Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliq View Post
    [/B]

Would be awesome. It would have to be rewarding in some way though to make people do it beyond just revisiting.
    LFR ilvl gear drops?

There are far too many raids though for Blizz to have them all available at once though....they should do a "raid of the week" or "raid of the month" or something, a random old content raid scaled to LFR level that rewards a goody bag for completion with a chance to get a older raid content mount/LFR ilvl piece of gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliq View Post
    [/B]

Would be awesome. It would have to be rewarding in some way though to make people do it beyond just revisiting.
    Challenge modes for old content. With unique gearsets or unique pet. As long as it is optional.

Deleted
    Challenge mode for old dungeons.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have my fingers crossed for armor dyes. Or cross server guilds.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    B) Scaled down gear for old raids in some kind of LFG thing for old raids. So the old content will get some use and people who started after WOTLK can experience them again.
    But does Blizzard really want people to do old content?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    But does Blizzard really want people to do old content?
    Transmog says yes.

And imo the option to do that is there if Blizz flips a few variables in the challenge mode ilevel scaling formula.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    paragon level in WoW have fun :|
    It's called Path of the Titans and was scrapped from being introduced in Cataclysm most likely to add it later. Which means it could be it though I'd think they'll be adding it in a new expansion most likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    The ability to stop your character from being effected by things like Party Grenades, Piccolo of the Flaming Fire, Pigskins, and other stupid vanity crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

LFGu.

Tired of leveling a character and getting random guild invites but hate all the guilds on you're current server? Just queue up for LFGu. Soon you'll be placed into a random guild from a *random server. You won't have to worry about anyone taking anything out of the guild vault that you deposited, because you won't be able to access the guild vault. No longer will you feel forced to raid with your guild because they won't be able to invite you into any current tier raids. Tired of being kicked from guilds for no reason other than you're unsocial? Don't worry since a vote kick requires a majority vote by the time the 300th plus guild members have a chance to cast their vote the timer will have expired for votes. It's all the perks of being in a guild without any of the social nuances.

*LFGu users will never be sent to a server that is their home server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    LFGu.

Tired of leveling a character and getting random guild invites but hate all the guilds on you're current server? Just queue up for LFGu. Soon you'll be placed into a random guild from a *random server. You won't have to worry about anyone taking anything out of the guild vault that you deposited, because you won't be able to access the guild vault. No longer will you feel forced to raid with your guild because they won't be able to invite you into any current tier raids. Tired of being kicked from guilds for no reason other than you're unsocial? Don't worry since a vote kick requires a majority vote by the time the 300th plus guild members have a chance to cast their vote the timer will have expired for votes. It's all the perks of being in a guild without any of the social nuances.

Can't tell if joke or serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I like the idea of spontaneous world events like Rift. With Wrathion hinting at another Legion invasion with the meteor thing, I could see that happening in concurrence with SoO. Maybe have SoO out for a couple months and while we are knee deep in Garrosh blood, the invasion starts. Random Legion events all over Azeroth scaled to the zone they happen in. They could make it so the mobs health/drops scale to the amount of people who tag it and could make leveling a little more interesting as well. This could slowly ramp up and culminate in a single boss raid to bridge the gap to the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    I like the idea of spontaneous world events like Rift. With Wrathion hinting at another Legion invasion with the meteor thing, I could see that happening in concurrence with SoO. Maybe have SoO out for a couple months and while we are knee deep in Garrosh blood, the invasion starts. Random Legion events all over Azeroth scaled to the zone they happen in. They could make it so the mobs health/drops scale to the amount of people who tag it and could make leveling a little more interesting as well. This could slowly ramp up and culminate in a single boss raid to bridge the gap to the next expansion.
    Something like that could probably happen as the pre-expansion world event. A preview of sorts, like Theramore was a preview of scenarios.

It's obvious that it will be that all Pandaren will desert Alliance and Horde to form a 3rd faction called The Cute Patrol, so that Everybody not playing one can enjoy the fun of slaying panda after panda!

Rated P for pls bilzard

Quote Originally Posted by DeadnightWarrior View Post
    I see some people mentioned the downscaling of stats in order to do old content like it was when it was relevant. In my deep meditation in the shower I expanded upon that idea, and bear in mind this was just brainstorming:
    What if Blizzard downscaled stats so you could do old heroics?
    This could be implemented into LFD, giving you another way to cap valor.
    The way I see it you could queue for either MOP, cata, wotlk or BC heroics, where you could choose to do either specific ones or randoms, where randoms would give you VP.
    As for gear from these old heroics, I wouldn't really count on scaling the stats up on the older gear to make it useful, but blizzard could implement achievements, pets, mounts or what have you. Also, this gives you a way to cap VP with a wide variety of heroics to do, if you acctually don't need the gear from MOP heroics.

While I personally think something like this would be cool, I don't really think it'll be implemented. I'm also aware that I haven't quite fleshed out the idea, but maybe someone could expand on this idea?

EDIT: Could also add challenge modes for these
    Queue for LFD; Include all heroic Dungeons (via dropdown for randoms or checkbox for specifics). Queue pops with heroic Shadow Labrynth. You are partied with an actual level 70 character, three toons between 79-89, and yourself, being 90. Anybody over level 70 is brought to that level and their gear is set to equal 70 heroic blues.

The gear you receive from winning loot is still good for xmog. You can also get pets, mounts, etc from the bag.

Means everybody gets to enjoy all heroics from 70 up. They would just need to start setting up new heroics or shore up some regs for similar options.

15+ Year Old Account
    No one has mentioned some sort of alternative advancement system yet? People ate that up in EQ and they have it in Rift and used it in DAOC also.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    No one has mentioned some sort of alternative advancement system yet? People ate that up in EQ and they have it in Rift and used it in DAOC also.
    And people complain MoP is too grindy already. No. Just No. AA systems are horrible.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    LFGu.

I give you a + for effort and idea but a big fat - for the implementation. LFGu = "HI GUISE WHO AM I TROLLIN TODAY HAHAHA" for the very same reason LFD is more trolling than PuG from same realm: anonimity. By having people on the same realm, the anonimity is lower and the reputation gain is higher. Guild hoppers lose rep with guild (but not to 0 anymore).

DEs are cool, but WoW players are used to grindy content.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    For those of us who haven't played, or even read into, any of those games, what did they do?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    For those of us who haven't played, or even read into, any of those games, what did they do?
    Basically your exp you gain becomes useful again. You might have a new set of enhancement trees with different types of progression. One could have all your stats so you'd have dex, str, int, sta, wis, etc and each point would be +10 with them each capping at 5/5 points so 25 total.

Then another could be something like mount speed increase 1%, run speed 1%, swimming, etc.

You might make a point cost 10 million exp for example and eventually you could cap each tree. They would probably have to disable it in PVP and like Osmeric said these systems are definitely grindy depending on how you implent it. EQ2 takes it to the next level here. http://beetny.com/eq2aa/ I didn't know they even had AA.

I'm just reaching...because Blizzard said the new idea will be game changing.

Deleted
    That's oldschool RPG. You level up 1 level, where do you want to have stat gain?

This way you could even get something silly as a "tanking mage". We discussed it also in Megathread Elder Scrolls Online.