Quote Originally Posted by Coolie View Post
    Ya that's fair enough. the thing that bummed me was just the in ability to really get a technical breakdown of statistics.

But ya, it was cool that Valve did regulate that though.
    If you can work an API, Valve has done nothing but improving their web one. You can get a whole lot of stats utilizing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you guys think of DotaBuff getting shut down? It actually made me kind of sad cause I just loved looking up the statistics but oh well.
    They're being melodramatic. They shut it down because they couldn't turn it into a profitable venture, not because Valve stopped it.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

What do you guys think of DotaBuff getting shut down? It actually made me kind of sad cause I just loved looking up the statistics but oh well.
    I've never used that website. Their shut down will not effect me but I can understand why people loved it. It was their mistake to announce rating. There is a reason why Valve hides MMR. Maybe it's not final version yet or maybe they won't reveal it at all. Either way, DB acted like they can parse whatever they want and manipulate those parses however they please. Their agitation for community to contact with Valve or IceFrog and spam their mails etc...Very low.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 11:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    They're being melodramatic. They shut it down because they couldn't turn it into a profitable venture, not because Valve stopped it.
    I thought they were going pretty well but once all profiles set to private by default that means samples parsed will be decreased dramatically. I really doubt most of casual players change their privacy setting to public. So it really means Valve shut them down.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2013-01-27 at 09:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Drow, I play her almost every time I queue up with me team. She is nice because of the slow+buff+silence and evil damage. I almost never get nuked down asap in teamfights so I can just stand still and nuke the shit out of them and make our team win. I'm level 14 so that might be why. She is damn fun to play, I wish WR was better because she is pretty awesome aswell to play she just doesn't scale well enough.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

anyone need keys? just add me, have 11
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/raqi/

Deleted
    WR is way to good for my liking.

Its one of the heroes that are the most continous used heroes in higher games and professional games, she was never bad if I think back... shackle shot on two was always 3.75 seconds if I remember correctly, Windwalk was strong too always.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    WR is way to good for my liking.

Its one of the heroes that are the most continous used heroes in higher games and professional games, she was never bad if I think back... shackle shot on two was always 3.75 seconds if I remember correctly, Windwalk was strong too always.
    Ironically I'd say WR is one of the better-balanced heroes. If she doesn't build as a carry, she has trouble staying relevant past like 30 minutes (or whenever Powershot stops being significant, whichever comes first), and even if she does, she doesn't scale well.

Windrun is easy to deal with; only lasts a couple of seconds and some attack modifiers like Bash will still land the hit if the coinflip works. Windrun also only works against physical, she's still plenty easy to blow up with spells.

She's a good all-around hero, but she suffers from not really excelling in any area. There are better stuns, better nukes, and better escape mechanisms.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Deleted
    But there is one thing she has, versatility, thats where she excells and why she is picked for 2 years continously in competetive play.

There are better stuns, better nukes, and better escape mechanisms.
    I dont know, 3.75 seconds stun on a 12 second cooldown is hard to beat. I dont view the requirement of it having to shackle to something behind it as a major downside- The only other stun thats on par with it is Stormbolt and ultimates imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I thought they were going pretty well but once all profiles set to private by default that means samples parsed will be decreased dramatically. I really doubt most of casual players change their privacy setting to public. So it really means Valve shut them down.
    The only thing that hidden profiles should affect is DBR considering you can get data in other ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    I dont know, 3.75 seconds stun on a 12 second cooldown is hard to beat. I dont view the requirement of it having to shackle to something behind it as a major downside- The only other stun thats on par with it is Stormbolt and ultimates imo.
    I dunno, that AI is notoriously flaky, and if I remember right, it activates based on current positions and not based on when WR fired the shot, so it's somewhat easy to avoid.

Windrun is easy to deal with; only lasts a couple of seconds and some attack modifiers like Bash will still land the hit if the coinflip works. Windrun also only works against physical, she's still plenty easy to blow up with spells.
    She has greater chance of survival compared to most heroes. I am not sure how you categorize it as "easy to deal".

Off-topic: Artificial Intelligence has nothing to do with shackle fail-success calculation. You are using wrong term.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 05:07 PM ----------

the shot, so it's somewhat easy to avoid.
    Even professional players who we, naturally, assume to have better reaction time can not avoid it. Are you sure it's easy? shackle shot will always have initialization advantage if player finds an opportunity. That's how we see good shackles even in professional games.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2013-01-27 at 03:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    She has greater chance of survival compared to most heroes. I am not sure how you categorize it as "easy to deal".

Off-topic: Artificial Intelligence has nothing to do with shackle fail-success calculation. You are using wrong term.
    Yeah it's the wrong term, but it's fuckload faster to type than "shackle calculation angle."

And she's probably harder to kill than, say, Clinkz. If you tag her with a stun, she's probably dead - either Windrun runs out before the stun ends, or she's already pretty much dead before she can even use Windrun.

Yeah it's the wrong term, but it's fuckload faster to type than "shackle calculation angle."

And she's probably harder to kill than, say, Clinkz. If you tag her with a stun, she's probably dead - either Windrun runs out before the stun ends, or she's already pretty much dead before she can even use Windrun.
    They cant kill you if they're shackled
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    They cant kill you if they're shackled
    You can't shackle them if you're dead.

Windrunner is a weak hero. She is picked because she is hard to catch up to early game, but like many other ints so loses significance past 30 minutes.

Even her offlane, which she is loved for, is fairly terrible. Plenty of heroes can zone her while an ally freezes the lane, some heroes can flat out kill her.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    You can't shackle them if you're dead.
    You can't be shackled when you're dead. Ha!

By the way, how is Troll Warlord? I tried him once, and he was pretty fun, but he seems a lot like one of those "why pick him when you can pick <hero>"-heroes.

I'm excited for walrus-man though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Even her offlane, which she is loved for, is fairly terrible. Plenty of heroes can zone her while an ally freezes the lane, some heroes can flat out kill her.
    That pretty much applies to any offlane against a carry (or just farmer) who doesn't fuck up lane control and support(s) that know what they're doing. Barring invisible heroes if the enemy don't buy detection and heroes that can mess with their own creepwaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    You can't be shackled when you're dead. Ha!

By the way, how is Troll Warlord? I tried him once, and he was pretty fun, but he seems a lot like one of those "why pick him when you can pick <hero>"-heroes.

I'm excited for walrus-man though.
    Troll can literally permastun a hero to death and can do it at a much earlier point in the game than void. He can jungle and he can solo rosh at 11, maybe sooner depending on his farm. With an item like shadow blade he can kill most heroes before they can fight back.

Troll is probably top 3 hardest carry heroes in the game. With items you are dead the second he gets into melee range no matter what hero you are.

@Manni
    I don't disagree, I'm just stating that WR is a lot weaker than she appears.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-01-27 at 09:10 PM.

Deleted
    Troll is damn prick with his Melee toggle, he farms pretty fast and is generally a nuisance to deal with.

While I personally dont like Shadow blade at all its shitty for anyone if that Troll pops out of stealth and smashes your skull in.