View Poll Results: Do you care about transmog?

Voters
469. This poll is closed
  • Yes

351 74.84%
  • No

49 10.45%
  • I like transmog but I don't farm for it.

69 14.71%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only transmogged my main. After finishing out my tank and dps sets I called it good and stopped farming. Perhaps if I ever level an alt I might start farming a new set for him/her.

I did grind out 2 rep plate sets in Outlands for me and a buddy so we could have matching sets, lol. that was time-consuming, but worth it!

Deleted
    I care!

I don't have a lot of sets, just one which I use on resto spec on my druid. (main spec and character) but I spent a lot of time farming for it. When I get bored with that look I'll just make a new one :P but I love it <3

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    snip
    Well what about before transmog was there? I think everyone was pretty much a grey mouse then - everyone looked exactly the same (be it different colours for heroic and normal). And now you can look more unique now regardless of what content you are doing. They still should add one thing: gear colouring
    That way everyone could just repaint their tier or non-tier set and voila...
    Esthetics... well it sucks if you have only a few of good looking sets that you could wear. (to your taste ofc) Thankfully I have a lot of sets that look good in my eyes. Only Tier 6 is special to me. But I must say, I have run a lot 5 mans to form a all black non tier set. And I had completed it too. But sadly this set was made before transmog, and I ended up sharding/vending it and a lot of the needed items were quests or dropped in the old scholomance etc.

Hi I'm Sam and I'm an trasmog addict.

I trasmog at least once a week. On all chars. Even low level ones.

My warrior collects weapons. She currently has 3 bags full of weapons, and 2 bags full of weapons+shields in her bank.

My priest has 3 set pieces (chest shoulders head) from every tier so far. Did I mention about 30 more pretty dresses? That's just in bags, and not to mention bank+void storage?
    I buy full looms so I can transmog them so my alts will look smashing all the way while leveling.

Most I've spent on a transmog item was 10k for gloves, 15k for boots. Yes, transmog, not upgrades.

You are not alone, my friend. You are not alone.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

Deleted
    i just xmogged my gear into pally t12, just because i had the whole set and it doesn't look half bad. I tried farming t2 and t6 but got bored pretty quickly. Unless ur in a RP guild/server i don't see how that would sway a person into choosing ur guild over other guilds. it's such a small factor that it's rock bottom or not at all on my 'list of things to look for in a guild'

Deleted
    I make My transmogging personal, i,m a mineworker so i make My char look like a miner

Deleted
    Doubt transmog affects guild recruitment, though it can be fun.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about Transmog. I have only ever used the feature once. It doesn't bother me how my characters look and I have no need to feel "unique".

I don't think the onus is on a GM to look "fabulous" either. As long as they do a good job of running the guild it wouldn't bother me how they were attired. It's only pixels afterall

Quote Originally Posted by Doktorek View Post
    i just xmogged my gear into pally t12, just because i had the whole set and it doesn't look half bad. I tried farming t2 and t6 but got bored pretty quickly. Unless ur in a RP guild/server i don't see how that would sway a person into choosing ur guild over other guilds. it's such a small factor that it's rock bottom or not at all on my 'list of things to look for in a guild'
    I don't think it is a deciding factor, but perhaps a contributing factor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted, and I care.

While my current suit is bland, that will change once I get the chance to farm some stuff up. I still have to come up with some pieces for my blood suit, but my frost suit is done.

Deleted
    Transmogging was a feature I had been begging for years to get added to WoW and was thrilled when they finally got it in. I don't think it's vain to want your character to look good, it was really frustrating when you either looked like a clown because of mismatched gear, or had an almost complete set except Boots or Belt or something.

If I was going to change anything, it would be allowing you to transmog weapons into any type of weapon you can equip (Almost there, but plate DPS characters still can't equip Polearms!) and perhaps removing the armor restriction on Head Pieces only, I don't think Warriors should be running around in robes, but there'd be nothing wrong with letting them use a Cloth Hat or a Leather Mask really, would there?

I don't think it'd have any affect on guild recruitment, unless your entire guild was trying to be an eyesore by wearing the stupidest sets possible on every character, then it might have a slight impact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Though, I must admit, mogging on too many charecters makes your wallet rather empty than what it normally it. One of my favorite mogs are still on my rogue.

Butler Jonial Charlesston
    there are no shoulders, which would make u look like u are not having any?

Deleted
    I think it is important, even though I don't particularly farm for anything, but the guild I've just gone back to makes a weekly raid to get old achievements and transmog gear, and its a good fun thing to do (even though I can't be bothered sometimes!).

I've used the feature a little bit, but people will always want to look good, whether it be their character in game, or going out on the town in the evening!

It gives a guild something nice to do together as well imo.

I've gone to great lengths to acquire tons of transmog gear for different characters. I care about it more than about "actual" gear. Stat gear is just stuff that comes and goes, things you replace frequently and just make your character perform. I don't care about it at all any more, it doesn't make me feel superior or "cool" if I'm wearing high end gear. Transmog sets on the other hand - that's something that lasts and what really makes my characters cool (besides the fact that I'm playing them).

I do Xmog, only to look silly. See my priest and my monk's armory for reference... >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    this is actually, for me, a great way to pass the time ingame, when im done with some daily, farming for morg is usual what i do i just love it !!

I voted yes.

For as long as I can remember I've cared about how my character looks (in any game), I think it's just part of the immersion, so when they announced transmog I got really into it. <3 the Icy-Veins guides.

However, I don't farm much anymore, mostly because the transmog options for monks are extremely limited.

Deleted
    Yes i play a enhancement shaman all raid dropped Mail agility stuff looks HORRIBLE so transmogging it away is a must or look like a clown.
    So im sporting shaman T1 ftw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else considering rolling a new class just to get a specific set?

I might roll a warrior for PvP only just so he can wear the Relentless/Wrathful Glad set from WOTLK.

(Relentless)

Quote Originally Posted by Dunker View Post
    Anyone else considering rolling a new class just to get a specific set?
    Yes! I'm currently leveling a warrior because I've always loved the Classic warrior armor sets... Tier 1 with the Elementium Reinforced Bulwark and Quel'serrar is still one of my all time favorite looks.