Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).

We need to talk about glyph of illusions

I'm the kind of person that loves adding flavor to a class. I'm a roleplayer, and just love when a game lets you do fun little stuff to break the monotony of endless raiding and dailies. So imagine my joy when I found the glyph of illusion: a spell that allows you to transform into another humanoid. Just for fun of course. Stats remain the same, gear doesn't change value. Purely for cosmetic, roleplaying, and enjoyment purposes. However, apperently Blizzard isn't making it that easy....

As it stands the Illusion spell lasts for a short 2 minutes and has a ridiculously long cool down of 30 minuets. I feel obligated to ask, why is this? Illusion is an otherwise extremely fun minor glyph crippled by a short duration and long cool down. I feel that this spell could be made FAR more effective and fun if either the duration was increased to match the cool down or the cool down was shortened considerably. This glyph accomplishes nothing except to give you something small and fun with which to entertain yourself. As it stands, it doesn't even give you that. So you're stuck with a particularly useless glyph, even for a minor one. It makes the glyph seem like such a waste of space, and illusionists do not get enough love in this game. I mean, it's just a vanity glyph, why restrict it so harshly? It almost feels like blizzard just trolled us by giving us the idea of something awesome and restricting it in such a pointless manner.

I'm not asking that we can keep Illusion up all of the time, but a thirty minute cooldown on a two minute cosmetic effect makes me a sad panda. Anyone else agree with this? I'm thinking of actually submitting that as a suggestion in blizzard's suggestion box. I'm sure they dont pay attention to it, but I know that a lot of people agree with this idea and maybe if more people suggested it, Blizzard would take notice.

Same as Glyph of Disguise for rogues. We play to have fun... Restricting it makes no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously dont see a single reason for this extremely restrictive cooldown. It greatly dissapoints me and ai hope they fix this.

Yup, I mean. You can't mount with it, you can't use it in combat. For what reason is it in game ?

I'll just leave this here: http://www.wowhead.com/item=58489

It's the exact same thing, only it has existed for a whole expansion longer.

Mages get a free potion every 30 minutes. If they want to look like someone else during the other 28 minutes, they'll just have to pay up like the rest of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you dont think classes should have some fun, unique things they can do? Just for flavor? I could also argue that paladins should have to get real mounts "just like the rest of us", or that warlocks have to have red fire "just like the rest of us" (they get a quest for green fire in 5.2) I mean, what do you have to lose by letting us have this? One class wont be buying one minor glyph from inscriptors? Please. Every class should uave certain fun, interesting things that make them unique. I understand a cooldown, but this glyph is completely useless this way.

Blizzard has always put heavy restrictions on fun items. Any item that transforms you into something else either has a long cooldown, short duration, or has a limited number of charges.

It's always been this way and most likely always will be. Interestingly enoughk the master angler's trinket is about the only shapeshifting item I know of that has no cooldown and no duration.

One of my favorite items in MOP to play with is that sky mirror and it only lasts 10 minutes with a one hour cooldown. Very disappointing. Theres also the little bamboo stalks that turn you into a little panda for 10 minutes, but you can only carry one at a time and it breaks as soon as you take damage.

They have always massively restricted everything fun. Don't expect it to change.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Blizzard has always put heavy restrictions on fun items. Any item that transforms you into something else either has a long cooldown, short duration, or has a limited number of charges.

It's always been this way and most likely always will be. Interestingly enoughk the master angler's trinket is about the only shapeshifting item I know of that has no cooldown and no duration.

One of my favorite items in MOP to play with is that sky mirror and it only lasts 10 minutes with a one hour cooldown. Very disappointing. Theres also the little bamboo stalks that turn you into a little panda for 10 minutes, but you can only carry one at a time and it breaks as soon as you take damage.

They have always massively restricted everything fun. Don't expect it to change.
    Hook of the Master Anger trinket isn't cosmetic, though. It allows you to swim faster and breathe underwater. It actually has a useful purpose therefore it deserves no cd/unlimited duration. /boggle

Quote Originally Posted by Twan View Post
    I'll just leave this here:

It's the exact same thing, only it has existed for a whole expansion longer.

Mages get a free potion every 30 minutes. If they want to look like someone else during the other 28 minutes, they'll just have to pay up like the rest of us.

This kind of response is exactly what's wrong with this game's community. I shouldn't have even replied to that.

Quote Originally Posted by loppy88 View Post
    This kind of response is exactly what's wrong with this game's community. I shouldn't have even replied to that.
    I have to agree with Twan. It is a minor glyph after all and thus, it does minor things.

How is someone explaining how the op can have what he wants by spending a little gold something "wrong with this game's community"?!

Fun things. You can't use it in COMBAT, while MOUNTED and it lasts 2 MINUTES with a 30 MINUTES cooldown. Yup, minor. They should just rename Minor Glyphs into Stupid Glyphs.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 12:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    How is someone explaining how the op can have what he wants by spending a little gold something "wrong with this game's community"?!
    What he wants? Did he say he wanted an "I win" button? You make him/her sound like a spoiled brat? Limiting fun is something we humans do in real life. Why should we do so in games?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jhurley713 View Post
    I have to agree with Twan. It is a minor glyph after all and thus, it does minor things.
    Crittermorph is a minor glyph too, but you can spam it on everything in sight without restrictions.

What he wants? Did he say he wanted an "I win" button? You make him/her sound like a spoiled brat? Limiting fun is something we humans do in real life. Why should we do so in games?
    Who said anything about an "I win" botton??? The op asked for a way to have the affect of glyph of illusion during the glyph of illusion CD. He linked a pot that has the exact same affect, with a 3 second cooldown. The op can get his affect of glyph of illusion for a little gold.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post

wth i've never heard of the bamboo stalks or the sky mirror, what does it do and where do i get these items?

Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    Who said anything about an "I win" botton??? The op asked for a way to have the affect of glyph of illusion during the glyph of illusion CD. He linked a pot that has the exact same affect, with a 3 second cooldown. The op can get his affect of glyph of illusion for a little gold.
    Exactly! Why did we get such a crappy glyph then?

15+ Year Old Account
    Allow me to point you to the Paladin Glyph that autocasts Blessing of Kings when you mount your charger.

You want to talk about pointless glyphs, lets talk about pointless glyphs.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Pallys got the nice bubble + hearthstone combo glyph

Why does this glyph have a cooldown while the pot does not? Consumable, gold sink, profession, profit. Why did you get this glpyh instead of some other glyph with who knows what affect that you imagine you would have got instead? You didn't...
    Last edited by openair; 2013-01-29 at 12:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Allow me to point you to the Paladin Glyph that autocasts Blessing of Kings when you mount your charger.

You want to talk about pointless glyphs, lets talk about pointless glyphs.
    Yes, lets. Glyph of Arcane Language. Mages still win.