Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Abyssal Seahorse, the most useless MOP mount?

So when Cata came out, we finally got a mount that works underwater.
    looks badass, finally we can move fast underwater.

But then there's a limitation, which in my opinion makes this mount useless.
    " Can only be used in Vashj'ir ".

Now during MOP, there's no reason to go to Vashj'ir.
    Heck, even during Cata, I doubt anyone went there again after finishing the quest-line.
    So we got to use this mount for such a short time, which is a shame.

And for all the people who are going to say:
    " DERP, You can always get/buy Poseidus and you'll be available to use it any time you want "

last time I checked, they go for almost 100k and it has a LONG Re-spawn timer.

So why not just make the Seahorse usable everywhere, and make a RARE underwater that is "special" ?
    Just like Time-Lost Proto Drake or Phosphorescent Stone Drake...

Where would you even use it then? Im in water no longer than 5min and that's if my dailies have me doing it..

10+ Year Old Account
    The most useless cata mount since it came out in cata...yeah it is useless except for 'chieve purposes.

It's not a MoP mount, it's a cata mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerakou View Post
    Where would you even use it then? Im in water no longer than 5min and that's if my dailies have me doing it..
    True, but when doing the dailies, there's alot of dailies that require going underwater.
    having an underwater mount can make things go smoother and thus giving me more time. even if it's just 3/4 mins off every daily.
    when you sum it up and comes to more than just a few minutes.
    and beside, swimming is SO slow..

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    It's not a MoP mount, it's a cata mount.
    So?
    I got vanilla mounts and I still use them.
    Why not use this one aswell? just because it's from an old expansion?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wavey View Post
    So?
    I got vanilla mounts and I still use them.
    Read the title, the way he worded it he makes it seem like it was introduced in MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    We only have one underwater zone in the game. I don't think it's so weird that the free underwater mount is intended to be used in that zone exclusively. It was created with the intention to be used in that zone, as such the mount becomes obsolete as the zone becomes obsolete.

How often do you need to travel great distances under water outside of Vashjir anyway?

Classic mounts were not created under the concept of "this mount is for riding in Desolace, this mount is for Silithis...."

The only other mounts I can think of that were created like that were the AQ bugs, which were from vanilla.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

get poseidus.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never understood why it couldn't be used ANYwhere underwater.

What a waste.

10+ Year Old Account
    A) The most useless mounts would have to go to the non-black Qiraji Battle Tanks. Usable in one instances, immediate dismount on taking any damage, other mounts can also be used in the raid.
    B) Nearly all the underwater quests you have tend to give you a swimming buff for them, making you go FASTER then the swimming mounts.

C) Sea Turtles, mate
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I disagree, this isnt the most useless *Cata mount. The most useless mount is the freaking turtle. Every time that thing pops on my auto mount addon, reminds to set favorites for that toon so I dont get that dreaded slow-ass mount.

Deleted
    Reins of Poseidus - the worst way to spend ~100k gold ever.
    Sure it works in any water. But in any water except for Vash'jr waters it still moves GOD DAMN SLOW. Why even go underwater anyway, unless you're doing dailies or Loremaster? Just use damn flying mount.

It will be the last one I will buy. Yes, even after TCG mounts, I collected 4 of them so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    The abyssal seahorse moves MUCH faster than Poseidus. In fact, the movement speed increase poseidus grants is barely noticeable.

How do I know? I have both of them (randomly happened upon poseidus one day while looking for Burgy Blackheart)

The abyssal seahorse was only ever made to be used in Vash'jir, as that's the only place that requires it. Vash'jir had a LOT of leveling content.

Moreover, it's as useful as it was at the end of cata as it is now.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    A) The most useless mounts would have to go to the non-black Qiraji Battle Tanks. Usable in one instances, immediate dismount on taking any damage, other mounts can also be used in the raid.
    B) Nearly all the underwater quests you have tend to give you a swimming buff for them, making you go FASTER then the swimming mounts.

C) Sea Turtles, mate
    Archaeology Qiraji Battle Tank says hi!

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Classic mounts were not created under the concept of "this mount is for riding in Desolace, this mount is for Silithis...."
    The AQ Bugs come to mind.

Edit: Like everyone beat me to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonamexs View Post
    Archaeology Qiraji Battle Tank says hi!
    Yes they added an additional mount that used the same model, however this was the first version seen Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal. It is the rarest mount in the game, for one thing not every server did the AQ opening event, the other thing you had to complete a raid quest chain that led to ringing a bell, only the people there at that that time who rang the bell got the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Read the title, the way he worded it he makes it seem like it was introduced in MoP.
    Yep you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    We only have one underwater zone in the game. I don't think it's so weird that the free underwater mount is intended to be used in that zone exclusively. It was created with the intention to be used in that zone, as such the mount becomes obsolete as the zone becomes obsolete.

How often do you need to travel great distances under water outside of Vashjir anyway?

The only other mounts I can think of that were created like that were the AQ bugs, which were from vanilla.
    We do have 1 underwater area, but we have more underwater game-play through the game, especially in MOP dailies that we have several dailies that require going underwater.
    So that might be once a day or once every other 2nd day, but it can still save some time and make swimming a bit less time consuming.

And regarding the Archaeology Battle tank, it's not like TLPD or Poseidus which are spawned randomly at any given time, which require either loads of gold to buy through AH ( if it's even on AH ) or sheer luck.
    While the Archaeology one just requires doing Archaeology , and it will pop up eventually.

And regarding the Archaeology Battle tank, it's not like TLPD or Poseidus which are spawned randomly at any given time, which require either loads of gold to buy through AH ( if it's even on AH ) or sheer luck.
    While the Archaeology one just requires doing Archaeology , and it will pop up eventually.
    wrong, it's still RNG, and you may keep doing archeology forever and never get it, just like poseidus and TLPD. not to mention it's on tol'vyr arch, and tol'vy digsites are pretty uncommon. the only difference is that you don't have competition in the battle tank, while the TLPD and poseidus are guaranteed to spawn, but the competition makes them hard to get.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

So when Cata came out, we finally got a mount that works underwater.
    looks badass, finally we can move fast underwater.

But then there's a limitation, which in my opinion makes this mount useless.
    " Can only be used in Vashj'ir ".

Now during MOP, there's no reason to go to Vashj'ir.
    Heck, even during Cata, I doubt anyone went there again after finishing the quest-line.
    So we got to use this mount for such a short time, which is a shame.

And for all the people who are going to say:
    " DERP, You can always get/buy Poseidus and you'll be available to use it any time you want "

last time I checked, they go for almost 100k and it has a LONG Re-spawn timer.

So why not just make the Seahorse usable everywhere, and make a RARE underwater that is "special" ?
    Just like Time-Lost Proto Drake or Phosphorescent Stone Drake...
    There's no reason to go nearly 310 flight speed while swimming anywhere and everywhere. If you want a seahorse usable anywhere, farm Posedius or buy it from someone else. At least it is a rare world mount that can be traded, unlike TLPD or Aeonaxx.