View Poll Results: can players use the pass loot option without anoying others?

Voters
83. This poll is closed
  • yes they can

19 22.89%
  • no they cant

60 72.29%
  • not sure

4 4.82%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    I've had i think 2 compitent LFR groups since mists release, and both had some sort of guild presence, i.e 5 of my guild, 5 of another, both progressed etc. The rest from solo queues i've got have been so without any tiny bit of common sense i wouldn't want to trust the community with it either. It's quite depressing really.
    I'm not sure how you define competent. If you mean a group where all 25 people know what they are doing, I haven't seen one yet. If you mean a group where a few stupid people blow themselves up, but the group as a whole is able to progress through the entire raid without a single wipe, I get those all the time. Yes sometimes you get stuck in a bad group that seems to want to wipe endlessly, and those do tend to stick in my head more, but really most runs I do are pretty smooth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    something like that would be nice and instead you get the bag of gold
    If you win something and decide to give it to another player, why should you get gold? You won something on your roll already and decided to give it away. You don't get anything else.

And passing just wouldn't work because it would still allow gaming of the system that Blizzard wanted to stop. LFR isn't meant as a place where you go with friends and trade gear between you to gear up super fast.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Ok so we get a pass option but the amount of gear that drops for each player obviously needs to stay the same (the current model takes into account that you might see items multiple times on each boss before you have gotten all the pieces from a particular raid = the average times set by blizzard that someone have to run a raidfinder to get all the drops)

So to avoid a flooding of gear to everyone they would then in response have to significantly lower the initial drop rate of all gear, that may mean you will go weeks without seeing even your first piece of gear on your main (if you have bad RNG) that is doing current content, but on the plus side your alts will get a large amount of loot at the end of the expansion.

So my question to you is this, would you trade getting worse drop chances now so your alts might get better later on from passed down loot?

15+ Year Old Account
    i did ds lfr alot and tbh i wasn't affected much by the loot system in ds lfr and i also didn't need on anything i didn't need or to trade and your last sentence is exactly why i didn't need on loot to trade i also didn't trade loot i did need.
    Then why are you advocating for trading now, when you didn't use it and see a need to trade?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I like the idea. People wont know who got what anyway.. So they wont know if you pass or not, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    as it goes now you arent rolling against anyone in lfr so they would have to change that first, the point here is mute

10+ Year Old Account
    There is absolutely no point in having a 'pass' option. None whatsoever.

Dragon Soul RF proved how idiotic people will behave over gear if they think there is even a small chance someone will give them an item. I cannot tell you how many whispers I got over stuff I won, how much begging, whining, grief, etc. The moment Raid Finder gives players a way - any way - to trade or 'pass' items to other people, that bullshit will come back. No thank you.

Leave Raid Finder loot the way it is. My only complaint is that IMO the satchel should be a little better than just 28g - but they're addressing that in 5.2.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I don't really see why it be such an issue. I mean getting the same loot 3 times and having to vender it helps no body.
    How do you decide who it goes to? Random roll? Why should a person get the chance to win two items just because you passed on your win? Does a person not get to win your item if they already did? What if someone that doesn't need it wins your item? Do they then get to pass? What happens if they don't pass then, would you get upset? How would you stop item buying/trading?

"/instance I'll pass for 10k gold or If you pass I'll give you 10k gold". You'll be back to the downside of the Cataclysm LFR system.

You roll and compete against yourself. If you don't need the item that is just the way it works. No one else should get to benefit from your luck in LFR because it creates way to much drama and complicates a system that is designed to be streamlined and personal because your groups are typical all randoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    as it goes now you arent rolling against anyone in lfr so they would have to change that first, the point here is mute
    I think the real problem behind this, is that people having bad luck on a particular boss never dropping the loot they need. I also think their are better ways to address this than passing. We don't need to add reasons for players to spam each other. If we want to fix the loot problem, really I think the reroll solution I posted earlier would be better. If you win loot you don't need, you can reroll for a chance at loot from a wider loot list(or just gold if you don't win anything).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    I think the real problem behind this, is that people having bad luck on a particular boss never dropping the loot they need. I also think their are better ways to address this than passing. We don't need to add reasons for players to spam each other. If we want to fix the loot problem, really I think the reroll solution I posted earlier would be better. If you win loot you don't need, you can reroll for a chance at loot from a wider loot list(or just gold if you don't win anything).
    But why should you get a second roll just because you don't need gear? Shouldn't every get the same chances at loot from the boss? Why do you deserve more chances?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymeat View Post
    I think a system would work where if you get a loot drop in LFR it should say 'you have won <itemname>, would you like to loot this item or pass on it?' - and if you pass on it another player will get asked the same thing. For example a spirit neck drops, and I win it, but I don't want it so I can then pass on it, when I do another eligible spirit wearer gets the option.
    Some people might do this. A good amount, I bet, would keep it just to sell or shard. They did it back in DS before the loot change when people could need/greed. Even people who had no use for an item would need on it just to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But why should you get a second roll just because you don't need gear? Shouldn't every get the same chances at loot from the boss? Why do you deserve more chances?
    Well, I think there are 2 issues. How fast people gear up is one, and only Blizz can decide whether or not they are happy with how it is now. The other is that if you only need loot from the first boss there is absolutely no reason to finish LFR, and there quickly becomes no reason to do certain wings. One of the biggest problems I have been seeing lately is long queue times. Seeing as how the only real catch up mechanism is going to be LFR, it would be nice if we could keep queue times down. The only way I can think of that is to make it so there is actually a reason for tanks and heals to stay in, or queue for LFR. But passing is not needed one way or the other.

