Thread: monk WW stats

Deleted

monk WW stats

i used to play a resto shammy for many years, but have decided just lately to make my ww monk my new main & was wondering what the main stats are for the class? ive looked through the ww monk guide on mmo & there are a lot of options that i have looked at & chosen, but i would like someone to possibly post here where i am going wrong? i do not do too bad dps, but i would obviously like to do better the further i get with this char. any criticism if contructive is obviously welcome, but a gentle push in the right direction would be wonderful

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Bamboo/simple is my char & ty for reading

10+ Year Old Account
    You may wish to put some of that Mastery into Haste. Your Haste is a little bit low - I personally would never go for below 3.5K. You can also adjust your Hit/Expertise - your Expertise is nearly 8%, which I know can be brought down to being closer to 7.5%.

Otherwise:

Hit/Ex 7.5% > Haste to 3.6-4.3K (4.3K only when you are at a much higher item level than you are currently) > Crit >>>>>>>> Mastery

Note that this will change in a few months in 5.2.

Deleted
    alysmera is correct, however some players still favor Haste 5k+, but it kinda depends on your gear, weapon availability, talents and playstyle (FoF).

Windwalkers are ranking with both Haste or Crit prioritised - for the time being until 5.2.

Deleted
    thanks guys
    Last edited by mmoc4e24d898ce; 2013-01-25 at 10:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi87 View Post
    alysmera is correct, however some players still favor Haste 5k+, but it kinda depends on your gear, weapon availability, talents and playstyle (FoF).
    Running at > 6k haste for BrM and then swapping to WW for some fights it's waaaay to much haste. I can't see needing more than 5k haste as a dedicated WW.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Running at > 6k haste for BrM and then swapping to WW for some fights it's waaaay to much haste. I can't see needing more than 5k haste as a dedicated WW.
    Yep. We just can't use it nearly as much as rogues, as a WW you're at 1 jab per finisher. For a rogue it's significantly higher- generally 2-3 mutilates depending per finisher, and it costs a good bit more for instance.

I think that's (partially) why they're changing the mastery, so we're less GCD/EN capped as it is.

Deleted
    As a matter of fact I know Windwalkers laying between 5k-6k Haste, it heavily depends on the factors I already mentioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a matter of fact I know Windwalkers laying between 5k-6k Haste, it heavily depends on the factors I already mentioned.
    I'll point out that in BiS gear, it's roughly impossible to get below 5K haste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alysmera View Post
    I'll point out that in BiS gear, it's roughly impossible to get below 5K haste.
    Never said it was in BiS gear

Deleted
    First of all I would create some consistency between gemming and reforging, decide on a stat and go full out on that, for example you have pretty low haste, with agi + 2ndary stat (mastery? wtf) gems, get some haste gems in there until you feel you can go with agi + haste (or crit even) hybrids. And then do the same with reforging, why would you gem expertise while leaving mastery un-reforge, instead of reforging mastery > expertise? Then gemming hit > crit and later exp > hit? Seems like it could be made much simpler.
    it seems you've followed some reforging site am I right? I would advise against it unless you edit your weights properly.

Sort out your gemming and reforging and to summarize: Gem haste until you feel you can go agi + haste/crit without be able to spam your rotation at all times. Reforge using some simple rules:
    1. If you are lacking Exp/hit. reforge from your worst stat (mastery,parry,dodge)
    2. if you have too much exp/hit. reforge to your best stat (haste/crit)
    3. if both are capped, check all your items making sure you have reforged out off all your "bad" stats (mastery,dodge,parry).

nowai, im at 7,1k haste and if it wasn't for the Ascension talent I would have wanted more, I also have really good energy/chi flow without ever capping.
    Last edited by mmoce87a2ac269; 2013-01-27 at 03:00 AM.

Deleted
    I have been playing ~3.8k haste (with a 2hander, stupid RNG on loot) and when BL/energizing is up I pretty much cap everytime. 1 CB:BK is enough to make my energy go up before I can even use any Chi.

I still wont go lower tho because if I dont have ~4k it feels sooo slow without brew/BL. And if you have some badluck with combobreaker you pretty much have to wait from 0 energy to 40 without doing anything except flying serpent...

I guess the new mastery will help alittle since I will get a lower chance to proc CB so I can go up in haste. Still think that its to random right now. I feel terribad when I energy cap

10+ Year Old Account
    Never said it was in BiS gear
    You said you know WWs at those stats, and most of the ones I know who aren't sub-5K are in BiS. A few have mentioned to me that they really wish they could go lower, as a matter of fact. And these guys - IMO - are amazing. I wish I had their skill

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alysmera View Post
    You said you know WWs at those stats, and most of the ones I know who aren't sub-5K are in BiS. A few have mentioned to me that they really wish they could go lower, as a matter of fact. And these guys - IMO - are amazing. I wish I had their skill
    I do, but I never said what gear they were/are wearing