Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Dito. Couldn't cry when my grandad died either. And he was the one I liked most out of all my relatives. Doesn't mean I don't miss him tho.

So don't worry, not being able to cry doesn't mean you don't care. In fact there's quite a lot people out there that cry just because it's expected of them, which is worse in my opinion - because that's fake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you weren't THAT close or maybe you were shocked. Anyway I am sorry for your loss may she rest in peace.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatat999 View Post
    Hello guys, I've got a weird question.

Two weeks ago my grandmother died, and when I was on funeral I couldn't cry, I was 1st time in my life on a funeral (Im 21 y/o) and I have to say I really liked my grandmother, but I just couldnt drop a single tear, I even wanted to cry because I had a bad feeling when everybody was crying and I was maybe the only one who wasnt, It was really a weird feeling.

Am I some kind of psychopat or sick person?
    Don't be surprised if your reaction comes some time afterwards. It might just be that you've suppressed your reaction.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was at my mothers dead boyfriend, who i liked really much, i didnt cry either. I couldnt. I smiled tho, because the church was full, there was 135 people (a small church) and i felt bad about it. But theres nothing wrong with it, its different from people to people

Deleted
    it will happen.
    Something will trigger it, maybe a memory, or an item. But it will happen. And when it does, Just go with it. Don't try and bottle it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Not everybody cries at death.
    I laugh a bit more myself...I mean i feel sad but i just wind up laughing more.

We all react differently to situations as such

Psychopaths would have been smiling and joking around while the coffin was lowered.

For many such as myself you may accept that a person is dead, but not really emotionally grasping that the person is gone forever. To some death is just too unreal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wysmark View Post
    We all react differently to situations as such

Psychopaths would have been smiling and joking around while the coffin was lowered.

For many such as myself you may accept that a person is dead, but not really emotionally grasping that the person is gone forever. To some death is just too unreal
    I might joke but i'd still feel sad at the death. Again everybody does things differently and lets face it nothing can perk people up like a good joke. Though i have also asked myself the same question as the OP due to my unusual way of grieving. According to my shrink i'm no psycho/sociopath but i still worry about it every so often.

I cry when I feel I need to. No event will guarantee a rise out of my except the death of my mother/brother. Other family members just are not close enough, so no I think you're perfectly okay.

I cried a lot when my grandmother died, but my father didn't cry, but I know he felt it.

No.

People treat death in very different ways. Personally I see it as another form of life, something we have to do.

I like to think, knowing that energy cannot be destroyed, that their physical energy is now being used around the world, for Trees to grow, who'll then bare fruit, which'll give life to hundreds of little birds and other animals.

I don't feel sad at the concept of death, although it is not a happy experience of course! As for their personality, memories, life ... Who knows?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    it will happen.
    Something will trigger it, maybe a memory, or an item. But it will happen.
    That's a load of crap.

Maybe it will.

Maybe it won't.

Different people experience the loss of someone they love in very different ways.

It's egocentric and disrespectful to tell others how they will feel. You just don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I laugh a bit more myself...I mean i feel sad but i just wind up laughing more.
    Everyone has their own way of dealing with it, and oddly enough laughing is a common one also.

At times of great hardship (Which, we've made Death) we like even a second of respite from it all. Almost every funeral i've been to has someone telling a joke, people laugh and then when we're back at the wake, there are more jokes and funny stories told.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wysmark View Post
    The opposite is also possible:

I emotionally grasped that my grandmother was dying, a few years before her death. So I had time to deal with it, and by the time she actually died I'd gone through most of the grief already. Didn't cry at the funeral, or afterwards.

p.s. My mother died when I was nine, so death became very real to me, very young. That also makes a difference, of course.

I didn't get upset when my grandfather passed.. until a year later when I wanted to see him and realized that I couldn't.

Deleted

Two weeks ago my grandmother died, and when I was on funeral I couldn't cry, I was 1st time in my life on a funeral (Im 21 y/o) and I have to say I really liked my grandmother, but I just couldnt drop a single tear, I even wanted to cry because I had a bad feeling when everybody was crying and I was maybe the only one who wasnt, It was really a weird feeling.

Yes, you are, you should be locked up in a cage and dumped into the ocean.

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-01-27 at 04:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a young man, I've been since birth in the 90's til 2005 (maybe) that men can't express emotions. Dropping a tear would label you as a gay or a pussy.

I honestly hate that labeling system, and I'm glad we've moved into a more mature age. However, when my ass-hat of a father left us last August, and my mother was crying for months, I could never shed a tear. I used to cry when I was young and thought about death, and that'd take my mother away from me. But I couldn't shed a tear, even though I felt my heart wrenching.\

I have to ask, do you normally cry?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometime it takes a person longer than others to process what has actually happened. And while it's not really -needed- to cry, you can show that you're sad other ways

I was at a funeral once and I just wanted to go back home.
    I don't let people into my life so thats probably why I didnt care.

Deleted

Not at all. Had the same thing happen to me,grandfather's funeral,literally everyone was crying,except me(even my brother whom i never saw crying my entire life). Felt weird,but everyone has different methods of coping with it. But then again,i knew he he would die.