I don't think you get that, each player has an individual chance to win loot. You don't know when someone is winning loot or not.

Hypothetically, every single person in the raid could win loot off of a boss.

That's why passing and trading items doesn't make sense. The boss isn't dropping 4 items, of which each person has a chance to win. Each person is rolling against RNG to win an item or not. The boss is dropping 25 items, but each person has a chance to win or lose those items, and each lost item simply goes into the nether.

- no notification of anyone winning drops
    - should you win a loot roll, you get a dialog stating what you won and whether you would keep it or pass it (you do not get a bag instead; all or nothing)
    - if passed, a random player that would find it useful would be chosen
    - if the player won a loot roll themselves, a new player is chosen
    - this new player is notified that they have received the item because someone passed on it
    - no names are ever displayed
    - the receiving player cannot pass the passed item
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

according tom to the front page of mmo-c blizzard don't not want to include a pass option in lfr as they don't want players will pester others into passing on a roll for a certain boss.

i thought the pass option would solve the problem of players getting loot from a certain boss where they don't need but another player did.

i honestly though something like that could work but when i saw the blue response it saddens me to see that the blues don't really trust the community when it comes to lfr to even a small degree

what do you guys think could players use this system without harassing others if it was implemented.

in all honestly i think people can. as for why i think that its coz the majority of people are sensible

please say if you think this can be done sensibly or not and inclued why
    having played the old LFR, i don't trust the community either

Deleted
    One thing I was disappointed not to see was a trade option. I'd rather give someone an item I don't need than vendor it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    There is absolutely no point in having a 'pass' option. None whatsoever.

Dragon Soul RF proved how idiotic people will behave over gear if they think there is even a small chance someone will give them an item. I cannot tell you how many whispers I got over stuff I won, how much begging, whining, grief, etc. The moment Raid Finder gives players a way - any way - to trade or 'pass' items to other people, that bullshit will come back. No thank you.

Leave Raid Finder loot the way it is. My only complaint is that IMO the satchel should be a little better than just 28g - but they're addressing that in 5.2.
    This right here. I liked the old system better because you could help out friends with gear by joining their runs, but I don't mind this one since it's actually made the general atmosphere in lfr a lot better due to having seemingly 1 common enemy: blizzard rng.
    Please don't go back to the constant whispering and begging left right and center.

i met one of my best wow buddies who i eventually started a good, well progressed guild with, because I gave him will of unbinding just because his trinkets were so bad and mine we're so-so. i think the trade option would be nice and they can just keep personal rolls invisible to curb begging and whatever. don't want people asking you for the stuff you won? dont post what you won in general. easy.

if it makes people want to queue up with 24 other players so they can buy up a bunch of loot and get a sick LFR ilvl super fast, so what? sure, blood legion will run LFR 500 times to get tier for all their raiders, but who cares? they'll beat all the bosses on the first week anyways.

im 505 ilvl and run LFR for valor cap. winning loot is more disappointing than a bag of gold because usually it vendors for less. why shouldn't i have the option to give some crappy piece of gear to someone who obviously needs it and is actually trying?
    Last edited by crunk; 2013-01-28 at 09:32 AM.

Deleted
    Thats not how the LFR system works, there is not a pool of drops that is randomly handed out to people anymore but everyone has thier own individual chance on getting a drop. (15-16% chance) This means that no one have to get anything from a kill or everyone gets something. There is no pool/limit.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Then why are you advocating for trading now, when you didn't use it and see a need to trade?
    this isnt trading since there's no guarantee that when tou pass on the roll that some1 else will win also im not going them a item all it is, is me passing a item i dont want and some1 else getting a BETTER chance and winning not a guaranteed item

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 02:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post

can settle for this or all items being worth atleast the value of the bag