Heroic 25m Protectors (non-elite)

My guild will be putting some attempts on this tonight and I was wondering what minion stack rotation other people have been using. We did a handful of pulls last night and this is how we intended to handle it:

Group 1: 3 adds, 3 stacks
    Group 2: 3 adds, 3 stacks
    Group 3: 3 adds, 3 stacks
    Group 1: 3 adds, 6 stacks
    Group 2: 3 adds, 6 stacks
    Group 3: 3 adds, 6 stacks
    Group 1: 2 adds, 8 stacks
    Group 2: 2 adds, 8 stacks
    Group 3: 2 adds, 8 stacks
    Group 4: 3 adds, 3 stacks
    Group 1: 1 add, 9 stacks
    Group 2: 1 add, 9 stacks
    Group 3: 1 add, 9 stacks
    Group 4: 6 adds, 9 stacks
    Group 5: whatever's left

Has anyone else used this rotation or is there a better way of going about it?

Deleted
    That's the way we do it too and it works really nicely, given that you have the dps to beat the soft enrage (when the sha adds will just not be soakable anymore). At one point you can ignore them and let them touch the boss, as long as he doesn't get to full stacks and wipes you. At least that's what we did on our first kill, he had 2 stacks of the buff when he died.

Deleted
    We use:

Group 1: 3 adds, 3 stacks
    Group 2: 3 adds, 3 stacks
    Group 3: 3 adds, 3 stacks
    Group 4: 1 add , 1 stack
    Group 1: 3 adds, 6 stacks
    Group 2: 3 adds, 6 stacks
    Group 3: 3 adds, 6 stacks
    Group 4: 1 add , 2 stacks
    Group 1: 2 adds, 8 stacks
    Group 2: 2 adds, 8 stacks
    Group 3: 2 adds, 8 stacks
    Group 4: 1 adds, 3 stacks
    Group 1: 1 add, 9 stacks
    Group 2: 1 add, 9 stacks
    Group 3: 1 add, 9 stacks
    Group 4: 6 adds, 9 stacks
    Group 5: Rest of the raid until 9 stacks.

It worked for us. Using this rotation, all our groups had their buffs until the end of the fight (i think grp 1 had lost their debuff 15 sec before hitting enrage).

The key ist to make sure your melees can cleave the water bubbles and your ranged dps focus on the adds coming. You'll have enough damage if it's done right don't worry about enrage. Also at 20% boss hp left we let the adds run into the boss while we rotate with left raid cooldowns (We also let 1 add run into the 2nd boss at ~20% right after the last lightning storm(it's also a debuff-related thing)).

Here is also a video on yt (this was our firstkill): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWaOae5IJe0
    It's with teamspeak, but in german Hope it helps your guild.

Edit: Forget to say, that we're starting with grp 2 then 3 then 4 and our grp "4" mentioned above is, in fact, grp 1 in our raid. It consists of 4 melees and 1 healer. Also we used 1 Tank (Druid) and 5 Healers (2 shamans, 1 pala, 1 monk and a priest).
    Last edited by mmoc83cbf584a5; 2013-01-24 at 05:24 PM.

What about letting group 4 catch up to 6 stacks before 1, 2, and 3, get their 9th? That way group 1 isn't in danger of losing theirs. Or is there something going on then that warrants having group 4 stay out for 6 adds or is it just to keep 1, 2, and 3 on the boss?

Deleted
    As far as i remember we did it to maximize dmg on the boss yes. Enrage can be a serious problem on this boss for your firstkill. As you can see in the video, we are using Bloodlust as soon as the water bubble goes down...actually idk if this is a dps gain or loss, as im playing elemental and with bl and bubblebuff im way below gcd. Maybe u can delay bl until the buff runs out.

We killed it a while ago, but we tried what you're trying and struggled.

This is what we do and it makes it a joke.

Group 1 (caster DPS, on the add the whole fight): 5
    Group 2 (tank / top melee): 2
    Group 3 (ranged): 2
    Group 4 (melee): 2

G1: 1
    G2: 2
    G3: 2
    G4: 2

Group 5 (Healers): 8

If you need more, have people get their 9th.

In short:
    Group 1: 5,2,2,2
    Group 2: 1,2,2,2
    Group 3: 1,2,2,2
    Group 4: 1,2,2,2
    Group 5: 0,0,0,8

Edit: Fixed the above numbers were fucked up.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2013-01-26 at 01:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its best to delay lust until you're in the final burn (last 40sec of the fight).

This was our first kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    We killed it on heroic elite this week, and honestly, it feels easier than heroic non elite. Heh.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Wiped all night on it, but we were beginning to consistently push third phase and I think we were on par to beat enrage. We ultimately decided to go with the 5-2-2-2 strat because DBM has an option for it that calls out the group rotation. It worked a lot better than what we were previously trying. The only thing our raid leader is insistent on that kind of goes against the more popular strats is that he has the tanks and melee in group 1, getting to 5 stacks first. He says it's because he's looked at multiple logs and the tanks and melee are on top damage-wise every time. Is this a viable way of going about it? There's been a bit of controversy with some of the ranged as we are not that far behind the tanks and melee while they have 5 stacks and we only have 2. Though the advantage to that is that it's a lot less chaotic at the pull and melee can get their buffs easily and they have 5 right away. Then they only have to refresh every fourth pair of adds.

Deleted
    Just started progress on this ourselves and after a little research decided to go for the following;

111 222 33 44 11 22 333 444 - at this point everybody in the raid has 5 stacks, kaolan is dead and we pop stormlash + banner + 3mins CDs.

then go 111 222 333 444 - at this point everyone has 8 stacks and regail should be dead or dying

finally 1 2 3 4 - 3min CDs 'shouid' be up and we pop another lash + banner with hero. We then have healers soaking as many as is viable to kill and the boss taking the rest. With any luck it'll die this lockout ^^

Like I said at this point it's just a theory :P

One thing that was quite frustrating to me was that, as a mage, my fire blast was not always spreading Living Bomb. The only way I could be sure it would spread was to let the bomb completely fall off before reapplying it and fire blasting. I noticed it only happened when I reapplied Living Bomb just before the last tick (as mages are supposed to do). The following fire blast would not spread it. Didn't ALWAYS happen, but when it did, that was the situation. I've never run into that problem anywhere else. Just this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Caladriel View Post
    One thing that was quite frustrating to me was that, as a mage, my fire blast was not always spreading Living Bomb. The only way I could be sure it would spread was to let the bomb completely fall off before reapplying it and fire blasting. I noticed it only happened when I reapplied Living Bomb just before the last tick (as mages are supposed to do). The following fire blast would not spread it. Didn't ALWAYS happen, but when it did, that was the situation. I've never run into that problem anywhere else. Just this fight.
    You should be arcane. It's a single target damage fight and you can stand stationary for extremely long periods of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    You should be arcane.
    I am. Living Bomb is a Tier 5 talent and being able to spread Living Bomb via Fire Blast is a glyph. Fire spec doesn't have Fire Blast. It's replaced by Inferno Blast.