Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question To those that quit wow

I quit a few months ago and for some reason I do not really feel the "withdraws" some people talk about. I have not really found a need or want to come back. I also feel more happy about things than I did when I played.

Has anyone else had the same experience? Why did you quit? have you had a urge to come back?

I come and go. I play till i get bored, then when i come back there is usually enough to keep me entertained for a while till i get bored again. rinse, repeat. Not sure about any "withdrawals" you speak of. It's not like an addiction or anything, it's a video game.

This probably isnt going to help you much but here it goes.

I've quit quite a few times actually. I never had the intention to quit for good though. There's a point when life and just my general willingness to play gets in the way of what I need to do to keep up in the game. So I quit for a month or two or three, whatever, and comeback when I get that inclination to comeback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I come and go. I play till i get bored, then when i come back there is usually enough to keep me entertained for a while till i get bored again. rinse, repeat. Not sure about any "withdrawals" you speak of. It's not like an addiction or anything, it's a video game.

By with draws the people who claim "you will be back no one ever quits for good" as if there is some urge to come back

You don't quit WoW, you simply stop playing; like you do any other game. Quitting makes it sound like it's some sort of bad thing.

OT: I haven't "quit", nor have I stopped playing - Just a thought though, are you sure it's not a subconscious 'withdrawal'? I mean, you are making a thread about WoW after all!

I quit recently, just got tired. I cleared all raids on normal geared all both specs on my main. (sorry I hate hardmodes, changing x,y,z in a fight is not new content for me and I have no desire to do hardmodes) Pvp is so screwed up atm, I just didnt find things that bring me joy.

I tried GW2 , pretty fun, and I feel no pressure to log on and play to get my subs worth. Also playing some SC2 and D3 when bored.

I am not feeling any withdraws towards WoW at the current moment. I just feel the game lost its appeal to me after so many years of playing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    By with draws the people who claim "you will be back no one ever quits for good" as if there is some urge to come back
    Well as the posters above have said, some quit, but knowingly not for good, but only play when they feel they'll enjoy their time spent in game.

99% of my guild from Classic WoW have quit for many years now and not come back, so I guess it isn't rare. Some people just put the game behind them and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Quit or was banned?

Forum suspension =/= in game ban

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 05:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    You don't quit WoW, you simply stop playing; like you do any other game. Quitting makes it sound like it's some sort of bad thing.

OT: I haven't "quit", nor have I stopped playing - Just a thought though, are you sure it's not a subconscious 'withdrawal'? I mean, you are making a thread about WoW after all!
    No subconscious withdrawal. I merely wanted to see what others had to say

Forum suspension =/= in game ban
    So you quit months ago yet received a forum suspension about 1 month ago? Yeah you don't have withdrawals at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    I quit when my guild fell apart on Sinestra. At the time, i didnt really have many friends left in the guild because a lot had left over the time from Ulduar to Sinestra. So when the guild died most quit the game, others spread to different guilds on different servers. I hadnt been enjoying raiding for a long time and it became a job, not a hobby. I spent far too much time playing (10~ hours at minimum each day basically) so quitting was basically the best thing i had ever done. I have fond memories, but could never come back. I have too much of an ego about myself to ever play casually, but ive tried playing other games like SWTOR and could never get into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit a few months ago and for some reason I do not really feel the "withdraws" some people talk about. I have not really found a need or want to come back. I also feel more happy about things than I did when I played.
    Over 200 posts in the last few months, most of them in forums on this site related to WoW in one way or another. Many of those posts laced with terms such as 'fanboys' etc. and many of them very dismissive of anything to do with the game or anyone who professes to still like it.

Perhaps that has something to do with your perceived lack of withdrawal. You're still very engaged with the game one way or another. It speaks to a need for 'something' certainly.

Not criticizing here; just making an observation.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    seems WoW has you still in its grasp, else you wouldnt have bothered posting here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    So you quit months ago yet received a forum suspension about 1 month ago? Yeah you don't have withdrawals at all.
    I guess reading is not your strong point. I quit playing at the end of Nov. Got a forum suspension on Dec 12 for a old post.

Account is not banned. Try reading the thread before making post.

Deleted
    I'm not playing right now, I don't miss anything about the game when I'm not playing and didn't have any problems not playing - after 6 years of playing non stop.

What I miss is people. Right now I don't know anyone playing WoW that I don't also speak to outside of WoW like on steam, so I'm not missing anything. Games are entertainment for me - not addictions. I don't feel compelled to keep playing a game, but I do like to have fun with my friends. If all my friends started talking about how amazingly fun it is to raid together you can guarantee I would start playing again.

Ppl who stop playing WoW are a lot like ppl who quit smoking. Some give it up forever without issue many others go back and forth hating themselves and the habit they can't break.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Over 200 posts in the last few months, most of them in forums on this site related to WoW in one way or another. Many of those posts laced with terms such as 'fanboys' etc. and many of them very dismissive of anything to do with the game or anyone who professes to still like it.

Perhaps that has something to do with your perceived lack of withdrawal. You're still very engaged with the game one way or another. It speaks to a need for 'something' certainly.

Not criticizing here; just making an observation.

I do enjoy reading about stuff still. Also do enjoy making fun of the blizzard asskissers as well .

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 05:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    seems WoW has you still in its grasp, else you wouldnt have bothered posting here.
    Well I said I quit playing the game.

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 05:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I'm not playing right now, I don't miss anything about the game when I'm not playing and didn't have any problems not playing - after 6 years of playing non stop.

What I miss is people. Right now I don't know anyone playing WoW that I don't also speak to outside of WoW like on steam, so I'm not missing anything. Games are entertainment for me - not addictions. I don't feel compelled to keep playing a game, but I do like to have fun with my friends. If all my friends started talking about how amazingly fun it is to raid together you can guarantee I would start playing again.
    Yeah I know what you mean. I played since bc non stop. Now days I just lurke around here and see if anything changes but hell I am not on mmo champ as much as I was on wow lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post

The ppl are certainly the biggest draw for me also. When have take breaks or thought about stopping the ppl I have been playing with for years and talking to in some cases on a daily basis are the reasons I stay or come back sooner. It is also a medium for me to spend time with friends and family that live in other states or cities.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Ppl who stop playing WoW are a lot like ppl who quit smoking. Some give it up forever without issue many others go back and forth hating themselves and the habit they can't break.
    I can stop anytime I want, I swear!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Well said.