Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Yeah, just like you can piss of anyone by screaming obscenities at your friend. Walk by a sinagage and scream to your friend 'your so cheap'. You could be Jewish, but will still piss people off. Not because of who you are or what you are, but because of the obscenities you scream. The reason you got in trouble is because you said something. If you said it and was black, it changes the context of what you said. In either regard, you are running away from personal responsobility involved in screaming obscenities and are focused on race.
    Well I guess we have to agree to disagree on this one. To me they were a bunch of intolerant hypocrites. It even would've made sense to me when they themselves found that word offensive or obscene. But they used it, too. But they clearly saw a difference between them using it and me using it. If I'd have been a 'pure black', they wouldn't even have bothered. But since my skin is a little bit lighter than theirs, EVEN THO one of my parents is clearly black and it's very possible that I grew up with those terms, too, they decided to confront me. Nevermind the N-Word being offensive or obscene to some ppl, that clearly wasn't the issue here.

Meh. I agree with a lot of your other contributions, tho, so no hard feelings

Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    I don't know how it is over in Germany but in America as black people coloring is very important. Some black people don't like darker skinned black people, while others don't like lighter skinned black people. My granddad was the darkest out of all of his father's( who was mixed) children and he was told he was too black to get an education and made to work in the fields. For the most part light skinned black have always been seen as better because they are closer to white but that does not just go for black people but brown people all over. Having white skin is seen as the peak of beauty.
    Good point there. My dad told me that, too. Since he's pretty dark, he actually was glad that I turned out.. brown. But well, I grew up under those conditions (not being considered black, especially not being considered white) and I learned to deal with it. As soon as the question comes up: Do you feel more black or white / German or American (both citizenships)? I usually answer 'both', which is true. Why should I settle with one of them when I can have both? And yep, that answer offended quite a few of my black friends as well as the white ones. Guess you can't please everybody.

I'm really glad that I grew as a mixed guy in a mixed environment. Color was NEVER a personal issue to me. I never cared and never will care. I DO care when people are biased fucktards and never bother to think a bit outside the box. Too inconvenient.
    Last edited by mmoc0504b90a53; 2013-01-28 at 05:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Why would you hate someone for being a religious believer? Doesn't matter what religion... So why Muslim?
    You may not be racist, but a great deal of intolerant. That's often rather worse. Intolerance causes at least as much harm as racism has.
    I hate by religion and stand proudly tall to it.
    I am white, I am German and English.
    I do not harm others or animals, what harm do I cause in my beliefs?

Racism is stupidity, thinking other races are "more prone to violence" is nothing but that, how can you be okay with being stupid? That's what I don't get about people such as yourself - you're just saying "well i'm an idiot and thats cool".

I'm not more wary of "other races", but I'm more wary when some people display behaviour that I can come to perceive as threatening. Sometimes, this comes from people of "a different race" than myself, but more often than not it's not. But yeah, if you keep believing it's only, or mostly "other races", sure, you will be a lot less likely to notice those of your "own race".

I honestly don't get people like you. Race has nothing to do with violent tendencies or anything else - background has. And it's your and your fault alone that certain minorities get pushed into backgrounds like that: yes, I'm saying racism is the fault for that, the reason those people generation after generation are less likely to get a good education, a proper job, and a good upbringing. I hope you're proud.

Deleted
    Only if your white.
    If you are asian or black it`s okay

White people can be racist but only in Europe & UK. Everywhere else they need to STFU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people are racists. Frankly that's OK with me so long as you dont use your predigests to discriminate and you dont deny what you are. Just admit it, recognize that its not socially aceptable and act accordingly. Anyone who starts a statement with "I'm not a racists, but..." and follows with a racists statement is despicable.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Docxz View Post
    This extremely flawed logic when you factor in that majority of the know serial killers are caucasian. Most rapes, extortions, embezzlement and high-end fraud is also dominated by middle age caucasians. So ALL races have people who behave in a violent or criminal manner it has nothing to do with "skin color". It's just more common hearing about terrorists and gang members(who are of the obvious races you're alluding to) then serial rapists and serial killers these days.. You have the WORST sweeping generalization i've ever heard.

