Thread: The darkspear

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Actually Aztecs lived in advanced houses of Stone and thatch and were probably more impressive than any Roman build house of the time.
    This.

Most people that schools imply were 'barbarians living in the mud' nowadays, were actually about as advanced, or -moreso- than Europeans in many areas, aside from weaponry. (Since Europe, particularly Britain sits on an absolute ton of coal, iron, and other minerals -stacked- on top of each other), hell, a lot of Europeans actually wrote that the people they found in Africa and the Americas couldn't POSSIBLY have built the places that they found them living in, and that white people must've gone there in the past and done it :P

Now, my point is that just because trolls have a different aesthetic kit than the white protestant european vibe of the humans, doesn't make them inferior or worse in any way.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 10:55 AM ----------

Actually Aztecs lived in advanced houses of Stone and thatch and were probably more impressive than any Roman build house of the time.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 04:49 PM ----------

Currently I'd like to see all trolls unite behind the Darkspear under the horde, because, let's face it, they have about Equal numbers to the High Elves right now.
    Actually a blue post back in Vanilla said that there were 'far fewer' high elves than darkspear or even gnomes so I think they're actually doing pretty well.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    This.

Most people that schools imply were 'barbarians living in the mud' nowadays, were actually about as advanced, or -moreso- than Europeans in many areas, aside from weaponry. (Since Europe, particularly Britain sits on an absolute ton of coal, iron, and other minerals -stacked- on top of each other), hell, a lot of Europeans actually wrote that the people they found in Africa and the Americas couldn't POSSIBLY have built the places that they found them living in, and that white people must've gone there in the past and done it :P

Now, my point is that just because trolls have a different aesthetic kit than the white protestant european vibe of the humans, doesn't make them inferior or worse in any way.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 10:55 AM ----------

Actually a blue post back in Vanilla said that there were 'far fewer' high elves than darkspear or even gnomes so I think they're actually doing pretty well.
    That was in vanilla and I think that they took a pretty sizable dent in their population in wrath. Also they were deployed in Outland while the high elvs had pretty much been repopulating. They may still outnumber the high elvs but nothing like before.

Deleted
    Currently I'd like to see all trolls unite behind the Darkspear under the horde, because, let's face it, they have about Equal numbers to the High Elves right now.
    Maybe Vol'jin could abuse the Alliance to overthrow Zul/Rastakhan and assimilate all trolls into the Horde, would be pretty awesome. From one of most tiny tribes into a legion of trolls. Then he could retake Stranglethorn and rebuild the Gurubashi Empire. It would certainly bring the other trolls out of the hole they are stuck in right now.
    Last edited by mmoc940ec2e7b6; 2013-01-27 at 05:58 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathpath View Post
    That was in vanilla and I think that they took a pretty sizable dent in their population in wrath. Also they were deployed in Outland while the high elvs had pretty much been repopulating. They may still outnumber the high elvs but nothing like before.
    It's been 15 years since Silvermoon was raised by Arthas. 15 years, in a race that lives over 2500. For some reason, I doubt there's been much "repopulating", much less meaningful repopulation (since any children would still be that, children)
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

1. Uh, where were the Darkspear deployed en-masse in Wrath? THe High elves had a bigger deployment as part of the silver covenant for godssakes. The Darkspear had no towns of their own in wrath, they just had small, elite token forces mixed in with everyone else, but they didn't suffer a 'huge dent' anymore than any other race did.

2. The high elves have NOT been repopulating (They have no civilian towns!), they've been dying off like flies, or did you miss the attack in hinterlands and the tainted Lodge in EPL, PLUS the destruction of Theramoore?

