Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm reaching the point where I don't have a lot to do on my main. But that's a good thing for me. It gives me time to delve into the non-essential stuff like archaeology and pet battles. And alts. Gotta love the alts.

As someone said in another topic: You're seeking 24h of pleasure with this game. It's like an addiction and your brain doesn't see anything in WoW that could please you. You played so much this game and you're so addicted that you will always try to have that blast from the beginning. Time to leave drugs and go find something else to do.

What I do to have a happy moment inside WoW is chatting with guildmates, level alts and do unusual things.
    Last edited by XingoJenkins; 2013-01-28 at 05:30 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    reason why players now have more gear(bis gear , etc) compared to BC is because theres more discipline about raiding.. people read more, has more sources for encounters... if you want want to blizz to make everything harde im pretty sure you are not going to feel like a boss anymore for what i read you havent cleared everything, so making everything harder will directly make you had less gear...

They focused way too much on pretend "content" like pets and dailies and not enough on raids. If you're looking for WoW to stop being boring, give it up. It's all about subscription numbers, and sadly there are more fake gamers out there than real ones. They'll keep churning out terrible and easy mode "content" patches to keep raking in the easy money from casuals and bads.

I'm in the same boat. I've never liked the theme of this expansion at all. Everywhere I look in Pandaria its just ''panda's and Chinese stuff''.

I dislike dailys, and it sucks that we're kinda forced to do them for better gear (for someone who doesn't want to raid normal and heroic raids). I really liked the new quest chain in 5.1 but it sucks that its gated behind... guess what... dailys.

Lately I've done a lot of pet batteling, it was great fun and I've finally managed to get 3 pets to level 25 and beat all the trainers. After that was over, I had nothing else to do but to go back to my alts.

Got nothing to do on main anymore, besides raid (doing heroics atm and having a fuck ton of fun) and a couple cooking dailies, maybe go for some transmorg run once in a while. I do some PvP every now and then, but just for fun, have all the gears I need.

My "alt" is pretty geared too and doing alt raids with the guild once or twice a week. Having fun there.

Two other alts, which I don't play alot. Some heroics here and there.

Lvling a few other characters very slowly and enjoying the old new content (I never played in Cata).

Overall MoP is pretty fun, ofc, I don't log in everyday. WoW gets boring if you let it get boring. Everything gets boring if you start to abuse it. The game is also very old, farming/raiding/pvp/etc, everything get old after a while, not just in WoW.

If you are bored, maybe it's time to quit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Huh, what?
    Raiders have always been a minority of the playerbase, yet got all then attention.
    You do not have the authority to decide what a "real gamer" is.
    Yeah, it's kind of sad at this point that real players are the minority. If only the game hadn't been a subscription based game and given patches as purchasable content, we might have a decent game to play right now. Unfortunately, the designers and developers have to meet management's subscription demands at the expense of the game.

Just read your point about hc gear. How come the game becomes boring if other people have hc gear? My server is constantly high and it has about 5k less characters then other high servers as shown on wowprogress. People DO care if you have hc gear, it's just not everyone. It wasn't ever. I always met people who said "so what" regardless of whatever gear you had. Baseless thing to QQ about.

Dailies? I have 900 lesser charms on my main. I haven't done a single daily on it besides the cooking daily, as I said in my previous post. The last daily grind I did was weeks ago. The other character I have done daily on is, my main alt. Never touched them on other characters. Started doing Shieldwall recently, cause it's easy and gives good gear.

MoP isn't alt friendly and imo, IT'S A GOOD THING. Now we don't have gazillion unskilled players playing their 10 or 11 characters and putting those classes to shame cause they are so terrible at them and pissing everyone off in the process by their poor gameplay.

Valor capping is piss easy, we usually clear 2 of the 3 raids in a day and then I do lfr with guildies (makes it fun and easier, faster ques too!!). Takes me 2 days or 3 max to cap on main, then I cap on main "alt" and that's about it. Don't care about capping on other characters, cause I won't be playing them alot anytime any soon.

