Poll: MewTwo vs Goku

Thread: MewTwo vs Goku

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I remember mewtwo had a senzu-bean-like recovery in one of the movies. Ash throws him into a purity pool or something.

How about Goku versus good writing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before Goku travels to Namek: Mewtwo though it would be a close fight imo.
    After Namek Saga: Goku. Not even much of a fight really. It would be a laugher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where do you get the idea from that Mewtwo is this strong? im not saying he isn't but i have seen no prove for it whatsoever, he certainly didn't appear all that powerfull in the movie. That storm takes him weeks to create and grow, he can talk using telepathy but he has never mindraped annyone.

In his fight with mew an attack he took time charging up wasn't powerfull enough to kill a normal human. Nothing about him says he is all that tough.

while on the other side we have a guy wo can destroy planets, moves faster thenn the speed of light ( and therefore thought ), is stronger thenn a beign that killd the god that created the universe.

So unless you can provide anny proof of mewtwo's strenght this fight is like a kitten vs a tiger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    how many times have goku had help during his fight krillin gave him senzu beans many time because he was badly hurt.
    I believe the answer to that is zero. While Goku has used Senzu after fights, and has given Senzu to others during fights, he has never used one on himself during a fight.

Actually, there was once. He ate a Senzu during his fight against Android 19 when he was suddenly attacked by a heart virus. I don't really count this one, since the damage wasn't caused by his opponent, and the virus was immune to the Senzu anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't think Mewtwo (or any other pokemon) can beat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by Mancowski View Post
    Both are too fast in one way. And will be able to predict any moves. As i said in a post earlier. Electricity can only travel so fast. And this would leave them at a stalemate, until random movements covered by blind rage (Great Ape form Goku) are involved. But, Mewtwo could probably destroy the moon, and Goku couldn't keep the transformation going.

But we are still at a stalemate. Goku is able to attain these powers because of his cool head in a fight. He may be a ditzy character. But when serious can think his way out of any wet paper bag. Which brings up the question if Mewtwo could even kill him. Stopping his heart would seem the only way. But the mind and body training he's went through would more than likely allow him to overcome any mind games. Mewtwo is all mind. Goku is a lot of mind, and a shit ton of body.
    Well, for whatever reason, Goku can react faster than light, despite that being normally impossible. Otherwise FTL travel would be impossible. I have a theory as to why, but that's hardly relevant. The point is he can, or else dodging energy blasts definitely wouldn't be possible.

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 03:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    Where do you get the idea from that Mewtwo is this strong? im not saying he isn't but i have seen no prove for it whatsoever, he certainly didn't appear all that powerfull in the movie. That storm takes him weeks to create and grow, he can talk using telepathy but he has never mindraped annyone.

In his fight with mew an attack he took time charging up wasn't powerfull enough to kill a normal human. Nothing about him says he is all that tough.

while on the other side we have a guy wo can destroy planets, moves faster thenn the speed of light ( and therefore thought ), is stronger thenn a beign that killd the god that created the universe.

So unless you can provide anny proof of mewtwo's strenght this fight is like a kitten vs a tiger.
    Btw, it's highly likely that the Grand Supreme Kai did not actually create the universe. That's basically being retconned in the next movie. But don't worry, we all know Goku's just gonna end up stronger than the new supreme being of the DBZ universe, since that's pretty much what the movie's about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    That's a fight he can't win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    pokemon are lame.
    DBZ is lamer.

Most definitely Goku.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, have they ever shown what Goku is capable of after he absorbed the DBs? I mean if not how do we know he's a or the god? Aborbing something doesn't necessarily mean you absorb it's power right?

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 08:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    He'd lose every time... no such thing as good writing in DBZ so ya, he;s never faced an enemy with so much "power".

considering most dbz fight scenes are just explosions and people yelling like they are constipated, I'll go with M2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanieshaman View Post
    Out of curiosity, have they ever shown what Goku is capable of after he absorbed the DBs? I mean if not how do we know he's a or the god? Aborbing something doesn't necessarily mean you absorb it's power right?
    I'd say you're right, absorbing something doesn't imply obtaining its powers (although in Dragon Ball I can't recall a single absorbtion that didn't result in the powers being transfered). However, I'd say that we don't have to go that far, I'd say saiyan saga Goku could easily trample a few Mewtwos (after being revived, the version that fought Raditz would probably have a somewhat even match with Mewtwo, with a slight advantage for Goku because of the different abilities and power scales). Hell, even Namek saga Krillin would. Bad writing, lame characters, people can claim all these things about Goku if that's what they think, but saying he'd lose to Mewtwo is more than a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Mewtwo is from a fictional universe that is very weak powerwise... moving fast in the pokemon universe means he can move faster than an airplane, moving fast in DBZ universe means he is moving with the speed of light. Being strong in pokemon means he can lift a really big rock, being strong in dbz means he can destroy a planet with one punch. Having powerful attacks in pokemon means he has some fancy psychic tricks and can shoot energybeams that arent even able to destroy the room they are standing in, having powerful attacks in DBZ means he can destroy a whole galaxy if he wants to.

I think there are way more powerful beings in DB (the series before DBZ when goku was a kid and not everyone was able to destroy planets with one attack) than in whole of Pokemon. And the power shown in DB is only something like 0,000000001% of which we see in DBZ and what we see in DBZ is only 0,0000001% of how powerful Goku is in the end of DBGT.

Its like comparing the strongest of all, well.... pets .... to a fighter that can destroy planets without any effort.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is like if you ask, Chuck Norris vs Miffy.

Ofcourse Goku.

/Thread

Deleted
    Goku obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    Mewtwo is from a fictional universe that is very weak powerwise... moving fast in the pokemon universe means he can move faster than an airplane, moving fast in DBZ universe means he is moving with the speed of light. Being strong in pokemon means he can lift a really big rock, being strong in dbz means he can destroy a planet with one punch. Having powerful attacks in pokemon means he has some fancy psychic tricks and can shoot energybeams that arent even able to destroy the room they are standing in, having powerful attacks in DBZ means he can destroy a whole galaxy if he wants to.

I think there are way more powerful beings in DB (the series before DBZ when goku was a kid and not everyone was able to destroy planets with one attack) than in whole of Pokemon. And the power shown in DB is only something like 0,000000001% of which we see in DBZ and what we see in DBZ is only 0,0000001% of how powerful Goku is in the end of DBGT.

Its like comparing the strongest of all, well.... pets .... to a fighter that can destroy planets without any effort.
    Regigigas pulled the continents together. Arceus created the Pokemon universe and he created 3 Pokemon to guard time, space and anti-matter. Groudon creates landmass. I think you're underestimating some creatures there and that's just to name a few. However they are nowhere near the power DBZ characters hold but Pokemon aren't that weak either but the two are far too different of worlds to compare them fairly.

Goku isn't faster than light. At least the show doesn't portray it accurately at all for any character other than Instant Transmission, which is pretty much like teleporting around, which Mewtwo is also capable of. In fact pretty much all of Goku's obscene power is pure speculation made up by fanboys so they can fanboy over him when fights like this come up.

Mewtwo would win easily. Not even a contest.

Goku wins this, this has been done before many times.
    Mewtwo's feats do not remotely compare to those of Goku even though he is not as strong as people state here.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I really don't think Mewtwo (or any other pokemon) can beat Goku.
    Shuckle .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    Shuckle .
    Mewtwo can use Metronome on a Shuckle and has a possibility of using Transform through that, too.