Deleted

What is generally your opener in pvp?

As assas, how quickly do you get up snd/ruptures? Obviously it changes depending on class and situation, but you generally, how would you go about opening?

For assassination, i always just garrote > Snd > mut to 2-3 > Rupture > mut to 4-5cp's > envenom. Since envenom refreshes snd, you can keep doing mut to 4-5cp and keep refreshing rupture when needed. Envenom otherwise.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Premed>SnD>Garrote>Ambush>Rupture>Hemo>STx3/4>KS>Dance is my preferred opener against a geared opponent.

For Sin I would treat it just like I do PvE encounters:Garrote+Cheapshot>SnD>Mutx2>Rupture>Envenom and throwing in Dispatches whenever they are free.
    "Knock the world right off it's feet, and straight onto it's head."

http://http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Elargee/simple

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Premed > SnD > Rupture or Premed > SnD > Rupture+KS against some casters ala mage (this is w/o Subterfuge, but Shadow Focus), then play it from there. Generally save dance for when you know you can use most of its duration (aka when opponents either used trinket or can't break out of a KS / CS, or against a warrior around 35% so you can burst through Second Wind).

with Subterfuge talent as Sub:
    Premed > SnD > Cheap Shot > Garrote > Rupture > [Vanish] > Cheap Shot > Ambush > Kidney Shot

Deleted
    When dance is up:

Premed > SnD > Cheap Shot > Rupture > Dance > Spambush till 5cp > Evis > Garrote (if caster, else Spambush till 5cp and Kidney)

Deleted
    For all of the above, this is an assassination question.
    Yet I'd hit it with:
    CS > Muti > Rupture > Muti > SnD > Muti 2x > Envenom for full SnD.
    Just keep rupture up and envenom with over extending CP.

Step 1: Go Subtlety.

Premed -> SnD -> Cheap Shot -> Rupture with 2 CPs for sanguinary -> sdance, sblades, onuse trinket -> ambush once or twice -> kidney -> lolololambush spam HUGE EVISCERATE

People die in that opener.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grawlix View Post
    Step 1: Go Subtlety.

Premed -> SnD -> Cheap Shot -> Rupture with 2 CPs for sanguinary -> sdance, sblades, onuse trinket -> ambush once or twice -> kidney -> lolololambush spam HUGE EVISCERATE

People die in that opener.
    This infers you are in a BG, with undergeared opponents who are dumb enough to not trinket a kidney/have it on CD.

Edit- OP, are you talking about in a BG or Arena type setting? Bit of a difference between the two.
    Last edited by Saegno; 2013-01-28 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    with Subterfuge talent as Sub:
    Premed > SnD > Cheap Shot > Garrote > Rupture > [Vanish] > Cheap Shot > Ambush > Kidney Shot
    Why would you waste Vanish and put your stun on DR that much? Your KS would be like 3 seconds. You'd be better off using Ambush in it's place. Let's not forget having to put up the Hemo bleed after Rupture. More damage is more damage and you save energy for your Dance. I always open up with Garrote instead of CS unless it is a Warrior/Rogue. Even then I would rather apply FW with Garrote and burst them down in a 6 second KS. And good Rogues will notice you didn't put a bleed up if you open with CS and trinket+vanish away and open on you in stead.
    "Knock the world right off it's feet, and straight onto it's head."

http://http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Elargee/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    This infers you are in a BG, with undergeared opponents who are dumb enough to not trinket a kidney/have it on CD.

Edit- OP, are you talking about in a BG or Arena type setting? Bit of a difference between the two.
    Sure, if they actually die, it might be in a BG. However, that's more because of lack of heals than lack of gear. Gear doesn't make that big of a difference; unless they're full malevolent with resil gems, they're going to die (or be close) without a healer.

Plus, I don't see how it's hard to open like this on someone in arena when you've already forced their trinket. Just because you haven't tried this strategy or it doesn't work for you doesn't mean you can discredit it by saying it infers I'm fighting under-geared opponents in a battleground. I am a Gladiator rogue, trust me, I have experience.

I usually just open with Garrote, use mutilate twice, Kidney shot, mutilate a few more times, envenom, repeat.

I'll use S&D after garrote on healers, but that's about it. I just try to burst.