Thread: [Holy] SS or EF

10+ Year Old Account

[Holy] SS or EF

Hey I am working on Heroic Amber and I was curious would SS work for the parasite better or just stick with EF?

Quote Originally Posted by Dairyking101 View Post
    Hey I am working on Heroic Amber and I was curious would SS work for the parasite better or just stick with EF?
    How about using Hand of Purity, which unlike SS/EF won't kill your parasite target? (you want to use EF on this fight, also).

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    How about using Hand of Purity, which unlike SS/EF won't kill your parasite target? (you want to use EF on this fight, also).
    SS surely doesn't count as a heal for the purpose of the dot?

Deleted
    Sacred Shield, being an absorb that does no actual healing, does not affect the DoT on Amber.
    That said, the healing requirement can be a bitch (assuming you are 2 healing) and you get your other healer transformed. So I kept EF on this fight.
    Hand of Purity does wonders, all classes have some form of small damage reduction CD that can help too. We found the DoT a non issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishau View Post
    Sacred Shield, being an absorb that does no actual healing, does not affect the DoT on Amber.
    Hmm, I would have thought that the absorb would count as a heal as soon as the damage was actually absorbed (effective healing). Maybe I was wrong - which would be stupid, since absorb healers would be really good (*cough* Disc priests) at helping mitigate the damage early on.

Either way, EF + Hand of Purity. If you have 2-3 paladins you literally can just ignore the DoT.

[edit] Yes, I was wrong. Have your Disc throw up a PW:S (or SS if he can), purity him last 6 seconds, done, ignored. Once you have the purity up you can pretty much heal away and the guy shouldn't take much damage.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-01-28 at 09:33 AM.

Deleted
    Another reason that Disc Priests are so good at the moment =P

Deleted
    I see no point in speccing into SS for the parasite, just make sure you never use EF on people who have the debuff and yes use Hand of Purity on the last 6 sec of the debuff.

Its the application of a heal, so you could apply one EF vs one SS. See resto druids and rejuv.