Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

5.2 Trolls Vs Orcs

A guildie brought this up with me last night and its a interesting discussion we had. Apparently 5.2 in throne 8 of the bosses are beasts or have beast mobs in them. And it never occurred to me to remember the troll racial 5% more damage to beasts, so bis ranged weapon barring trolls may end up being best race for hunter unless blizz decides to fix the mobs in the zone. Wonder how would that stack up to the master race of orcs. Im sure its too early to tell without knowing what the bis weapon will be. If it goes through I will probably try it out, not sure how it would feel and Ill most likely pull out. I just wanted to know other hunters thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    A guildie brought this up with me last night and its a interesting discussion we had. Apparently 5.2 in throne 8 of the bosses are beasts or have beast mobs in them. And it never occurred to me to remember the troll racial 5% more damage to beasts, so bis ranged weapon barring trolls may end up being best race for hunter unless blizz decides to fix the mobs in the zone. Wonder how would that stack up to the master race of orcs. Im sure its too early to tell without knowing what the bis weapon will be. If it goes through I will probably try it out, not sure how it would feel and Ill most likely pull out. I just wanted to know other hunters thoughts.
    That's interesting now that you've mentioned it.

If these 8 bosses are beasts, or spawn a lot of beast adds, then going troll might probably be a good idea. +5% flat out damage to all your sources (does it affect your pet?) sounds really good.

10+ Year Old Account
    You raise another good point. Is the 5% just from you or you AND your pet? curiouser and curiouser. I was looking at horridon. He is a triceratops(beast), the tribes that come out with basilisks and raptors from what I could see so alot of beasts everywhere. When I see the raid the only thing I can think of "LIVING IN THE LAAAND OF THE LOST!!!" old show

I'm probably just going to go troll since it appears that SV will be top on most fights. I simmed it and the dps difference was like 17 dps. 17 dps really wont have a huge impact on your dps and the 5% damage from beast slaying is much better than that. Haste also changes around quite a bit it could be a dps increase or a decrease. If more than half (8/13) of the bosses are beast I'm definitely going to go troll.

Edit: according to the wording "Damage dealt versus Beasts increased by 5%." It only applies to you I'm pretty sure.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-01-23 at 08:17 PM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I'm probably just going to go troll since it appears that SV will be top on most fights. I simmed it and the dps difference was like 17 dps. 17 dps really wont have a huge impact on your dps and the 5% damage from beast slaying is much better than that. Haste also changes around quite a bit it could be a dps increase or a decrease. If more than half (8/13) of the bosses are beast I'm definitely going to go troll.

Edit: according to the wording "Damage dealt versus Beasts increased by 5%." It only applies to you I'm pretty sure.
    SV being top on most fights? How come? Is the differnece between the two lessening that much?

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    SV being top on most fights? How come? Is the differnece between the two lessening that much?
    It already has lessened, and from my limited PTR testing, it appears that SV will be the best on most fights.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

I hope Blizzard nerfs Troll's beast racial or changes typing.

Being punished for not spending $25 is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    youre not being punished for anything its all in the name of min maxing. Do you feel you want to min max to that extent? do you have 25 dollars to spend on your hobby? do you even care that much? questions you need to ask yourself. Ive been a orc since ToGC. I might try troll Im on the fence about it, I hope it dosent change but its not that big of a deal. The sky isnt falling

youre not being punished for anything its all in the name of min maxing. Do you feel you want to min max to that extent? do you have 25 dollars to spend on your hobby? do you even care that much? questions you need to ask yourself. Ive been a orc since ToGC. I might try troll Im on the fence about it, I hope it dosent change but its not that big of a deal. The sky isnt falling
    Using your logic people aren't punished for showing up without gems and enchants, but a lot of them use both anyways. Funny, that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its all in how you look at it imo, Gem and enchants are obligatory you and I both know that, its common sense. But when it comes to min maxing through race if you feel you want to go to the extent to pay for a race change then thats how far you want to go to min max but min maxing through profs,gems, and enchants is nothing out of the ordinary. /shrug.

They'll probably nerf Beast Slaying from 5% to 2% or something, just like they did with Orc's racial Command (or what's the name) by nerfing it from 5% to 2% pet damage in 5.0.4!
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish racials weren't so damn important for those who like to compete. One can change specs and do well against others of the same class, but feeling the NEED to change races is just unfair. I like being dwarf right now, and I'd rather not spend money when I decide to get back into raiding to go panda/worgen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerato View Post
    I just wish racials weren't so damn important for those who like to compete. One can change specs and do well against others of the same class, but feeling the NEED to change races is just unfair. I like being dwarf right now, and I'd rather not spend money when I decide to get back into raiding to go panda/worgen.
    got to agree here... granted as horde Orc females look the best when shooting a bow and the proportions of their gear... however it is kinda shitty knowing that the best ally race is a bit over 1.5% behind an Orc as BM in terms of damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I'd be going Troll just for the 5% damage increase on a particular type of mob. Personally, that just seems kind of silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallinsinner View Post
    I don't think I'd be going Troll just for the 5% damage increase on a particular type of mob. Personally, that just seems kind of silly.
    5% is huge deal depending on the fight for HC progression.

Good thing I'm already a Troll Survival Hunter. Wooooo

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant forget trolls have gangsta bow animations. But I cant stand being barefoot and only having 2 toes

Cant forget trolls have gangsta bow animations. But I cant stand being barefoot and only having 2 toes
    EPIC We are Azeoroth Gangsters. Don't mess with us!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    It already has lessened, and from my limited PTR testing, it appears that SV will be the best on most fights.
    On my ptr testing survival still doesn't pull ahead of bm. mm seems still quite far away, needs more buffs!

Deleted
    And you wonder why like 9 out of 10 top guilds in the world are horde.