Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I can attest that you absolutely need Thorim up if you're trying one light-25. Those things demolish even a heroic-raid geared tank after the second beacon goes out.

Cho'gall down . 100 corruption+DPS CDs is fun.

Deleted
    I did a lot of solo-ing on my boomkin druid recently. I got Ulduar 10 all down (13/14) except for Algalon (hits a little too hard on me as boomkin). Almost all of them on hardmode, yogg-saron as 1 light. All my solo videos are on my channel on youtube (can't post links yet, just got this account set up). Just search for Boomkin Solo on youtube or the channel name is: mrunanimous.

Today I got Saurfang, Rotface, Festergut and Prof Putricide down as boomkin, so I will be uploading those soon. There is a lot you can solo as boomkin at least, but after WoTLK content I probably have to switch to feral/guardian.

Edit: ICC done! All solo'able as boomkin druid. I will put all the solo videos on youtube .
    Last edited by mmoce538c58243; 2013-01-19 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Cho'gall down . 100 corruption+DPS CDs is fun.
    Mind indulging in how you deal with the bloods?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacab View Post
    Mind indulging in how you deal with the bloods?
    1st set: SD+Thrash+Typhoon and kite until thrash kills them.
    2nd set: Berserk and keep out of range, let berserk chain to them.
    3rd set: SD+SI+Thrash+Typhoon and kite. I WANT this set to bring me over 25 corruption, which eventually means 100 corruption since I have no way of getting rid of the debuff that stacks it.

The trickiest part is getting enough corruption from the 3rd set without having to burn Incarnation+Vigil early. I have I think 6 stacks of Fury at that point, so each of the 12 bloods hits for around 20k before cooldowns.

^More detail
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2013-01-19 at 07:14 PM.

Yogg Saron 25 man +1 is absolutely impossible:
    If you take Thorim, your Insaneity is down to zero befor you can even destroy the first Tentacle... (12% loss per second) And with freya It's still a extremely high RNG and when you manage to get into Phase 3 you cannot survive the adds long enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Eleyanor View Post
    Yogg Saron 25 man +1 is absolutely impossible:
    If you take Thorim, your Insaneity is down to zero befor you can even destroy the first Tentacle... (12% loss per second) And with freya It's still a extremely high RNG and when you manage to get into Phase 3 you cannot survive the adds long enough...
    Yogg-Saron 25man is just extremely rng.
    You will have many trys in which you die early in p2 or end up with 4 sanity (which means the portal event is nearly impossible.)
    But if you do enough trys, you will eventually get a try where you have 16 sanity and can kill him.

Deleted
    Might not be something for everyone but for me it is amazing

+ trash if people dunno what to do

Deleted
    Hello, I am lvling a druid for soloing purposes (mostly to try and get Val'anyr) anyway, what spec is best suited for this in MoP? Is it guardian or is a boomkin spec as viable? I'm thinking for Wotlk and cata stuff in first hand, since i suppose that classic and TBC raids/hc's is trivial with 460+ gear in either spec.
    Thank you in advance, Pansar.
    Last edited by mmocab6ee58d5e; 2013-01-26 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pansarbasse View Post
    Hello, I am lvling a druid for soloing purposes (mostly to try and get Val'anyr) anyway, what spec is best suited for this in MoP? Is it guardian or is a boomkin spec as viable? I'm thinking for Wotlk and cata stuff in first hand, since i suppose that classic and TBC raids/hc's is trivial with 460+ gear in either spec.
    Thank you in advance, Pansar.
    If you had to pick one, I'd go with guardian. Wrath 25-mans hit decently hard, and are probably more difficult to survive as balance than as guardian. I haven't tried them specifically as balance, though, and I know that 10-man raids are pretty much all doable as balance.

If you have the option to play both, that would work out best. It's not common, but occasionally being ranged makes fights much easier.

Deleted
    If you had to pick one, I'd go with guardian. Wrath 25-mans hit decently hard, and are probably more difficult to survive as balance than as guardian. I haven't tried them specifically as balance, though, and I know that 10-man raids are pretty much all doable as balance.

If you have the option to play both, that would work out best. It's not common, but occasionally being ranged makes fights much easier.
    Thank you for your quick answer. That's what i figured, thanks for confirming it. Im guessing that its the same as for DKs for soloing, that it is Guardian spec with DPS gear?

Quote Originally Posted by pansarbasse View Post
    Thank you for your quick answer. That's what i figured, thanks for confirming it. Im guessing that its the same as for DKs for soloing, that it is Guardian spec with DPS gear?
    More or less, but since bears already tank in DPS gear... you basically just solo in your regular tank gear.

Deleted
    More or less, but since bears already tank in DPS gear... you basically just solo in your regular tank gear.
    Ah that is true, thank you for the help.

Deleted
    Is anyone here succeeded in soloing patchwerk and gluth in naxx25? I found me lost hp too quick in the first boss, and no way to stop gluth's healing.

Quote Originally Posted by deva1984 View Post
    Is anyone here succeeded in soloing patchwerk and gluth in naxx25? I found me lost hp too quick in the first boss, and no way to stop gluth's healing.
    Patchwerk has been done. Here's some info kaiadam posted

Well, here's me yawn-moding the dude:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bp6BhERmNQ

I probably should've taken incarnation but was too lazy to talent swap and apparently I didn't need it either.
    (Dought) Second one, in Midwinter.

Um, 530,619 hp, 102,662 armor, 18.84% dodge (no tier boni), 6.13% haste, 7.57% hit, 40.26% crit, 7.6% expertise, 28.24% matery.

Like I said, it was just an exploratory poke (just cleared trash 30 sec prior to pull). I wasn't optimized, either gear or talent-wise, for tanking and he just fell over with a modicum of effort. I couldn't even tell you if savage defense or frenzied regen was better - I used both almost randomly, heh.
    When I was doing it on my druid he only had ~475 guardian gear so it was a bit difficult for me. Once you get to around ~485 it's not so bad, especially if you can get at least LFR sha touched.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-02-14 at 11:05 PM.

Everything in Ulduar10 HM is soloed as a moonkin now, if wasn't done already. Nothing challenging there except for Thorim as I'm a noob with the timers. : (

Just wanted to throw this out to you, as it might be of some interest:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Just a small update this, which should hopefully come as good news... A last minute fix was made to patch 5.2.0 that should allow players to solo the Kalecgos encounter in The Sunwell :-) (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    Just wanted to throw this out to you, as it might be of some interest:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Just a small update this, which should hopefully come as good news... A last minute fix was made to patch 5.2.0 that should allow players to solo the Kalecgos encounter in The Sunwell :-) (Source)
    Not the biggest deal since he was skippable, but it'll be nice for people who wanted transmog off him, and to say that everything pre-cata is killable .

Deleted
    After recently returning to my druid, i just anted to say thank you for this guide, its very helpful indeed keep it up.

Not the biggest deal since he was skippable, but it'll be nice for people who wanted transmog off him, and to say that everything pre-cata is killable .
    I don't like bosses that aren't killable due to mechanics, and I also like being able to kill as many bosses as possible, so this change is very welcome to me.