Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    There is racism then there is racism...

There's PC racism which is people just crying racism because they think something minor like a comic strip or and old TV show is racist because they used a word of stereotyped something wrong and then ask for it to be burned or censored... Thats stupid..

But plain racism that involves evil intent and racism with intent to harm is really bad, I just cant stand people that would openly be a racist and be proud and I know some one, and it makes me really sick especially as we live in a time when we expect to be over this.
    You don't have to be on the level of Nazi-like hatred to be racist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    But plain racism that involves evil intent and racism with intent to harm is really bad, I just cant stand people that would openly be a racist and be proud and I know some one, and it makes me really sick especially as we live in a time when we expect to be over this.
    Should try being a woman and having to go to school with people from the ME/NA region and get called a whore almost every day simply because you're swedish and have them try to grope you because you're "dressing like a whore"(T-shirt and jeans apparently is dressing like a whore), you'll find that you'll grow to hate them aswell. Even more so when the school doesn't do anything about it and just accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Everyone a racist deep down even if they don't admit it.
    I'm not. Zero Racism right here.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Racists may or may not be "bad" people but they are for fucking sure ignorant has limited perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Everyone a racist deep down even if they don't admit it.
    Is it how you lie to yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    It's a difficult situation, personally if I saw a group of 5 [anything]'s I'd be a little wary. In the end you have nothing to lose from crossing the street and perhaps being seen as prejudiced, remove yourself from the situation entirely and it ceases to be an issue. Risk assessment > prejudice.
    Yeah, but some might consider it racist if you would be more likely to do if they were black.

But statistically it would be better to err on the side of caution.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    Na. Being racist is not a big deal. It's the people that listen to it and are offended that have the problem. Sticks and stone may break your bones, but words will never hurt you.
    Yaay, role-reversal!

I wish I lived in the same world as you where racism has never lead to physical violence or attempts to make a certain race subservient to another.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Yeah, but some might consider it racist if you would be more likely to do if they were black.

But statistically it would be better to err on the side of caution.
    I can only speak as to how I would handle the situation but I don't think skin colour would play an issue, more the way they were conducting themselves, the time of day/night, the location etc... Living in Scotland I'm more likely to be confronted by a group of white guys in track suits than a group of black guys.
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2013-01-27 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Should try being a woman and having to go to school with people from the ME/NA region and get called a whore almost every day simply because you're swedish and have them try to grope you because you're "dressing like a whore"(T-shirt and jeans apparently is dressing like a whore), you'll find that you'll grow to hate them aswell. Even more so when the school doesn't do anything about it and just accept it.
    Try evaluating the facts and you won't hate an entire region for the actions of a few kids at school.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Try evaluating the facts and you won't hate an entire region for the actions of a few kids at school.
    A few kids.. it was the majority of them, even their parents and siblings. Fact is immigrants are overrepresented in sex crimes in Sweden. Especially those from the ME/NA regions.

Deleted
    While its somewhat understandable, You should hate individuals not everyone. If you get raped 5 times by arabic guys you should hate those arabic guys for what they did to you. And not because they're from Saudi Arabia.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    There is no context. It's a simple, factual statement.

And pointing it out does not support a racist argument. A racist wouldn't need to argue such a thing, because racism isn't based on facts or statistics, but ignorance, and the belief that one race is superior to another regardless of facts.
    the context is in the use those facts are used in. the simplest corruption of statistics is when you use a single factor like Race in a complex problem like crime statistics. for example what would the statistics show for crime committed by persons with an annual income in excess of 250,000 a year?

if it's a fact that black people commit more crimes than other races, then the statistics should hold relatively true regardless of income range. so by taking only a small bit of information and removing it from the rest of the data you corrupt it and make it give the implication that the reason those people committed more crimes is because they are of a specific race, if that wasn't what you were trying to show there is no reason to remove that specific bit of information from the rest of it and display it out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    Sticks and stone may break your bones, but words will never hurt you.
    Physically, no. Physiologically, it may hurt.

A few kids.. it was the majority of them, even their parents and siblings.
    So you're saying that you were called names and groped by their parents and siblings as well as the majority of kids? Or perhaps that isn't what you meant.

In any case, you're probably remembering the actions of a few and transferring that to the majority, then transferring that to the entire region. Even if it was every single person at the school it would still not be right to judge the entire region based on one fucked up school.

