Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If Varian is the greatest warrior, I feel emberassed that my main is a warrior...

I've never encountered Broxigar so I won't comment on him.

I have seen Thrall, he injured Archimonde among other things so hes pretty bad ass. He also smacked up Garrosh in the duel in game, Garrosh had the upper hand but in the duel he stunned him when the undead arrived. Showing pretty much he could have beaten Garrosh at any time.

Varian, closest thing to that he did was kill onyxia I have been doing that for years! He has a lot of BS around him with the whole logosh thing never really bought into that tbh it almost made him too perfect a fighter. but w/e its canon so we have to accept it!

Garrosh, All I know is that this guys the same sniveling little dirt bag being all emo in outland. He just acts tough to hide the fact hes a weak little git.

One thing about Thrall and Varian, how similar are their stories. Varian lost his parents at a young age due to an assassination. Same as thralls parents were killed. Varian became the leader of his people like thrall. The main difference is that varian lost his partner, Aggras still alive and has given birth to thralls child or is due to give birth. Both characters were gladiators fighting in arenas for the opposing factions.

but you can see both of them have similar background to their beginnings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Thank you for proving my point by coming to your senses .

Your bias apart of course .
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Please post constructively.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2013-01-28 at 04:31 PM.

am the only one that thinks Magni or Muradin could have handed Varian his ass on a platter? While both royalty they were also both Mountain Kings...which are very very powerful dwarves. Not to mention they probaby are much stronger than him in physical strength, then add in superior dwarven made arms and armor and mountain king fighting styles....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    am the only one that thinks Magni or Muradin could have handed Varian his ass on a platter? While both royalty they were also both Mountain Kings...which are very very powerful dwarves. Not to mention they probaby are much stronger than him in physical strength, then add in superior dwarven made arms and armor and mountain king fighting styles....
    Yes, so much yes. Muradin would fuck his shit up.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I've never encountered Broxigar so I won't comment on him.

I have seen Thrall, he injured Archimonde among other things so hes pretty bad ass. He also smacked up Garrosh in the duel in game, Garrosh had the upper hand but in the duel he stunned him when the undead arrived. Showing pretty much he could have beaten Garrosh at any time.

Varian, closest thing to that he did was kill onyxia I have been doing that for years! He has a lot of BS around him with the whole logosh thing never really bought into that tbh it almost made him too perfect a fighter. but w/e its canon so we have to accept it!

Garrosh, All I know is that this guys the same sniveling little dirt bag being all emo in outland. He just acts tough to hide the fact hes a weak little git.

One thing about Thrall and Varian, how similar are their stories. Varian lost his parents at a young age due to an assassination. Same as thralls parents were killed. Varian became the leader of his people like thrall. The main difference is that varian lost his partner, Aggras still alive and has given birth to thralls child or is due to give birth. Both characters were gladiators fighting in arenas for the opposing factions.

but you can see both of them have similar background to their beginnings.
    Thrall NEVER did anything significant to Archimonde. You could hardly call that Thrall injured Archimonde. Arch didn't even think Thrall and his orcs worth his time. Only things he thought as a threat to the legion are Malfurion and NEs. "You orcs are weak and hardly worth the effort! I wonder why Mannoroth even bothered with you!" Archimonde

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently, it's probably Varian, although Garrosh is pretty close, if not equal. Varok in his prime could likely defeat both, but he's aging. Twilight of the Aspects showed that Thrall's melee skills are still top-notch, but he can't really be considered a warrior anymore. I haven't seen enough of Muradin or Genn to rank them.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Guess you never read Wolfheart or Tides of War?

Without the axe he was just another sadfaiz orc.
    Without Elune Tyrande is not as powerful. Without druid powers malfurion would be normal. Without shamanistic powers Thrall would just be a normal Orc warrior. What is your point exactly? Everyone's power in warcraft stems from some source. Warriors don't use magic so they have to throw them a bone somewhere. Not to mention he as to have the skill to wield the thing, it doesn't do the killing for him. If I handed you a sword could you do as much damage as a fully trained swordsmaster? The guy was a frontline veteran of three wars before the axe came along as well, that's damn impressive.

