Thread: Rift and Me.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Rift and Me.

Is it me or is me only doing instant adventures to level making me real bored of rift?

Any sane person would be bored by just doing instant adventures, mix it up..
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno I am so sick and tired of playing my toon,should I start fresh with a new one? But I really cant be bothered spending 50p on bags again. And I dont know where to start questing

~EDIT~
    By the way how are the defiant quest hubs compared to the guardS?
    Last edited by Bynaric; 2013-01-26 at 10:07 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    PVP. Quests. Dungeons. Rifts. Zone events. Mentoring.

There's a lot of other ways to level.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bynaric View Post
    Is it me or is me only doing instant adventures to level making me real bored of rift?
    You're going to miss most of the game if you just do Instant Adventures

Deleted
    guardian quest hubs are better defiant ones are so dull and boring in most zones.

I dunno I am so sick and tired of playing my toon,should I start fresh with a new one? But I really cant be bothered spending 50p on bags again. And I dont know where to start questing
    Join a guild. Ask if an Outfitter can make you some cheap bags to keep you going. 95% of the time a guild will have someone willing to make you some cheap bags for free.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not 'just' you, but it is your own fault.

In a game that has such a wide variety in leveling you do the most repetitive and boring way possible non stop...yeah...diversity will save you.
    BAD WOLF

I only did instant adventures until I was lvl 15. Then I moved on to dungeons...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yack346 View Post
    I only did instant adventures until I was lvl 15. Then I moved on to dungeons...
    Try instant adventures in other zones too! It's awesome in the max level zones when you get all sorts of max level players from even some of the best guilds on your shard running around plowing through everything. Adds a good sense of teamwork and fun to it.
    "A flower.

You know, at first I kinda liked IA, but now I really feel it was kinda one of the worst things they have added. It really is boring and repetitive. It also happens to be the fastest and human nature is to take the path of least resistance. Which then leads to burnout. It really seemed like a great idea, but has not worked out to be so.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm definitely not saying to do it and only it... IA on its own will yes, cause burnout for even the most die-hard Rifter, that's for sure.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    You know, at first I kinda liked IA, but now I really feel it was kinda one of the worst things they have added. It really is boring and repetitive. It also happens to be the fastest and human nature is to take the path of least resistance. Which then leads to burnout. It really seemed like a great idea, but has not worked out to be so.
    Eh I think it is still a good idea. Its not really Trions fault people will do them over and over and over despite being bored out of their minds of them. Not saying they couldn;t make it more fun but if people chose to do them over and over that is their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Calliso View Post
    Eh I think it is still a good idea. Its not really Trions fault people will do them over and over and over despite being bored out of their minds of them. Not saying they couldn;t make it more fun but if people chose to do them over and over that is their choice.
    Well, in a sort of way it is their fault. It IS the fastest way to level, unless you ALWAYS win PvP, which to guarantee you need to go in pre-made, which increases your PvP que tenfold if there are not other pre-mades queing, or you have a static group that can run dungeons efficiently. Again, it is withing human nature to take the path of least resistance, and that is IA. If they had made the rewards not so desirable and people still used it then it's not on them anymore, however, it is the fastest way, they designed it as such.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno but I feel the biggest urge to just start over. I was gonna roll defiant but boy does the first zone look boring as hell

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    If the fastest way is the only way to you, then it's a *choice* you make to limit yourself to it.

If you won't diversify because the other ways are 'less efficient' that's a trap of your own making, not something you can blame on Trion.

Lots of current MMO players have forgotten 'fun' and replaced it with 'efficient' and 'fastest' and then wonder why they burn out and get unhappy.
    Actually, it is not the choice I made. The choice I made was to level with a static group through dungeons. Play with a group of like minded friends. Then on my alt I am levelign via questing and enjoying the story. However, posts like this and comments I have seen in game and in guilds show that people take the path of least resistance, and then get bored. This did not happen to me, do not put words in my mouth.

Deleted
    I dont know how viable leveling in warfronts is these days without twinks, but that was usually how I leveled up to... was it 40-something, then I did instant adventures up to 50. Now it's lvl 60 so if both systems are viable I should mix between the two... so far it doesnt seem like lvl 50-60 brings anything exciting in questing part... unless you like exploring new worlds for the sake of exploring new worlds.
    However, they said that removing twinks would still make leveling in pvp an option, and with twinks there was almost instant pop queues at all levels so give warfronts a try (however when I tried leveling in warfronts before twinks were in place I hade 2h queues off peak hours to join a single one:P)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I dont know how viable leveling in warfronts is these days without twinks, but that was usually how I leveled up to... was it 40-something, then I did instant adventures up to 50. Now it's lvl 60 so if both systems are viable I should mix between the two... so far it doesnt seem like lvl 50-60 brings anything exciting in questing part... unless you like exploring new worlds for the sake of exploring new worlds.
    However, they said that removing twinks would still make leveling in pvp an option, and with twinks there was almost instant pop queues at all levels so give warfronts a try (however when I tried leveling in warfronts before twinks were in place I hade 2h queues off peak hours to join a single one:P)
    Thanks for that,Only takes bout 5minutes max for me to join wfs. How is end game content compared to leveling?

Thanks for that,Only takes bout 5minutes max for me to join wfs. How is end game content compared to leveling?
    I love it, I hate leveling in most mmos. SWTOR actually did leveling right, I enjoyed it so much I did it twice. The first time through most mmos though it is a little better - because I can at least fool myself into believeing I care about the lore...

That being said, I really enjoy Rift's endgame. The raiding is very nice. They make gearing something anyone can do with running dungeons for drops and marks - but also there are the IS(infinity stones). These IS will get you gear just as good and sometimes better than dungeon crawling. And IS can be gotten from doing just about anything in Rift; IAs, quests, Zone Events(this is the best), even pvp rewards IS now (Conquest).

In comparison to leveling it is worlds better, but that is coming from someone who dislikes leveling in general.

Also there is pvp endgame. With the last patch they finally made it reasonable. Before the last patch I believe you would've had to pvp, conquest, finish all weeklys and dailies for like 2-3 weeks to earn 1 piece. With the last patch they made it so you can get a piece a week (SO AWESOME!) and removed the restriction of being rank 60 - just to even earn the tokens. Stick with it - many of us out there have killed 15 mobs of this, collect 20 barrels of that, kissed 8 frogs for some 15 years now. It's bound to just get boring for some of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I love it, I hate leveling in most mmos. SWTOR actually did leveling right, I enjoyed it so much I did it twice. The first time through most mmos though it is a little better - because I can at least fool myself into believeing I care about the lore...

That being said, I really enjoy Rift's endgame. The raiding is very nice. They make gearing something anyone can do with running dungeons for drops and marks - but also there are the IS(infinity stones). These IS will get you gear just as good and sometimes better than dungeon crawling. And IS can be gotten from doing just about anything in Rift; IAs, quests, Zone Events(this is the best), even pvp rewards IS now (Conquest).

In comparison to leveling it is worlds better, but that is coming from someone who dislikes leveling in general.

Also there is pvp endgame. With the last patch they finally made it reasonable. Before the last patch I believe you would've had to pvp, conquest, finish all weeklys and dailies for like 2-3 weeks to earn 1 piece. With the last patch they made it so you can get a piece a week (SO AWESOME!) and removed the restriction of being rank 60 - just to even earn the tokens. Stick with it - many of us out there have killed 15 mobs of this, collect 20 barrels of that, kissed 8 frogs for some 15 years now. It's bound to just get boring for some of us.
    Yeah I kinda feel bad like only having portals from silver to gloam. Im like 37 now