As I said previously, MoP isn't boring, your playstyle and need to gear every alt to the max is the problem. Change your mentality, play the game in moderation, and you're gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilde View Post
    Yeah, it's kind of sad at this point that real players are the minority.
    It's kind of sad you'd resort to that kind of ridiculous argument, actually. What makes those other players any less "real" than you?

If only the game hadn't been a subscription based game and given patches as purchasable content, we might have a decent game to play right now.
    Or, you might have discovered that with raiders having to shoulder the entire development cost of raid content, it would be priced so high that no one would be raiding.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Its a completely new game then what we had anytime before wotlk. The best part of my playing is over gearing old content and destroying it. MC which we used to spend nights upon nights in now takes all of 10min to do. Seven lvl 90s just to do LFR when I feel like it and solo the old stuff. That's my wow. Take from it what you want and leave the rest.

I'm sure some people play for pet battles and farmville now.
    Last edited by kennyisnotdead; 2013-01-28 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It's kind of sad you'd resort to that kind of ridiculous argument, actually. What makes those other players any less "real" than you?
    It's ironic that your avatar pretty much describes it. Welfare gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    You could farm.
    You could do pet battles.
    Challenge-mode dungeons are an option.
    Tame/kill all the rare spawns.
    Get all the mounts and pets!
    This list just made me really sad.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghado91 View Post
    I've been raiding in WoW since start of BC and comparing raiding back then to now, raiding just isn't as fun anymore. And yes, I do clear most heroic modes in T14, not just LFR. I'm not sure what it exactly is but comparing T14 to say T11 or any previous raid, T14 isn't that good.

I think MoP is also not alt friendly at all. It feels mandatory to valor cap alts, do dailies on alts, and do the entire legendary quest chain on alts which takes a lot of time. Who has the time to do all this? In previous expansions alts didn't take much time to manage. You leveled it to max level, maxed out professions and just geared it up and it was all good. It isn't like that anymore.
    You've played since TBC and you think the game isn't alt-friendly now? Are you crazy?

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was having fun until I maxed all the reputations and got the best gear I was accessible to. All I can do now is pug Normal Terrace and Heroic Heart of Fear but that's not going to happen.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

10+ Year Old Account
    I only log in 2 times a week, to do arenas or BGs for an hour or so. Spending most of my extra time on Rift.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilde View Post
    They focused way too much on pretend "content" like pets and dailies and not enough on raids. If you're looking for WoW to stop being boring, give it up. It's all about subscription numbers, and sadly there are more fake gamers out there than real ones. They'll keep churning out terrible and easy mode "content" patches to keep raking in the easy money from casuals and bads.
    I don't understand why the majority of the WoW population on the forums can't wrap their heads around the fact that content =/= raids. Call me a casual if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    I only log in 2 times a week, to do arenas or BGs for an hour or so. Spending most of my extra time on Rift.
    I subbed to Rift for the new expansion, but I was spending all my time in WoW, so I just cancelled the Rift sub.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I'm loving MoP. Personally, I think T14 has some great encounters. Also, my alts are having fun raiding too. Sorry I can't relate to the OP's issue.

However, I can see how people get bored of WoW. Happens every expansion. You burn out, and playing the game starts becoming less and less fun. MoP is probably the best expansion from that aspect since there are so many different ways to play the game now relative to previous expansions. Of course, if you don't want to do anything other than 1 single activity, you'll get bored regardless.

I think this expansion is awesome. Coming from someone who hated WoW at the end of Cata and refused to play MoP because it was the same old same old. I recently came back after a resurgence of friends and I'm loving it. Got my priest to 90, did some 2s, got killed by some Arms warriors now I'm leveling a Brewmaster Monk and I think they did a crazy good job with it. I think I might have a replacement for my bear druid haha.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

I found myself very bored the past 2 months... Up tell about 5 days ago, I've started doing MANY things in wow that I have not done in the past. And with that, I'm not bored anymore. SO many things to do, even things besides "hard" core raiding =D