Deleted

Ele shaman trinkets HC cosmos vs N Essence of Terror

Hi, can you help me with this problem?

Which trinket is better HC Light of Cosmos or N Essence of Terror fo elemental shaman. Bis.com says that N Essence > HC Cosmos.... But Mr.Robot says, that HC cosmos> N essence.

Thanks a lot

Sim it. but my bit would be N Essence..

rng actually wins, if you can have the LUCK, and it will be pure luck that cosmos is up for every ascendance...it makes essence look like a pile of crap (if you have troll berserking like me anyway) mines also 510 2/2 so 4k int during ascendance is crazy. personally i just hate haste proc trinkets because often its useless during bloodlust(or you wont get the full value due to gcd)

both are likely very very close and the rng of when the trinkets proc will be more important than which you choose because they are both very close on dps.

The extremely long CD on Essence and the fact that the haste proc GCD caps you when stacked with Heroism will generally hold it back. LotC has an unusually short CD for a its proc, which means you can almost always engineer stacking it with Ascendance. As always, you should sim it yourself in your gear, but I've yet to see a Sim of myself where N. EOT came out ahead.

To the previous post, if you are letting RNG decide if you stack your procs you are probably doing it wrong. Use a mod that lets you know when the ICD is up on your trinkets (I like NeedtoKnow) and use the activated ability AFTER the random ability procs so you can always stack it. Obviously this doesn't work if the time you use Ascendance is dictated by a certain narrow burn phase, but most fights give you some wiggle room on when you'd use them and even if your goal is to stack Asc with a late Heroism it is unlikely you won't find at least some portion of that time overlapping the trinket proc.
    Last edited by Moshne; 2013-01-27 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshne View Post
    To the previous post, if you are letting RNG decide if you stack your procs you are probably doing it wrong. Use a mod that lets you know when the ICD is up on your trinkets (I like NeedtoKnow) and use the activated ability AFTER the random ability procs so you can always stack it. Obviously this doesn't work if the time you use Ascendance is dictated by a certain narrow burn phase, but most fights give you some wiggle room on when you'd use them and even if your goal is to stack Asc with a late Heroism it is unlikely you won't find at least some portion of that time overlapping the trinket proc.
    it is rng because with only 1 dot sometimes LotC can take over 30 seconds to proc, if you delay ascendance that long it can often mean not getting another one in, or if its just procced before ascendance came off cooldown, its simply not worth holding back ascendance for over 1 minute. if we had multiple dots then you could predict the trinket proc better, but with only FS its a lot of rng.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    it is rng because with only 1 dot sometimes LotC can take over 30 seconds to proc, if you delay ascendance that long it can often mean not getting another one in, or if its just procced before ascendance came off cooldown, its simply not worth holding back ascendance for over 1 minute. if we had multiple dots then you could predict the trinket proc better, but with only FS its a lot of rng.
    Personally, I prefer EoT > LotC, but I do run with a bit less haste than a lot of Shamans; however, when I was using LotC, I never had to wait 30 seconds for the proc. Sometimes it'd be 5-10 seconds past the ICD, but the proc rate compared to my SPriest was almost identical.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshne View Post
    The extremely long CD on Essence and the fact that the haste proc GCD caps you when stacked with Heroism will generally hold it back. LotC has an unusually short CD for a its proc, which means you can almost always engineer stacking it with Ascendance. As always, you should sim it yourself in your gear, but I've yet to see a Sim of myself where N. EOT came out ahead.

Most of the time, you need to stack ascendance with Skull Banner. There are other classes with 3 minute CDs wanting to benefit from skull banner so they can't all just cater to you and wait for your internal CDS to perfectly line up. So yes, it is mostly RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Personally, I prefer EoT > LotC, but I do run with a bit less haste than a lot of Shamans; however, when I was using LotC, I never had to wait 30 seconds for the proc. Sometimes it'd be 5-10 seconds past the ICD, but the proc rate compared to my SPriest was almost identical.
    You must have really good rng or don't pay close enough attention to trinket cooldowns. Waiting for the proc to happen while you have all you other buffs up is painful.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Essence of terror is worth more if you don't get GCD capped. Gotta be carefull with lining things up with it and you may opt for a more mastery focus build if you're using it.

Usually takes 15+secs for LoTC to proc, so that can be annoying.
    They are VERY close to eachother though.

Deleted
    Last night we killed sha of fear for the first time and EoF dropped, but it was the first time I got LoTC from elegon too!!

Max DPS lists them very closely with LoTC a few 100 dps behind EoF

Just my personal opinion but I think I will stick with LoTC unless I get EoF for a stupidly cheap DKP bid as the uptime on LoTC is around 30% for me (tested it over 30 mins or so on a dummy, not enough I know but good enough for a rough idea!!) and ive reforged into mastery keeping my haste as to not go under 1s LvB during hero and ascendance (I hate wasting haste like that really, just personal preference)

The longer CD on EoF also means if it procs at a bad time its relative value is reduced as you waste a lot of the buff.

Just my 2p really, either way they are very close so much of a muchness really

Sepha

It really boils down to what you prefer and which trinket meshes the best with your personal playstyle. I stack Int and Mastery and shave off a lot of Haste, so EoT fits my personal build perfectly. Some Shamans prefer stacking Haste (and sticking with PE full time to simplify the rotation), so they'll probably find LotC better for them. I've simmed each of these scenarios for my gear and came up within 5% of each other's DPS, so I'm just sticking with what I'm using now as I'm having no problems pulling respectable DPS for my gear.