Deleted
    Went for a cup of tea in what I thought was a relatively safe zone, died. Lvl 25 for my first char.

I also agree that the loot system in groups is pretty terrible.

But not such a huge deal, there's still that small timer on loot. And I can understand why the devs. wanted it that way (to make looting in groups exhilarating/rage-inducing).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    It seems like PoE is getting DDoSed or something. Game and website aren't responding.
    I was about to ask if something like this was happening to someone else, since I can't log in either. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I also agree that the loot system in groups is pretty terrible.
    I don't mind the system as it is, if you're playing alone or with an irl friend/someone you trust/etc, if not, then I agree that is somewhat bad because people can just ninja everything it drops lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    I do agree with the group loot system being terrible. It was one of my main gripes with Borderlands 1. and when they didn't fix it for the second game, It just left a bad taste in my mouth and I never finished it. (Altough PoE's system is slightly better.)
    The game is based off the atmosphere of previous ARPG games such as the Diablo franchise, where quick looting was practiced (if you were playing in a group, and wanted an item, you'd have to be fast to get it). PoE still has this kind of atmosphere, but allows players a chance to get to the randomized loot assigned to them in a timely manner.

Diablo III's worst feature, imo, is the loot system where there is loot assigned to every player from every mob.

I will never finish Act 2 this way. I've done the first sidequest about 6 times now. The first 4 times I got DC'd before finding the WP at the second level. Now I'm after the WP and every time I get close, the servers blow up :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsz View Post
    The game is based off the atmosphere of previous ARPG games such as the Diablo franchise, where quick looting was practiced (if you were playing in a group, and wanted an item, you'd have to be fast to get it). PoE still has this kind of atmosphere, but allows players a chance to get to the randomized loot assigned to them in a timely manner.

Diablo III's worst feature, imo, is the loot system where there is loot assigned to every player from every mob.
    In my opinion that was one the things Diablo 3 did right.

Rain of arrows and poision arrow I like them more not leveled up ... much more spammy that way, more spammy more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    It seems like PoE is getting DDoSed or something. Game and website aren't responding.
    It's probably just the server load that does this. Happens in the evening when more and more ppl join. On that accord it's good that after crash they roll back a bit ... deaths that occur because of the crash should be mitigated by it.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsz View Post

Stealing things with sorceress in d2? Button mashing as melee on anything unique or green?

Heh, hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    During this downtime can we discuss builds? I want to know about builds that are very efficient at killing hordes of enemies. So far all I've found that was good for it was a 2h Marauder using a defensive build so that you can handle the damage and just ground slam everything. Kinda want to try a magic build though as a witch or templar.
    Dunno what is effective ... 2h weapons seem to do a lot of damage, so something along those lines can be good. I started with this physical damage ranger and that's just too weak dps wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I don't mind the system as it is, if you're playing alone or with an irl friend/someone you trust/etc, if not, then I agree that is somewhat bad because people can just ninja everything it drops lol.
    I'm guessing the argument for goes something like "It gives the option to play with randoms but promotes social connections with other players", something I'm not really opposed to, sure it can be a pain if you want to run pubbie groups over making in game friends but to be fair we have enough of that type of games already on the market.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im a level 30 templar and those damn caster skeletons in waterfall cave / ancient pyramid still hit hard! Geez

Quote Originally Posted by Path of Exile ‏@pathofexile
    The realm crashed as we hit a new record of 69850 players online. We're working on fixing the problem!
    Details
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I will never finish Act 2 this way. I've done the first sidequest about 6 times now. The first 4 times I got DC'd before finding the WP at the second level. Now I'm after the WP and every time I get close, the servers blow up :P
    LOL I went through the pyramid 4 times yesterday on my summoner due to disconnects.

Deleted
    All chars gone (I know they'll be back)

If you are missing characters just relog.

10+ Year Old Account
    11k queue. Not bad

Gotta love this newly added queue while they fix their server capacity. Makes me hate that this game has become so popular!

Edit;

Aaand I just tried to relog to see if it changed anything, I'm now queue'd at 27871
    Last edited by Shadowsz; 2013-01-27 at 07:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    [URL="https://twitter.com/pathofexile"]
    Oh wow. That's a lot of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    LOL I went through the pyramid 4 times yesterday on my summoner due to disconnects.
    I just run through the mobs/zones if I dc. Cba killing everything again.

Had to happen.. there game is going "viral" so to speak and a lot of people are downloading it to try it out. So the servers will be hammered for a while.

Deleted
    30352 People ahead in the queue O.o