If anybody wants to argue my post you link every NON-Caucasian serial killer, or serial rapist. Or better yet currupt ceo's, politicians, coaches you name em, I will list double the caucasians.

There is no excuse for racism there are great people of every race, gender, orientation and what have you so that whole one bad apple ruins the batch is BS.
    Your logic is flawed. The majority of serial killers are white, but most white people aren't serial killers. Also, very few people, whether white or not are in the position to commit extortion or high-end fraud. It just so happens that more white people happen to be in that position. And I never once claimed that there aren't great people of every race, gender, or orientation and I will gladly adjust accordingly. Some of my favorite people aren't white.

Here's a novel thought:
    Racism has nothing to do with race, and everything to do with tribe. Since it's easier for a lot of people to identify with other people that look like them, and human nature is one of fear, war and violence when it comes to other tribes, the tribal mind (or the ape brain, whichever you prefer) uses racial features as a banner for tribal superiority and tribal opposition.
    Many people who grew out of it are now using the 'OUR prophet was the final prophet'-approach to tribal mentality.

Personally, I am proud as well as disgusted for and by all peoples and heritages, though I must say I have some trouble with South America's great civilizations. They had great stonemasonry and brilliant carving art, which is something to be proud of.
    But I'm well aware that race didn't come into it. Rather: Environment and resources influence culture, and there's a few optional routes the culture can take from there... It boils down to rolling a die, really.
    It's most definitely not genetic.

exept these day you are racist for everythings

"love my country" YEAH RACIST BASTARD LULZ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by devilbesideyou View Post
    The below is a cut and paste from a very interesting article on reverse-racism, as I'm beginning to see some people claim that whites are being targetted yadda yadda yadda:

Replace the \\ with // to make the link work:

http:\\racism-education.tumblr.com/post/20468906876/why-reverse-racism-doesnt-exist

Why Reverse Racism Doesn’t Exist

Let’s start out simple with this post.

Haven’t we all heard it before?

-“I got bullied in school for being white. You can’t tell me that’s not racist!” No, this is called you being picked on by a mean child.

-“Someone called me cracker!” This is someone calling you by your privilege.

-“People can be racist against white people too.”

No, they cannot. There is an inherent logical fallacy in your argument that will never make it true. However, white people can be discrimated against. Discrimination is different from racism.

Let’s start from the beginning. Your first step is to accept that “a hatred or intolerance of another race” is not the definition of racism. The dictionary is wrong. Get over it.

Racism is when intolerance in government laws, attitudes and ideals of a society are ingrained in a culture to the point where patterns of discrimination towards a certain race are institutionalized as normal. If you keep this in mind, you’ll understand that reverse racism doesn’t- and can’t- exist.

There is another saying “Racism (or sexism) = prejudice + power. POC (people of color) can be prejudiced against white people. But they can never have power, i.e. a whole system of structured support that backs them. White people often don’t understand how much power they have. Just ONE white person has more power to do actual harm to a black person than one hundred black people do to that white person. A white person can KILL a black person without any consequences, while if the situation was reversed you can bet the killer wouldn’t see the outside of a prison cell for a long, long time.

When white people complain about reverse racism, they are not complaining about losing their RIGHTS. What they are complaining about is losing their PRIVILEGE.

White people can never call someone else racist against them because that ‘someone else’ does not have the power to OPPRESS them. The person has the power to be mean.To hurt feelings.But not to OPPRESS.

THAT is the key difference. When a POC is mean to you, they are JUST being mean to you. Their entire society is not ACTIVELY discriminating against and oppressing you. Their society is not one where it is difficult for them to not be racist against you.

But yours is. And you need to accept that.
    One of the more racist things I read on this thread so far. This type of belief does nothing but fuel the fire.

