Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    Has nothing to do with. They grow up in culture where these things are cool. It's cool to ditch school, smoke buds, slang rocks, pimp ho's, etc. Being poor has nothing to do with it. Made up so liberal whites feel better about themselves. I've lived in the "hood" and trust me the youngsters aren't sitting around saying "damn this society is so hard to live, I'm gonna go break into a house". It's not how it works. They want the money from the video's not the money you earn when you go to college for 4 years rack up 30-60k of loans and only make 45k/yr.

Europeans might have a different view cause honestly I don't think their black communities are half as bad as they are in US. Just google ghetto fights for about 5mins and you get a REAL view of what its like instead of fake unreal view you possess.
    You describe WHAT is happening, even though the post you replied to deals with the question WHY.
    Of course the little black kids in the ghetto won't have that thought process, they just do what they learned from the people around them. However, it's a result of a dozen different socio-economic factors.
    Poverty breeds crime. Crimes committed by non-white people lead to more racism towards them. Racism reduces the chances of non-white people breaking out / succeeding in life, which perpetuates their worse economic status. Repeat till infinity.
    It's a vicious circle. Saying that "black people commit 5x more crimes than whites, it's obviously because they have crime in their genes lolol" is the most retarded argument ever.
    Being poor has everything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    People don't understand the definition of racism.

Being scared of a group of black teenagers on a city block is not racism.

Thinking you are superior to them because you are white is racism.
    Being scared because they are black is racism. Being scared because they are a group and acting like morons is not.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

I'm racist...all Orcs look the same and who in Azeroth would want green skin I mean come on what are they over grown leprechauns...

GGG!!!

Gangsta Gnome Guild!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done the forums things before on other sites and usually somewhere along the lines somebody will try to label me a racist. Over the years I've grown to accept it (dont really think I am though). I've never hurt somebody over race, hell I still hold a door open for somebody other than my race, I treat them absolutely the same irl but I am a lot more wary of some races compared to others. I guess what it stems down to is being a realist that acknowledges some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem. Don't really know what I'm trying to get out of this but I'm tired of others thinking racist people are bad. There is many degrees of racism, please don't lump all of us together and dismiss an individual so easily because he/she doesn't think like you.
    Can't help but think you're trying to get attention with your topic. However I'll answer your question: when you wrote " but I am a lot more wary of some races compared to others. I guess what it stems down to is being a realist that acknowledges some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem.". You're degrading the races instead of the culture itself. You say it's the person that is more violent, takes drug and create mayhem, while in fact it's the culture they're in and not the color of their skin/hair, or the country they were born in. You're not realist; you're close-minded and believe you're absolutely right. Your posts in this topic confirm what I am saying.

In any case, yes it can be a big deal, simply because judging people based on things they cannot decide (like skin color) is idiotic. However I don't think it's wrong to judge someone on his way of thinking, as it is something you personally decide. Like to think races are more violent.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    racism is just another word for ignorance

> Yes
    > Very yes

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    The point is that mostly, races within a society are mostly secluded into different social groups. So yes, you can often generalize people based on looks without being racist, because it has a basis in statistics.

Example from Czech society:
    "I hate gypsies because everyone with darker skin is dumb." - Yes this is racist.
    "I always try to avoid gypsies because bands of them often go around beating up and robbing people." - This is the harsh truth, it's not racist, it's just a realist point of view. The PC people try to make this be racist, and that's bad, because it doesn't help solve the issue in any way.
    I agree, and I do not hate blacks/mexicans/asians but when I see a group of them that I know that are involved in the "gang culture" yeah that is where my racism comes out.

If I see a kid who looks like a thug walkin' down the street; I will be wary of them. That's not racist, that's practical. If you dress like a thug that's the reaction you should expect, and it doesn't matter what color your skin is. If I put the blame for failures at work on a co-worker cause I just don't like them for some unspecified reason. That's racist; If you don't have a reason for not liking this person (and they aren't the sole cause of the failures), then it probably boils down to race. Otherwise you would know specifically what you don't like about them.