My best guess at rankings for living warriors would be Varian>Saurfang(age puts him beneath Varian)>Thrall(just referring to martial skills)>Garrosh=Baine. So yeah I'll agree he's the greatest living warrior on Azeroth.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Bunch of idiots!!

Woe unto those that would anger korfax!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Currently, it's probably Varian, although Garrosh is pretty close, if not equal. Varok in his prime could likely defeat both, but he's aging. Twilight of the Aspects showed that Thrall's melee skills are still top-notch, but he can't really be considered a warrior anymore. I haven't seen enough of Muradin or Genn to rank them.
    I personally think Garrosh isn't even close to as tough as Varian or Saurfang. He has little experience, nothing empowering him and as Cairne proved is easily exploitable and predictable in battle due to his uncontrollable emotions. He only recently switched to using a two hander from dual wielding all his life so there's that as well.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Deleted
    No he's not. I am. I killed a bunch of bad guys like Ragnaros, Kel'Thuzad, Yogg'Saron, C'thun, Onyxia, Nefarian, The Lich King, Deathwing and more. What did Varian ever do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    I personally think Garrosh isn't even close to as tough as Varian or Saurfang. He has little experience, nothing empowering him and as Cairne proved is easily exploitable and predictable in battle due to his uncontrollable emotions. He only recently switched to using a two hander from dual wielding all his life so there's that as well.
    Iirc, they were fairly even in their most recent fight in Tides of War. I don't think either gained an advantage before the fight was interrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Iirc, they were fairly even in their most recent fight in Tides of War. I don't think either gained an advantage before the fight was interrupted.
    Garrosh got hit, was breathing heavily and slowing down. Varian on the other hand was early-2000s Lance Armstrong. Garrosh was going to bite it if the battle went 30 seconds too long.

Varian and Garrosh are the designated opposites of the game at this point. You have to be pretty genre blind to think one is significantly weaker than the other, or that just anyone can stroll out of the woodwork and easily drop one of them either. Historically, the answer is Broxigar. If we're talking about a popularity contest, probably Varok Saurfang, though everybody has their favorites. Currently and strength-wise, it's a dead tie between Varian and Garrosh. Thus speaketh the plot.
    Last edited by Drilnos; 2013-01-28 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Varian and Garrosh are the designated opposites of the game at this point. You have to be pretty genre blind to think one is significantly weaker than the other, or that just anyone can stroll out of the woodwork and easily drop one of them either. Historically, the answer is Broxigar. If we're talking about a popularity contest, probably Varok Saurfang, though everybody has their favorites. Currently and strength-wise, it's a dead tie between Varian and Garrosh. Thus speaketh the plot.
    Agree with you, Varian and Garrosh are dead equals and are like ying and yang, or in diablos Imperius/Diablo, and Garroh doing what Diablo did in Diablo 3, which is trying to increase the gap using Sha. (Hint hint...shows how un creative Blizzard is)

10+ Year Old Account
    Sha Touched Garrosh and Varian - Currently

Saurfang - All-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Wouldn´t mind betting that we would see him in some form or another - alive that is - once we reach the twisting nether (not saying its in this version of wow ofc.). Just because he got trapped on the "wrong" side of the gate doesn´t automaticly mean he died
    Sargeras came personally to kill him.

On topic. I'm sure Varian is currently stronger than Garrosh. Garrosh may be strong, but he's still a kid compared to Varian. And Varian has Goldrinn on his side.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 12:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Snore View Post
    No he's not. I am. I killed a bunch of bad guys like Ragnaros, Kel'Thuzad, Yogg'Saron, C'thun, Onyxia, Nefarian, The Lich King, Deathwing and more. What did Varian ever do?
    What has Varian ever done? Probably anything alone. You can't do anything alone.
    Last edited by SherbertLand; 2013-01-28 at 06:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to know the source of all this arguments that say Varok Saurfang is the strongest of them all during his prime. I don't know much about his past but I hope people are not overestimating his powers because he is a meme, a very powerful meme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    2 - apparently, from wolfheart, lo'gosh's spirit gives varian infinite stamina, which means he never grows tired. he can sprint crossing kalimdor from west to east with easy. it doesn't appear to give him any other type of super power.
    Oh, is that all? Wouldn't want to give him too much of an advantage in battle.

Rage bar unlimited!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).