Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ramshackle View Post
    As a side note, what's your reaction towards someone that would have an account on MMO-C ?
    Good luck finding someone's MMO-C profile.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    No, it isn't illegal at all and you've agreed to those terms by creating and maintaining an account.
    Once again nowhere in the Terms does it say FB can give my personal information to companies.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Well, you might be searching via e-mail address, in theory that'd be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    We do ask people, but often enough their applications are full of bullshit and their Resumé is riddled with lies. Very few people are open and honest, and if I asked you about your night-life experiences, you'd probably not answer them.
    Ofcourse I wouldn't, I'm a gamer and that has a negative connotation to most non-gamers straight up. I lost a job opportunity at second stage interview (for apprenticeship minimum wage) because I fell back on a game explanation to a question (asked for feedback, stated it was because they felt the example cited wasn't applicable i.e. shit).

I tell you that I enjoy playing football and going swimming with friends. My gamer life is never going to clash with you so why need I mention it.

@endus I was under the knowledge that you could not access such clips without reason - security measures for security means n all.

Ehhhh, might be easier than you'd think if they posted something personal in the Fun Stuff forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Once again nowhere in the Terms does it say FB can give my personal information to companies.
    It doesn't say they won't either. It's purposely ambiguous for a reason. They do however say they will share information with affiliates and for "internal services."
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Well that is illegal, so if I can have your company name I am going to file an injunction against your company.
    You're planning on filling an injunction, take it up with Facebook, not our company.

Hyve, what is your reaction when there is no profile on FB or any of the likes, only one on a professional site such as Linked In?
    We don't really care. People seem to be blowing this well out of the water in a lot of the cases, we're not intersted in your flirting with another women, we just want to know about things that impact our company. If we don't find an account, we don't care at all. With LinkedIn, we tend to feel better about people with profiles there, as it is a business orientated site.

As a side note, what's your reaction towards someone that would have an account on MMO-C ?
    I've got one, don't I? My company monitors my account, and I wouldn't be surprised if in a few hours I get a phone call asking me about this thread. They know all my profiles, such as my World of Warcraft profiles and much more. I enacted the policy, so I like to lead by example, although we don't ask for the same from all members of our staff of course.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 07:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Ofcourse I wouldn't, I'm a gamer and that has a negative connotation to most non-gamers straight up.
    I prefer to interview gamers. I like talking to them about the genre of games they like to play, what games they're looking forward to. A lot of them get very confused when someone in a suit starts talking about Mogu'shan Vaults Heroic progression tips.

Well, you might be searching via e-mail address, in theory that'd be possible.
    You'd have to first isolate a person's email addresses, which barring spyware would prove difficult. Next you'd have to go to their providers to request information. If you happen to have any MMO-C emails, it could give it away otherwise probably not.

Of course, this also would have to assume your email provider has your name and address.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Ehhhh, might be easier than you'd think if they posted something personal in the Fun Stuff forums.
    Real names are being thrown out down there? I'm more scared than I was before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Googling my name comes up with exactly nothing about me.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    It doesn't say they won't either. It's purposely ambiguous for a reason. They do however say they will share information with affiliates and for "internal services."
    I don't recall exactly how we obtain the information, or how they allow the access to this information, but as an example, this information is readily available to Google (As an example company). If you start posting things on Google, that information is processed by Google with their systems, and then you'll have adverts targeted to you based on what you said on Facebook.

It is in its early stages, but it is live in some parts of the world.

I prefer to interview gamers. I like talking to them about the genre of games they like to play, what games they're looking forward to. A lot of them get very confused when someone in a suit starts talking about Mogu'shan Vaults Heroic progression tips.
    Ofcourse they would :P. After 2 bad experiences (/2) I'd personally only consider mentioning gaming interests to an interviewer if I felt like suiciding my placement for some unknowable reason.

I think we all know google are our overlords and while may not be particularly happy with it.. who thinks they could take on google?

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    We don't abuse this service. When we request information, we have to verify why we're after it, and it has to be confirmed by myself. If someone in our company started to request information for any reason that I don't approve, I could not only lose my job, but Facebook could sue me for misuse of their services.

Mine comes up with some college kid in Michigan. Apparently he's somewhat decent at the baseball.

Ditto, just some crawled 411 data that is about 7 years out of date lol.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Ofcourse they would :P. After 2 bad experiences (/2) I'd personally only consider mentioning gaming interests to an interviewer if I felt like suiciding my placement for some unknowable reason.
    Haha. Most places see gaming as a negative thing, and in many cases it is because people choose to play games over improving themselves, like educating themselves, working out or doing something more productive, but I enjoy playing games as part of my relaxation, after i've finished all my work and done my exercises.

However, I don't recommend every brining it up. It really isn't a good thing for many companies, but don't feel ashamed of it. I'm prepared to bet you the person interviewing you has played Farmville a few times!

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 07:31 PM ----------

Mine comes up with some college kid in Michigan. Apparently he's somewhat decent at the baseball.
    Sorry, we don't hire kids who are somewhat decent at Baseball, only those who are exceptional. You're not hired Rukentuts!

10+ Year Old Account
    @endus I was under the knowledge that you could not access such clips without reason - security measures for security means n all.
    That's why I included the "you left a bad tip" piece; the footage is the property of the restaurant owner, and he can do pretty much anything he wants with it. He can't sell it as a commercial product (who would want to buy "Restaurant Security Footage 5" anyway?), but that's because of specific laws about the use of someone's image without their consent in a commercial product, the same reason you see people with fuzzed out faces in some things. They're free to show it to anyone they want to, though, or use it for non-commercial uses.

You're confusing the fact that the police need a warrant to force the restaurant owner to cough up the tape with the idea that there's any protection of privacy for the people on it. There isn't. The only reason the cops need a warrant is because the tape is the restaurant owner's physical property. He could freely offer it to the cops if he wanted to, or to anyone else, including your boss.

My current boss doesn't really play games. My head of department before I replaced him knew I played WoW and tried his own panda.

@Endus fair enough. Still seems a little ridiculous for a random person to request a restaurant footage of someone they expected to be in the restaurant between X and Y in booth Z under the request of wanting to see a possible applicant...
    Last edited by Raiju; 2013-01-28 at 07:34 PM.

Wow my FB page can't even be found with my full name. But apparently Hyve's illegal company can get my full profile in 4 hours.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Sorry, we don't hire kids who are somewhat decent at Baseball, only those who are exceptional. You're not hired Rukentuts!
    Goddammit. I was really looking forward to moving to the UK and doing whatever it is you do; until you snare that photo of me of the swan in the fountain...

my fiance works for a cell phone company, as an employe of the company you get free service. BUT if you ever get investigated for any number of things; stealing, blackmailing, threatening other employes they can pull up everything you do on your phone and use it against you for firing you or legal action. Also posting negatively about the company or its policies on any public medium is grounds for immediate termination