That is not racist but saying that Mexicans are more likely to be violent and steal is. What people are doing is looking at only one factor, race, and making a judgement based on that. In most cases it is just simply that poor people are more likely to be violent and steal, it has nothing to do with race.

No, but you seem dumb enough to believe that out of 100 white people only one will commit murder. But if we go by statics white people are more likely to commit mass murder so while the two black people may just kill a person each the one white person may kill 10.

And what is the problem with that? Is it a problem because you cannot call a black person that? The big difference is when a black person calls another black person that both of them are "niggas" when a white person calls a black person that only one person is a "nigga". I bet you would like a black person calling you "white boy" or "white bread" as a greeting.
    While I agree it's racist to say, "Mexicans are more likely to be violent and steal," you could say "If you're a Mexican living in (Crime City) you're more likely to have committed a violent crime or stolen something" - backed up of course by statistical data. This is not racist. It's taking specifics and applying them to a whole body of people that enables racism to rears it's ugly head.

Also, I do have friends in the ghettos around me. Black people do call my "Nigga" (I'm about as white as you get), and "white-bo," but less so. Like all words, Nigger/Nigga, can be used with the correct tone to express friendship, gratitude, etc...or hatred or racism. The only reason Nigga is still being used today is because of the structural racism that has existed in the US for so long.

I'm glad to see an improvement in my generation, a '90's kid, over my parents (baby boomers). Maybe my children will live in a world with a smaller racial divide.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember being called a cracker while walking around downtown by a fat black chick. I just remember laughing about it with friends. I just think it is best to not let these kind of things effect you. See internet trolls

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    I remember being called a cracker while walking around downtown by a fat black chick. I just remember laughing about it with friends. I just think it is best to not let these kind of things effect you. See internet trolls
    I'm reminded of what Doug Stanhope said...

If you’re offended by any word in any language, it’s probably because your parents were unfit to raise a child. They were too stupid, they should have been neutered, because all it is is a sound you can make with your mouth! It’s not a weakness that you have naturally. When you come out of that pink ugly hole onto this planet, you’re nothing but a gooey, shrinking, wrinkled ball of weakness. That’s all you are: you’re weak, you’re nothing but weak, and your parents look at that, and they think, ‘Not weak enough! We can make this thing even weaker by training it to react poorly to different sounds that you can make with your mouth.’ We’ll list them out, this is the worst thing, if anyone ever says this sound: [unintelligible gibberish], that’s the worst thing they can call you, so make sure to recoil and cry, and be hurt and devastated, and eat ice cream on a couch for days, and then write a song about it. You wouldn’t do that otherwise, you’d just be happy if your parents didn’t fuck it up. You’d just be a happier person. I could walk right up to you and go, ‘Hey, cunt!’ and you’d go, ‘No, I’m Rebecca! But I guess I have a face that looks like a lot of different people. What’s your name? Welcome to Salt Lake!’
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unless you hurt people then yes. But generally speaking no.

I did not say discrimination by POC (people of color) did not exist. Of course it does! But it is different as per the last paragraph in my post which you have failed to address.
    There are approximately 1.376 billion 'white' people in the world, approximately 20.25% of the world's population. When you talk about a People of Color you talk about 80% of the world population, not some helpless little minority. The problem with your agenda driven drivel is just that it means NOTHING.

Do you think the skiny kid cares that more fat kids get bullied? Both are bulling. Both cases are disgusting. Both are punishable. Do you think just because somewhere something happens more often it is ENFORCED by evil white males? If you think that you are beyound help.

I agree with what you said on the word "Negro". I would never use this word, ever. Even if I know the original word was just to describe something dark/black, the usage changed in history when it was used offensively by white people to oppress black people. Since then I believe black people have reclaimed this word and only they can freely use it among themselves. It is empowering for them to use it, they are "taking back what is theirs". No other person other than a black person should be using this word.
    The ottomans used to call the white europeans/christians in their empire râya and gyaur. No one here looks for pride or emporement in these disgusting words. If someone calls me that i will break his teeth regardless of his ethnicity. Also "taking back what is theirs" is one of the emptiest phrases i have ever heard, the word was latin in the first place.