So... If your a racist and didn't realize it, or have had a change of heart somewhere but are unsure how to stop, or if you just want to be sure that you are never the slightest bit racist; then you should identify that racism is based on stereotypes: Black people are violent, Hispanics are simple, White people are stupid, etc... Identify the stereotype and know that (even if it were true in some or even most cases) it's not true in all cases, and that this person your dealing with deserves to be judged based on their actions, thoughts, and beliefs and not the preconceived notion of other people who are similar. The world has mixed culture, heritage and religion so much that people who look like they would belong in one group could have backgrounds in any group, or a combination of groups.
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

10+ Year Old Account
    zzzzzzz

It was his exact definition - I am very aware of what racism is.
    I actually think you have no idea what racism is, a lot of people in this thread don't.

Saying "certain races are more likely to be violent," is either a factually correct, or factually incorrect, but its not racist.

Racism: Racism is usually defined as views, practices and actions reflecting the belief that humanity is divided into distinct biological groups called races and that members of a certain race share certain attributes which make that group as a whole less desirable, more desirable, inferior or superior.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

I agree, and I do not hate blacks/mexicans/asians but when I see a group of them that I know that are involved in the "gang culture" yeah that is where my racism comes out.
    So a group of whites don't bother you? I mean what the fuck do you call the bikers?

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually think you have no idea what racism is, a lot of people in this thread don't.

Saying "certain races are more likely to be violent," is either a factually correct, or factually incorrect, but its not racist.

Racism: Racism is usually defined as views, practices and actions reflecting the belief that humanity is divided into distinct biological groups called races and that members of a certain race share certain attributes which make that group as a whole less desirable, more desirable, inferior or superior.
    It's racist if you believe that the violence owes to some difference in race rather than the socioeconomic conditions typically surrounding persons of said raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    To me, if you find a Black Women (For example) not as a attractive as a White Women, that to me isn't racism... I think it is extremely stupid, closed minded and ignorant, but not racist.
    See this is the extreme. I prefer slim brunettes with long legs, that is what physically attracted me to my wife. Why would that make me close minded and ignorant. No offense but your statement is ignorant.

Some people like blondes, brunettes, tall people, short people, big chests, small chests, athletic women, soft women etc etc.

When people like you try to paint the extreme, you diminish the real problems by diluting them with silliness to make a point.
    Last edited by davesurfer; 2013-01-27 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Ipad fail
    "Peace is a lie"

If that is true aren't you being a racist with your own comment?
    not its not, he's saying he's a racist.
    if you say you stole something and i'll call you a thief... u see where i'm going with this?
    nice try on being a smartass mate, dont quit you day job.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So a group of whites don't bother you? I mean what the fuck do you call the bikers?
    Nah for some reasons bikers have never worried me. I go to the Laughlin run almost every year for the last 25years and never once had a problem with a biker (and there is A LOT of mexican bikers too). I was there in Laughlin (not at Harrahs tho) when the big brawl between bandidos and hells angels broke out, so yes I do know they can be violent as well it just is not the same to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Please. The worst gypsies will do is steal your sheets off the line.
    Where are you from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Where are you from?
    I'm from Sol III.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    A criminal is a criminal, the colour of their skin shouldn't matter. There is only one race and that is the human race.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Quote Originally Posted by Improtaight View Post
    not its not, he's saying he's a racist.
    if you say you stole something and i'll call you a thief... u see where i'm going with this?
    nice try on being a smartass mate, dont quit you day job.
    So because of one of my views I am stupid? Are you seriously that obtuse?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I'm from Sol III.
    Nice avoidance of the question, but unless you grew up in Europe then you have never had any dealings with real Gypsies.

so, if Violence is considered less desirable, or more desirable, or inferior or superior, then saying a Certain race is more prone to violence would be both factually inaccurate AND Racist. by your own definition.