Thread: Warhammer 40K

Deleted
    That my good friends, is what happens when you do not thin your paints. Better 3-4 thin layers than dunking them like the fools in those pics did.

Thats clearly the old paint range

Deleted
    lawl those are great ones!!!

My first marine looked like that.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    My first marine looked like that.
    I think that's what makes it so funny, that we can relate to it. I think we have all produced something like those when we first began.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a reason why I don't paint faces, and it's because they would look like that IMO XD those pics are pretty great though

lol Rich, thats some funny shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    lol Rich, thats some funny shit.
    I saw those marines with face before, here, check this out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I saw those marines with face before, here, check this out.

Dear god, that cross eyed Commissar at the end had me laughing.

Jesus its like they are just dipping the marines into the paint itself.

The cross eyed bumbling orgyen wearing space marine armour made me chuckle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tombstoner139 View Post
    With the emergence of 3d printing. what are peoples thoughts on how this tech will kinda kill the WH40K kit market.
    you will be able to print out your landraider or what ever and have it ready for painting in a day all home grown. just the cost of feed stock and power.
    3d milling, 3d printing is already used by people in connection with miniatures. Does not so far seam to have had a lot of impact.

But 3d printing going mainstream will impact of course, it will depend on whether they move to selling blueprints or whether piracy becomes rife. Whats to stop me scultping a "space marine" and scanning it in 3d, messing round with a 3d graphics program and then printing it? Its my sculpt....
    But if I scan a GW space marine, then its copyright infringement.....but how do they know? and how long until landraiders blueprints are available to download from the internet, there are already blueprints to make your own 40K vehicles from cardstock and foamboard out there.....

That reminds me, I have the templates for making a Baneblade in an old White Dwarf, I must hunt it down and have a crack at making one.

I am really not sure whether 3D printing will have that much impact, for a while atleast. I've seen some miniatures that have been "printed" and the detail is not great, I imagine if you want to print miniatures of a decent quality it will costs thousands to set up and maintain.
    Last edited by caractacus; 2013-01-26 at 11:12 PM.

Deleted
    I've odered a small glass cabinet for my room, decided my best armies have spent long enough packed up in boxes and decided to let them hang out in there where they can be on display.

This makes me want to play again, however its been like 10-15 years so most of my army probably won't work with the new rules... also I guess I should say that I was an Imperial Guard player.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    This makes me want to play again, however its been like 10-15 years so most of my army probably won't work with the new rules... also I guess I should say that I was an Imperial Guard player.
    Most of your army should still be playable, it isn't that common that a unit is completely taken out of the rules, they will just be updated. Get yourself the latest codex and get up to speed. Your old list might not be as effective as it once was, but it should be by all means playable on some level

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Most of your army should still be playable, it isn't that common that a unit is completely taken out of the rules, they will just be updated. Get yourself the latest codex and get up to speed. Your old list might not be as effective as it once was, but it should be by all means playable on some level
    The only time i know that happened was with those funky dancing eldars

Deleted
    I wish my poor Black Templars and Tau were updated sooner rather than later.

To be fair though, Tau actually don't look as poorly modelled as other races or armies have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    To be fair though, Tau actually don't look as poorly modelled as other races or armies have.
    Well they are relatively new

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Castiell View Post
    The issue with orks is that they operate under the premisse that red is faster, which it is not.
    Orks Psychic "hive mind" makes it faster because they believe red makes it faster. mind over matter etc, not due to intelligence just sheer stupidity, which is kinda cool... I think