Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

MSI GTX 660 Ti Problem and Diablo 3

Hello,

I'll get right to the chase. I purchased a GTX 660 Ti to make sure I could play Diablo 3 and most of my games at max settings. Here's in the problem, Diablo 3 is still very laggy for me even with the new card installed. I was wondering if anyone had a clue on what I need to change in the video settings? or is there an optimal setup for running Diablo 3 on high settings? This is the only game I am having a problem with. Latest drivers have been installed and everything is up to date on my computer. I have always been unaware to what the foreground and background FPS are and what to and what not to check. With my old card I just made sure I wasn't lagging even is the graphics were mediocre. In addition, I also get very laggy when zoning into a new spot to farm, I absolutely hate that. Please let me know what you guys think or I should do. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Let me guess, you run Diablo from a HDD? Diablo 3 needs to be run from a SSD or even a Ramdisk to not get the annoying FPS drops.
    From the other thread.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    What nocturnal said. I've stopped playing this game for the same reason. Making rushplays is obnoxious, because of the constant loading.
    SSD reduces it, RAMdisk removes it.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    What about the shuttering lag I get after I have loaded in the zones? Ex: when fighting the elite packs and stuff like that?

Quote Originally Posted by LitteringAnd01 View Post
    What about the shuttering lag I get after I have loaded in the zones? Ex: when fighting the elite packs and stuff like that?
    It is mostly down to the game having to load things from your HDD.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the card is at fault, my 670 has the same problems as your card, it's the game not the hardware.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is mostly down to the game having to load things from your HDD.
    What exactly is RAMdisk?

What exactly is RAMdisk?
    If you have a large amount of free RAM you can use it to make a storage drive. Like a temporary harddrive you could say.

http://memory.dataram.com/products-a...ftware/ramdisk

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest checking out Path of Exile.

www.pathofexile.com

As some put it, and I agree, it's Diablo 3 done right, more or less. However it's a far far smaller install! Personally I removed Diablo 3 from my SSD because I just didn't feel it was worth 12GB of SSD space. I mean, the game is not nearly that big, so I haven't a clue why the install is so massive... I've played D3 off both HDD and SSD, and frankly, if you want to play it without issue, SSDs are sadly the first step. It'll run *okay* on HDDs, but you can easily get killed in one of those loading freak outs.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a large amount of free RAM you can use it to make a storage drive. Like a temporary harddrive you could say.
    So it is a program. I have 16gb of Ram on my computer at the moment. Would be something I should possibly look into to get rid of the laggyness of Diablo 3?

So it is a program. I have 16gb of Ram on my computer at the moment. Would be something I should possibly look into to get rid of the laggyness of Diablo 3?
    It is possible but you would only have 4GB of RAM left after that.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Which SSD do you recommend.. Only looking to get something like 120GB of course.

Which SSD do you recommend.. Only looking to get something like 120GB of course.
    Samsung 840 Pro.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still present on a SSD, so if you're buying an SSD for the sole reason of playing this game lag-free you'll be disappointed.
    It only slightly reduces the stutter.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    It's still present on a SSD, so if you're buying an SSD for the sole reason of playing this game lag-free you'll be disappointed.
    It only slightly reduces the stutter.
    I don't know, I found it pretty much eliminated it on my Crucial m4 128GB, and was basically a night and day difference.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    What settings did you run diablo 3 at? What do you have your max fore/back fps at and what all did you have checked unchecked?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I don't know, I found it pretty much eliminated it on my Crucial m4 128GB, and was basically a night and day difference.
    Hm, i do have an rather old Vertex2, i was early to jump on the SSD boat. Newer SSD's probably have allot more performance.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do not even have an SSD in my computer. Am looking at getting one. I currently have a 1TB 6.0gbs transfer Western Digital hard drive.

I do not even have an SSD in my computer. Am looking at getting one. I currently have a 1TB 6.0gbs transfer Western Digital hard drive.
    While the SATA3 interface is good for 6Gbps that harddrive of yours can only handle about 150MB/s.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, when I get my rebates back I'm going to pick up an SSD. Either the crucial or the samsung