Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruddoris View Post
    again, no. to say statistically more pedophiles have been white, is a statistical observation, when you make a predictive statement saying a gender is more likely to commit a crime or exhibit certain behavior, you are doing 2 things.

1. you are making a logical error of attributing causality without proving what is relevant and what is statistically unimportant.

2. you are being racist because you assumed race was a factor without any evidence showing your perspective on people uses race as a factor for anything other than how easily they will tan.
    Why do you keep insisting I'm attributing causation when I'm going out of my way to tell you I'm not. It's like you're not reading my posts.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    So basically, 9 of 10 people are not actually real humans.

And I think that genghis khan number is something like 1/400, not 1/4.
    Where would you get 9/10 aren't human?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    I've done the forums things before on other sites and usually somewhere along the lines somebody will try to label me a racist. Over the years I've grown to accept it (dont really think I am though). I've never hurt somebody over race, hell I still hold a door open for somebody other than my race, I treat them absolutely the same irl but I am a lot more wary of some races compared to others. I guess what it stems down to is being a realist that acknowledges some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem. Don't really know what I'm trying to get out of this but I'm tired of others thinking racist people are bad. There is many degrees of racism, please don't lump all of us together and dismiss an individual so easily because he/she doesn't think like you.
    Does anyone else see the absolute irony in this statement? You ask people to not lump all racists together and dismiss an individual, yet that is EXACTLY what a racist does toward people of different races.

There are only two things I can say is true about all people of any given race:

1. They are treated badly, or looked upon badly by racists all their lives, and constantly have to deal with racism in many forms.
    2. They are people, the same as everyone else, they feel the same feelings, breathe the same air, and do all the same things as anyone else does.

A person's race makes them no worse, or no better than anyone else. The ability to look at other people not as their race, but as people, just the same as anyone else, though, does make someone a better person than a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Where would you get 9/10 aren't human?
    Well, 1 out of 10 carries THE gene (a single gene) from the Original Human in Africa. Therefore, 9 out of 10 do not carry this gene (and since one wasn't specified, that opens the field to ANY of the Original Human's genes), and therefore 9 out of 10 people do not carry any of the same genes as the Original Human.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Do i not recognize differences ?
    HUH ? the fuck are you talking about if someone is black im gonna see that XD

10+ Year Old Account
    What if them being of that race led to their socioeconomic situation which led to their increased violence and crime?
    Considering that never happens, I really couldn't say. Switch black with asian in terms of history and you'd have the same result.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 07:47 AM ----------

Well, 1 out of 10 carries THE gene (a single gene) from the Original Human in Africa. Therefore, 9 out of 10 do not carry this gene (and since one wasn't specified, that opens the field to ANY of the Original Human's genes), and therefore 9 out of 10 people do not carry any of the same genes as the Original Human.
    There is no original human. There are Most Recent Common Ancestors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Considering that never happens, I really couldn't say. Switch black with asian in terms of history and you'd have the same result.
    Switch what? The words? Inject every asian with black skin genes and every black person with asian skin genes? Pick up every black person and every asian person using a gigantic crane and swap their places? Transplant their brains? When exactly is this exchange taking place?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Switch what? The words? Inject every asian with black skin genes and every black person with asian skin genes? Pick up every black person and every asian person using a gigantic crane and swap their places? Transplant their brains? When exactly is this exchange taking place?
    You're being awfully literal.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    You're being awfully literal.
    You're being terribly vague!

10+ Year Old Account
    "Switch black with asian in terms of history and you'd have the same result."

I really cannot dumb it down any more than that.

You can't be serious...

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Why do you keep insisting I'm attributing causation when I'm going out of my way to tell you I'm not. It's like you're not reading my posts.
    because a statement of X gender is per capita more inclined to commit Y act. by it's very nature is implying Race as the Causality of the act. what you are really saying is a person is more likely to commit Y act if they are of X gender. if you make a historical statement like in 2012 63% of armed robberies were committed by X gender then you aren't being racist, but you might are most likely giving incomplete data no different than if I were to say 80% of auto accidents occur with one or more vehicles using GM goodrich tires.

10+ Year Old Account
    No we're all equally worthless and parasetic. Welcome to the cancer that is mankind. Enjoy your stay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    No we're all equally worthless and parasetic. Welcome to the cancer that is mankind. Enjoy your stay.
    That doesnt sound manic at all, maybe change your named to depressedwrath

To an extent racism is actually completely natural, it's normal to be averted to people who are different from you. But people often take that instinct and turn it into willful hate or prejudice.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    I'm not racist, just dislike certain cultures and aware of the differences
    But that is the definition of racism.

What I would like to know is why people are racist. A lot of the discussion of this thread is about the degree of racism, but lets say for arguments sake that a certain level of racism, is perfectly fine.

I highly doubt anyone here has never laughed at a racist joke, made a racist comment in jest or in some way felt uncomfortable around a certain group of people, but at the end of the day, to purposefully hate another person because of their skin colour really is pathetic.

If you were young, and some black kids (for example) beat you to shit, I could understand that you've got a fear, and that you've let the fear turn into hate, but to hate someone purely because of their skin colour, for no other reason then the fact that they're not the same colour as you, is downright disgusting.

Crime statistics or not, there is no reason to believe that every black man is going to rob your ass, because it is that attitude that is actually preventing the progression of mankind overall.

Deleted
    I'm not too keen on immigrants from ME/NA in Sweden, only bad experiences with them. Nevermind the fact they're overrepresented in sex crimes. Pointing that out gets me called a racist though..

But you are being racist towards racist people because you just generalized and judged people you don't even know and have no idea what is their reason for being a racist, which pretty much makes you an idiot yourself.
    Kabukage 85 Tauren Shaman - Ahn'Qiraj EU
    Gandalug 85 Dwarf Paladin - Emerald Dream EU

10+ Year Old Account
    i am not racist don't really care but what i find funny is that black people can use the ''n'' word between them self but if a whit tell a black that word he will get beat up

10+ Year Old Account
    Dislike is not the same as intrinsic inferiority for one, and second, what people often dislike in terms of race has nothing to do with skin pigment but arbitrary qualities assigned to an entire group of people based on skin pigment.

History and culture shows us that skin pigment has no real bearing on cultural or social norms, other factors like poverty do.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.