Racism is stupid, people are a product of their environment, race isn't a part of that.

Deleted
    I guess that means that whites are backstabbing cunts who'll step on a baby for a lousy piece of coin. I mean, just look at history right?

I'm not sure people know this, but humans are all the same regardless of how tanned they are or if they were spawned in the jungle or the desert. If you took the kid of Lord Nicington and Lady Well-to-Do and let a couple of Colombian smack-dealers raise it, you'd have the same kind of brat they'd spawn themselves. And vice-versa.

Unfortunately, people still subscribe to a cave-man mentality that only those that look like me are good and everyone else is bad, and I'm pretty sure that we'll never get over it until we've got aliens to contend with, in which case all the dirty coloured people will look enough like Joe Whiteguy that we'll all be able to bond over our hatred of those dirty, stinking aliens.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    One thing is racism and other thing that none usually talk about is aesthetics.

Some people simply don't like X skin color, they could still be good friends with those but they won't as they mostly won't start words with them.

I think that part is fine as long as no racism is involved. It's like going into a gay bar with friends, you could speak with someone inside in a friendly way, but there's no point because you don't want anything with that people, yet you respect them since them since you don't have kind of problem with them.

That said, I don't have any of those issues, but that's definitely not racism

I think racism is like the internet trolls, everyone will call someone a troll even if he's not, even he simply did a bad joke. Same goes with racism, some people think in some way, yet it doesn't mean they are racists.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I think racism is like the internet trolls, everyone will call someone a troll even if he's not, even he simply did a bad joke. Same goes with racism, some people think in some way, yet it doesn't mean they are racists.
    This would make sense if people called somebody who turned all of the chairs in a place around the other way just to see if people noticed a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Improtaight View Post
    being a racist means u generalize and judge people that u never met or personally know...
    so yeah, its that big of a deal, it basiclly means u're an idiot

hope that helped clear things out.
    People throw words like stupid and idiot around way too easily and for all the wrong reasons. Being intolerant doesn't make you an idiot. It either makes you just plain judgemental or weathered. If you lived where I live, you'd keep an eye on black people whenever you see them after seeing the kind of things black males do in public areas here. I'm not racist, but knowing what those type of human beings do around here, I'm obviously not going to assume their swell fellas. Stereo types are true most of the time, it's the soft-bellied fools like you who can't accept uncomfortable truths that think they aren't.

Deleted
    So you're saying that you were called names and groped by their parents and siblings as well as the majority of kids? Or perhaps that isn't what you meant.
    It's more that their parents condoned that type of behaviour. They didn't do anything. Neither did the school. Their siblings were part of it, they were walking around in gangs. Sitting alone on the bus after school was out of question if you didn't want them to come, having to actively search out groups of swedish people just to be left alone is rather ridiculous.
    In any case, you're probably remembering the actions of a few and transferring that to the majority, then transferring that to the entire region. Even if it was every single person at the school it would still not be right to judge the entire region based on one fucked up school.
    Most people I've met from those regions have been equally skewed in their view on women. Feels more like the norm they're like that and that not being like that is an exception, have only met a few who didn't behave in that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    While you can believe in stereotypes, there is a difference when it comes to giving an equal chance to people despite their "race".

IMO the racist word is used too much these days, and it has lost it's true meaning. Or atleast it has lost it's meaning to me. What it used to mean atleast to me, was the ideal thinking of "If you're black, you're.. umm.." Well shit, can't figure out anything that rhymes well. But you know, "if it's red, it's dead".
    It seems that everyone is a racist these days, no matter what you do. "I don't like the middle-east shit" bam, you're racist.
    Good old American history X is a good movie about racism, and everything what a racism is.

I avoid gypsies and I've had very bad experience from them. I also don't have good experiences confronting skinheads either. I don't go out and flash out my phone and wallet near the Somalian gangs in the railway station. List goes on and on with junkies and whatnot.
    I'm not a racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

It's more that their parents condoned that type of behaviour. They didn't do anything. Neither did the school. Their siblings were part of it, they were walking around in gangs. Sitting alone on the bus after school was out of question if you didn't want them to come, having to actively search out groups of swedish people just to be left alone is rather ridiculous.
    Sounds like there was a specific group of troublemakers that were victimizing you and whose parents didn't believe they were what they were accused of. People tend to think their children are angels.