thread but to have one post on ur thread on MO FUCKING MMO CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!

nice man

MMOchamp gets more non copy-pasted blue responses than the wow eu forums now

Deleted
    back in wrath i had a gm come into my guilds naxx raid and turn us all into cats

I think it would be good for the game, to bring back in-game GMs. It brings a spark of life into what is otherwise a static environment. It shouldn't be only in memory that people discuss the fun things GMs did in game, it is a dynamic thing that should still be creating excitement and a break from the AH/mailbox, flying in circles stuff of the later years.

People look bored? Drop a giant dragon in town.

I just don't like the fact of being boring because a few people can't do the AH thing 24/7. Just like the excuse for ganking is: pvp is pvp, well, a game is a game, and it shouldn't be about only humping the AH/mailboxes. Events like the pre-wrath thing, dropping an uber world boss on your face, transforming people into animals, or anything else that brings a break to the daily grind, should be done. People may complain when it happens, but usually look back positively on the experiences.

This is especially important now, since the invention and long term implementation of LFD/LFR, as well as the long implemented BG queues. The more people can be in a city, and avoid going out, the more important random events happening in gathering spots becomes for making the world less boring and more fun. Even for people hanging out in non populated capitals, /trade blows up and people flock to see it; and those who really don't wish to partake, can hang out in the less populated areas, or least likely to get affected areas (though they should also be 'hit' once in a while), so they can mostly continue the 'business as usual' aspect.

I can dream of the days when Blizzard themselves had more fun in game, and let you know it. Now, you may be playing with blizzard employees, but that is their secret, and on those toons, they are restricted to the same rules you are. That is fine, but, just like people used to have heroic raiders to oogle over, in-game GMs have prestige, and a 'wow' factor, that game needs to be present currently in game. They could wear gear sets that never made the cut, or stuff no longer obtainable, to really stand out; or of course, be a dragon or a sprite or whatever they so desire.

I would love to see this. It wouldn't be the 'game saver' for me to keep my sub; but it sure would be a big boost to a reason to keep playing. A less stale world. IMO

My experience is you probably won't see them, but whenever there is a valid issue that requires a manual fix (for instance opening blocked doors that should be open) they will always reply with something witty in /s, if you acknowledge their hidden presence.
    ~ I'm having trouble hearing you. Getting a lot of bullshit on this line. ~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I think the rules changed sometime around TBC and the GM's had to format themselves into "No Fun" mode, ie no more costumes / city fights ect. I mean fuck, they dont even give you back lost gear anymore, they are just the typical customer help desk folk. Instead of actual Game Masters.
    What? They've given me back my gear plenty of times, and they did it quick all of the times (except one time..) 0.o

Again, it's not that we don't want to, but it's as Gobra says - the response lays it out pretty well. And that's not to say that things won't change in the future. As ever, if you ever want to see something change in the game you're always welcome to post your thoughts in our official forums

your a real GM GOD! ZOMG i do wish you guys did come out more and play just like the good old days i understand you dont want people buging you for things, or cry but it would be coold if you guys go back to the fun. and hang out or make a boss come around do something like that just like it use to be.

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 03:17 PM ----------

Again, it's not that we don't want to, but it's as Gobra says - the response lays it out pretty well. And that's not to say that things won't change in the future. As ever, if you ever want to see something change in the game you're always welcome to post your thoughts in our official forums
    blizz has eyes every where!!! zomg oh wise power GM i do wish you would be like how it use to be. make random boss come to the city and you know make us all panic or fight!!! back with the might of light! But i get what your saying. thanks for posting something