Page 1 of 3
LastLast

(Spoilers) Could Y'shaarj's 7 heads NOT be what we think they are? (Spoilers)

Okay so, yeah, my 2nd thread for the day, more than usual.

/put on Tinfoil Hat

Anyways, I was in Study Hall today, bored, and went onto WoWpedia just doing some casual Old God reading trying to make some theories on Y'shaarj.

Well, then something kind of clicked into my head....

That's the image we obviously know is in the basement of Klaxxi'vess, a "mural" depicting something Old God esque, which a lot of people assume to be Y'shaarj.

To many who notice, hopefully, that face is obviously one of the Old God servants, like Soggoth who we took down in Darkshore, and was revealed to be the beast the Master's Glaive had slain.

And to many, since it is highly hinted and (basically, I think) confirmed the Sha Energy comes from Y'shaarj, I was thinking..

What if the 7 Heads aren't the "7 Sha", but in fact 7 Forgotten Ones (minions like Soggoth).

Now, hear me out, because this could mean two conclusions:

1. A combination of those special Forgotten Ones are the entity known as Y'shaarj. We know Y'shaarj is dead, but that may because the link between these Forgotten Ones is broken because all of them are dead.

Or

2. These 7 heads described are the 7 Forgotten Ones, and Y'shaarj (still retaining the "7" theme with him) is 7 of something else. Maybe 7 eyes, 7 limbs, 7 noses. You know the deal.

I teeter more towards the second because here's what it could mean..

If there are 7 of these Heads, these Forgotten Ones that served Y'shaarj, then maybe most of them are dead.

And, in fact, maybe one or two of them remain alive, or even most of them, BENEATH Pandaria. And if they're down there, they might be trying to reawaken their forgotten God.

I mean, you have to see something is off with the Sha. Out of no where they come to life, full force, by just the first clash of Horde and Alliance power at the Jade Forest? That's a bit suspicious.

It's like something has been waiting to strike at Pandaria, in the work of the Old Gods, or to bring back their Old God master.

And what this could mean, because it is well known that Y'shaarj is very, very dead, is that these 'Heads', the ones that remain, are weaving together the return of their master somewhere in Pandaria.

Now, here's the spoilers.

Ra'den AND Wrathion both state there is a dark evil beneath Pandaria. Wrathion also says the Mogu were given a task of destroying or guarding SOMETHING on Pandaria.

The Titans seem to have had a special interest in Pandaria, and I think Y'shaarj and whatever twisted mechanization he did to it might be it.

There's something under Pandaria. It might be Y'shaarj's body and these heads that I speculate about, or something entirely different.

Thoughts?

/removes Tin foil hat
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Well anything possible with wow lore but you do bring up some good points.

Deleted
    I personally don't believe that Y'shaarj is dead.

Deleted
    I wish we still had Dark Side because he would be all over the place with Y'shaarj :<

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeActionTess View Post
    I wish we still had Dark Side because he would be all over the place with Y'shaarj :<
    Me too. I miss Darkside

10+ Year Old Account
    the only thing that strikes me as odd about that is why the klaxxi and mantid in heart of fear would have murals of just his minions (and not all of them at once,) and not of the being himself.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, seven heads but only six 'breathes' so far - seems to me the obvious way to go is that a seventh one is still lurking about out there.

I do like the idea of Y'Shaarj being a plurality of creatures acting as one rather than a single monster with seven heads - that puts me in mind of the Ogdru Jahad from the Hellboy/BPRD series, a most excellent eldtrich abomination/s of the Lovecraft variety.

I'd say it's likely that Blizzard tapped the Ogdru Jahad to conceive both Y'Shaarj and Tathamet from the Diablo series, though the evil being born from their slain heads is their own spin.

Speaking of Tathamet, she was called the Prime Evil and gave rise to the seven evils, which Diablo eventually absorbed to become a new Prime Evil, with all the evil power Tathamet original held (or at least the potential to rise to that level of power). I figure it's possible that the Seventh Sha might have the same ability - if it awakens and devours the other six Sha, we could see a new incarnation of Y'Shaarj - a 'new' Old God that embodies all of Y'Shaarj's power.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would Blizz blatantly lie about the heads being Sha?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Well, when the titans killed Y'shaarj they saw that he was "bleeding" a malefic energy (The Sha) which feeds from negative feelings.

Also, this quote from the Puzzle box of Yogg-Saron "Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside." suggest that he only have one eye per head (If this quote really concern Y'Shaarj) or maybe that some of his heads havn't eyes, some have three etc ... that's not impossible.

I do not believe that Soggoth is one of Y'Shaarj's head, simply cause of his humanoïd appearance, also, the PNJ Thalya the Voidcaller call him "Herald of the Old Gods", which suggest that he's effectively not an old god but just a minion.

Also, this "Dark evil beneath" pandaria may simply be the sha, who easily feeds from negative feelings since the last pandaren emperor decided to contain all the negative feelings of Pandaria's people, which makes it easier for Sha to feed themselves.

