Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    You'd be wrong completely. He was a perfectly great defenseman last year while playing against the 12th hardest on ice competition in the NHL. He is a phenomenal player certainly worth more than $2.3 million this season and $2.9 million next year. He may not be great offensively but he is a phenomenal physical defense first guy and absolutely should be making the $4-5 million per year that guys in his comparable range make. Oh ya and he is also TWENTY FREAKING THREE.
    He's never impressed me that much as a divisional opponent; I'd honestly agree with Montreal's GM here, and that's pretty hard for me to say.

I'd say he's not worth 4-5 mil longterm.. I would say he's worth more than 2.5 per for 2 years.

I understand why this isn't working for either side in this situation. They either need to compromise and give him 8 over 2 years or he needs to compromise and take like 17.5 over 5.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope no one saw the rob job that happened in Columbus tonight...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I hope no one saw the rob job that happened in Columbus tonight...
    no offense and not trying to start shit but you guys played like ass. and thats being nice about it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    no offense and not trying to start shit but you guys played like ass. and thats being nice about it.
    Yeah, I imagine it's tough for any team to get hyped to play Columbus. At least we got the 2 points with minimal effort which should bode well for tomorrow night's game. Unfortunately Emery will be in net, so you guys are basically already up 2-0.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    We got one boys!

15+ Year Old Account
    I love that even though they have been pretty mediocre so far, Vancouver already has a commanding lead in their division.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I love that even though they have been pretty mediocre so far, Vancouver already has a commanding lead in their division.
    5 points is a commanding lead over three teams with 4 points?

Hey look at that, Nashville with another shootout loss because we don't have anyone with any shot making ability. Its getting to the point of being so bad you just gotta laugh at it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    It is in that division lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Hey look at that, Nashville with another shootout loss because we don't have anyone with any shot making ability. Its getting to the point of being so bad you just gotta laugh at it.
    honestly if Nashville has any real problems, its that they have no consistency in there offense period. that is all that stops them from being a true top tier team.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 06:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    in the NW? yeah...sure as hell is a commanding lead. same in the SE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    After losing to Edmonton in a shootout, want to know what we did to beat Calgary in a shootout? We sent out a player who has never participated in NHL shootout before. And he scored the game winner. We have better luck sending out players with no experience then we do sending out star players.

Though to be fair, the player who scored has been one of our few 'hot' players during these first few games.

I enjoy watching all of you complain when your teams suck it up, because it's almost close to as funny as how bad the Leafs are.. except it's not because it's been nearly a decade. No sympathy from this end.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    I enjoy watching all of you complain when your teams suck it up, because it's almost close to as funny as how bad the Leafs are.. except it's not because it's been nearly a decade. No sympathy from this end.

ahh the leafs. those poor bastards need to finally do something. (and by do something i mean not SUCK). i mean, even the Penguins managed to build themselves a solid team after 5 years in the gutter. the leafs have had 10. management problem.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Defensive meltdown last night caused that loss, but people who think Nonis is stupid enough to trade Bozak, Kadri and a pick for Luongo need to stop snorting cocaine and get their heads out of their asses. Luongo isn't a guarantee that the Leafs make the playoffs either. Vancouver is better off putting Luongo on waivers and letting a team pick up his contract at half value or making a trade for the rights to his contract after clearing waivers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    ahh the leafs. those poor bastards need to finally do something. (and by do something i mean not SUCK). i mean, even the Penguins managed to build themselves a solid team after 5 years in the gutter. the leafs have had 10. management problem.
    1) The Penguins tanked and magically wound up winning the Sidney Crosby lottery for a once in a generation player that just so happened to coincide with Mario saving that franchise from moving to Kansas City which the league did not want. I'm not saying it was rigged, but it was rigged.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Well we aren't exactly sucking, 5 points in 5 games isn't horrible, its more the fact of how they are losing. Watching Nashville play, we've had the same issues forever and while we do make the playoffs, you get tired of seeing the same issues over and over. Hopefully one of these days one of our forwards actually manages to score goals. We got a lot of guys that have that potential ( Erat, Wilson, Smith, Horquivst, Kostisyn) to be 40 goal scorers, they for some reason just never seem to be able to finish. I think Legwand is our leading goal scorer atm, and thats a scary thought lol.

10+ Year Old Account

What a fucking dink.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    sadly that brain fart called Don Cherry will call him out.

edmonton wins

I remember picturing this comment in my head when Don Cherry brought it up.

Can't really blame him though, you can celebrate without acting like a 12 year old who has never put the puck in the net. I'm all for excitement, but if he does that for every goal he's gonna wear himself out rofl.