3. Zabra'jin never took any heavy losses in TBC.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khuzard View Post
    Maybe Vol'jin could abuse the Alliance to overthrow Zul/Rastakhan and assimilate all trolls into the Horde, would be pretty awesome. From one of most tiny tribes into a legion of trolls. Then he could retake Stranglethorn and rebuild the Gurubashi Empire. It would certainly bring the other trolls out of the hole they are stuck in right now.
    I would love to see vol'jin unite other troll tribes to make the darkspear a force to be reckoned with and be able to play a forest troll or an ice troll or something.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 12:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    1. Uh, where were the Darkspear deployed en-masse in Wrath? THe High elves had a bigger deployment as part of the silver covenant for godssakes. The Darkspear had no towns of their own in wrath, they just had small, elite token forces mixed in with everyone else, but they didn't suffer a 'huge dent' anymore than any other race did.

2. The high elves have NOT been repopulating (They have no civilian towns!), they've been dying off like flies, or did you miss the attack in hinterlands and the tainted Lodge in EPL, PLUS the destruction of Theramoore?

3. Zabra'jin never took any heavy losses in TBC.
    I assumed that they took some loses through out both of those wars, although they didn't get deployed in masses, they didn't have a very high population in the first place so any losses could hurt a lot. I was wrong about the high elves and I should have done abit more research about them.
    Last edited by Deathpath; 2013-01-27 at 06:12 PM.

Deleted
    Thats pretty much a weird future, if Vol'jin reunites the Drakkari, Farakki, Amani and most other tribes scattered throughout Azeroth they would inhabit more people then the current Horde would.

Still we talk about whole civilizations that would be part of the Darkspear from now to tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    Thats pretty much a weird future, if Vol'jin reunites the Drakkari, Farakki, Amani and most other tribes scattered throughout Azeroth they would inhabit more people then the current Horde would.

Still we talk about whole civilizations that would be part of the Darkspear from now to tomorrow.
    He would probably just unite smaller tribes of trolls and make the darkspear bigger but not an empire. But who knows maybe one day.

The darkspear will get more development soon, Vol'jin gets his own book there is bound to be lore about them in there.

It has just been 15 years and the only children we have seen so far are all blood elven, not to mention the high elves continued to loose people,sure the blood elves lost people as well, but they should still vastly outnumber the high elves. Even some of Kael's former troops returned home.

Deleted
    Trolls have got a little bit of lore recently and I'm expecting them to get more towards the end of MoP, same with most other Horde races. Most of the Alliance races aren't too bad either at the moment. If I had to pick the ones who desperately needed more lore, I'd choose the Draenei, Worgen, Tauren and Goblins. The Goblins story didn't really progress after their starting area apart from some quests in Azshara, same with Worgen (except the only other worgen qs I can think of is few down in Blasted Lands). Tauren haven't had much since Cata with Magtha and stuff. Draenei lore hasn't progressed since Tbc. The most recent thing I can think of is that questline in Swamp of Sorrows with the broken/lost ones. But I can see how making the Draenei that relevent is kind of a hard job.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarintha View Post
    But I can see how making the Draenei that relevent is kind of a hard job.
    It's a lot easier than people think, really, it should have been a draenei town in blasted lands and felwood, not worgen.

Worgen should've been in hinterlands not draenei. :\

Really, you can stick the draenei anywhere there are legion forces and it'll fit just fine, I dunno why blizz hasn't.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarintha View Post
    Trolls have got a little bit of lore recently and I'm expecting them to get more towards the end of MoP, same with most other Horde races. Most of the Alliance races aren't too bad either at the moment. If I had to pick the ones who desperately needed more lore, I'd choose the Draenei, Worgen, Tauren and Goblins. The Goblins story didn't really progress after their starting area apart from some quests in Azshara, same with Worgen (except the only other worgen qs I can think of is few down in Blasted Lands). Tauren haven't had much since Cata with Magtha and stuff. Draenei lore hasn't progressed since Tbc. The most recent thing I can think of is that questline in Swamp of Sorrows with the broken/lost ones. But I can see how making the Draenei that relevent is kind of a hard job.
    I think that the goblins have gotten plenty of attention in mop. They pretty much are engineers and you can see them doing what they do best, fixing and controlling oil operations, lumber operations, and mining operations. But they could use more story I guess.