Blame the White Power Movement for that, for the most part. The other part is you are damn right it is great to be white and I don't need you rubbing it in my face. Just look at this board and the image that a lot of people have of black people, violent, scary, murders, and etc. Are you telling me you would be proud to say you are black in the face of that? So we started things like Black History Month to show ourselves that we do have something to be proud of. That while we do not look like the standard of beauty we to are beautiful in our own way.

Every day white people numerous examples of how good it is to be white them everyday. The same is not true for non-whites and just because you may not notice it does not mean it is not happening. I mean really the only time it is good to be black is when it comes to sports or as a black male sex.
    You speak like you suffer from an infiriority complex. You ask for people to look pass stereotypes and negative media depiction, but you EMBRACE with both hands open possitive stereotypes about Sport and Sex? This is the very definition of hypocrisy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    One of the more racist things I read on this thread so far. This type of belief does nothing but fuel the fire.
    I wouldn't really pay it any mind.

Even retarded people get the same bill that I pay for every month.

But I am not surprised. Most people have had the fortune of living a luxurious life, even if they do not realize it.

It is officially sanctioned by the US government so long as it is against white people. The existence of affirmative action is proof is proof of this.

Deleted
    I love the fact we are a conscious being, means were capable of out thinking many of our more primitive traits. One of which is the fear of those different to us. It kept us alive when we were war`ing factions/familys/groups of apes. However with globalization and the world opening up in the way it has, is nothing but a thing of great beauty and responsibility.

Several hundred years this has spanned and yet, here we are today with so many prejudice`s. It really is quiet sad there are those of us who are still so backwards.

We all have a right to hate and to be upset by things, but to still have to use the race card, instead of the human one. Yeh its just sad and I pity anyone who thinks like that. Sorry.

Its no more absurd than hating someone based on hair color!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Psilar View Post
    While I agree it's racist to say, "Mexicans are more likely to be violent and steal," you could say "If you're a Mexican living in (Crime City) you're more likely to have committed a violent crime or stolen something" - backed up of course by statistical data. This is not racist. It's taking specifics and applying them to a whole body of people that enables racism to rears it's ugly head.
    I agree, there is nothing wrong with taking in specifics it just when they apply those specifics to a whole group is where the problems begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    You speak like you suffer from an infiriority complex. You ask for people to look pass stereotypes and negative media depiction, but you EMBRACE with both hands open possitive stereotypes about Sport and Sex? This is the very definition of hypocrisy.
    Dude where did you get that I have an inferiority complex? No where in my post have I "embrace with both bands" the stereotypes about sports and sex. I only said those were the only times when it is seen as good to be black not that I think those things are true or even good stereotypes to embrace. I could it be that you are bad at sports or not that well endowed which is why you have choose to wrongly assume I have an inferiority complex?

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    It is officially sanctioned by the US government so long as it is against white people. The existence of affirmative action is proof is proof of this.
    LOL, Really!?! Yes because the African American, Latino, Native American, Chinese and all others have had their foot on the white man since America was discovered. I mean I remember way back when a white person had to sit in back of the bus or have its own restroom. Oh wait?? 1968, huh? That's barely a generation (every 25 years) of having Jim Crow laws which made it hard to impossible to vote, and outright apartheid in southern states. Even people today such as when Condoleeza Rice spoke at Republican Convention mentioned segregated south and bombing of Birmingham church bombings.

If you really think that affirmitive action is just letting say any minority into a job or college you are very, very ignorant. If you think 25 years is enough for affirmitive action well that is your opinion but again when someone, like Condi Rice who just 5 years ago was Secretary of State knows what it is like to live in a segregated times then that doesn't seem too far away for me.