I personally believe that the sha will merge, and that Y'Shaarj will reborn by using Garrosh as a catalyst.
    Or maybe the dark evil beneath pandaria are ... virmens

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    I personally don't believe that Y'shaarj is dead.
    well ok but Blizzard have said that he 100% is so that's a silly thing to believe

15+ Year Old Account
    This is one of my theories what could have happened. It has a few plot holes but I still like it.

So Y'shaar dies, the titans fall silent and the mogu get afflicted by the curse, unable to control their won emotions they begin to fight on another. Lei SHen takes control of the helm and and gains power and the mogu decided to follow him. The mogu end up creating a great empire and forcing other races to be their slaves and end up creating new flesh-But they go to far. They find Y'shaarj's body and try to either revive him or use him to create other flesh. They end up creating the sha and the same emotions that almost destroyed them in the past destoys there emepire and make the sha go into hiding. With this it is gives the Panda's to take over but Shaohao fails to protect the panda's(but create the mist) from these emotions so the panda's themselves have to train themselves to give compassion, patience and etc. to combat the sha and they go away. Then the horde and allaince find panda land and the sha reawake because of this.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    well ok but Blizzard have said that he 100% is so that's a silly thing to believe
    ah but also blizzard also says elemental shaman will be ok in pvp without lava flows in that blue post...........so yeh what do blizzard know really?

Answers about balance are always by nature less absolute than questions about Lore
    there are so many factors in PvP that it's hard to be sure what will happen, whereas they are in 100% direct control of the story

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Why would Blizz blatantly lie about the heads being Sha?
    They have NEVER said the heads represented the Sha.

They said Yshaarj's death made the Sha.

I believe Shaohao's attempts to control his emotions gave the Sha physical form, specifically those main 6 that we've come to killl.

I mean, you have to see something is off with the Sha. Out of no where they come to life, full force, by just the first clash of Horde and Alliance power at the Jade Forest? That's a bit suspicious.
    Not entirely true. The sha have always been a problem to deal with in Pandaria. They have never been as *powerful* as they are upon the Horde and Alliance landing and waging war.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Not entirely true. The sha have always been a problem to deal with in Pandaria. They have never been as *powerful* as they are upon the Horde and Alliance landing and waging war.
    Indeed, it seems the Sha truly lashed out when Horde and Alliance arrived.

I'm convinced though SOMETHING was waiting for this to happen. Something back for the Sha to be unleashed.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 05:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    the only thing that strikes me as odd about that is why the klaxxi and mantid in heart of fear would have murals of just his minions (and not all of them at once,) and not of the being himself.
    These minions and soldiers of Yshaarj could've been the heralds at the head of the Klaxxi or Mantid, and sects of them during Yshaarj's reign in Primordial Azeroth.

I found it extremely odd they have these murals, like you said not of Yshaarj but of minions, and that's what got me thinking.

Deleted
    Also that's pretty strange that we never heard about N'Zoth after Cataclysm, while he's responsible for Deathwing's madness... even though we'll probably have to fight N'Zoth on a emerald dream themed expansion, maybe he's "exploiting" the rest of his fellow in order to gain power and control on Azeroth.

But that's a pure hypothesis.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Indeed, it seems the Sha truly lashed out when Horde and Alliance arrived.

I'm convinced though SOMETHING was waiting for this to happen. Something back for the Sha to be unleashed..
    The unanswered question is when the Sha of Fear started taking control of the Mantid Queen. It coincides with the war's arrival but, it seems to have began before the Horde and Alliance landed. Perhaps the Sha of Fear is the strongest of them? IRL Fear is a primal emotion, one that stirs in even the simplest of creatures and a nearly instinctive level. Doubt, Anger, Hatred and Despair are all emotions at a higher level of function. That might have something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Also that's pretty strange that we never heard about N'Zoth after Cataclysm, while he's responsible for Deathwing's madness... even though we'll probably have to fight N'Zoth on a emerald dream themed expansion, maybe he's "exploiting" the rest of his fellow in order to gain power and control on Azeroth.

But that's a pure hypothesis.
    I'm 100% convinced, if 5.4 isn't going to be Siege, the climax of everything that has happened on Pandaria will be killing whatever is beneath it.

It could be N'zoth, it could be an ENTIRELY different Old God, it could be my theory, it could be Yshaarj's body, it could be Yshaarj still alive somehow, or it could be a combination of any of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    They have NEVER said the heads represented the Sha.

They said Yshaarj's death made the Sha.

I believe Shaohao's attempts to control his emotions gave the Sha physical form, specifically those main 6 that we've come to killl.
    So he conveniently made 7 Sha "breaths" and also has 7 heads, but the two are totally unrelated?

This is what happens when insane minds meet WoW lore.

Sorry, but no. The breaths represent the heads. Accept that and find some other piece of lore to try to massacre.