Thread: H Lei Shi Tips

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

H Lei Shi Tips

Looking for some general tips for Afflic or Demo on this fight. I'm part of the Scary Fog rotation and I'm typically the guy jumping on her for Get Away. I'm finding that KJ is doing nothing but hurting me for that since with the speed decrease of KJ combined with the increased pushback on Get Away he manages to push me out of range to keep Fog on him. So I dropped that. As of right now I'm running Demo and saving fury for specials incase it's a Get Away so I can be in meta for the entire duration and still be on her with Fog. Since I'm saving fury for longer periods than what I normally would I'm finding my overall dps dropping for the fight. Doing Fog with a Mage and Hunter if that helps.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...pes&boss=62983

This is what I would try:

1) Go Demo if you're stacking, don't take KjC.
    2) The specials are on a timer. If the special would happen during a protect phase, the timer is delayed until ~5 seconds after the protect phase is completed.

So, the takeaway:

1) Save Fury and CD's for after a special. Dump fury only on cooldowns and Get Away, and if you are fury capped. Don't deplete all your fury otherwise, because you want it for either cooldowns or for Get Away

2) Be mindful of Protect Phases, don't use cooldowns for it, because you'll try to build fury instead of dumping it (in anticipation for a Get Away! after) and you'll be wasting time/globals on CC's.

3) I put a personal portal for Get Away instead of using a gateway since 1) it gave me more freedom to move around the platform and stack the protect add, and 2) before 5.2 you'll have a double portal, so even if one portal is on CD from stacking the boss earlier on, you'll still have a portal if she does a Get Away

Disclaimer: On my warlock, though, I've only put in attempts (and didn't get the kill on him), so until I do this in our alt run, I'm not sure if these ideas are completely accurate.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-01-28 at 09:32 PM.

I'm currently running MF for Hide phases. Makes finding her so much easier. I'm thinking what I need to do is figure out how long our Get Aways last so I know how much fury I spend in that time frame. That way I can make sure I have that much going into a special and be ready for Get Away. What I'm going to try is a more typical meta rotation but at higher fury amounts.

Another thing I'm unsure on is trinket/talent choice. The attempts last night I was using H LotC and Supremacy. I do have access to Flashfrozen Resin Globule if GoService is better for this fight.

Go Demo if you are supposed to manage the fog.
    MF is the best talent choice for finding Lei Shi in Hide! As KJC will prevent you from reaching Lei Shi in the Get Away! phase, it is one of the best choices.

The important part is managing your demonic fury. Keep enough for managing a pushback phase but don't overstack. You will most likely not burst with cooldowns at the beginning, as it will destroy your fury management, if Get Away! is the first special. I found GoSup the better choice when playing this boss with 4pc T14 in my raidcomp. For trinkets I used DMC and Sha nhc, as I lak the LotC (in any form).

If it helps you, pictures can explain sometimes more than words do:
    #

I guess the most important part is, not to do everything by yourself. By this I mean, that I was supposed to CC 2-3 adds and manage the stacks of everyone in the tactic my guildlead suggested.

Edit: As you can see I jumped in for doing stacks, when they were really high, while the other 2 stacker dropped it off as I got high enough. (It was a healing issue.)
    Last edited by Killem; 2013-01-28 at 10:58 PM.

Is Demo that much better than Affliction for this?

Deleted
    Killem, Side note your Ui is nothing short of astounding, but for the love of god fix the focus frame ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Krunklock View Post
    Is Demo that much better than Affliction for this?
    I can't imagine to run against Get Away! with 2 stacks of KJC and appliying the fog debuff on the boss.
    So affliction would have to use other cooldowns (Hand of Freedom, druid roar as Burning Rush would endanger you even more) or not do this job while Get Away! is active. I could also imagine that spamming Fel Flame during that phase in order to place the fog would lead to a massive DPS loss.

So I would say Demo is better, if you are supposed to fulfill this specific role.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killem View Post
    I can't imagine to run against Get Away! with 2 stacks of KJC and appliying the fog debuff on the boss.
    So affliction would have to use other cooldowns (Hand of Freedom, druid roar as Burning Rush would endanger you even more) or not do this job while Get Away! is active. I could also imagine that spamming Fel Flame during that phase in order to place the fog would lead to a massive DPS loss.

So I would say Demo is better, if you are supposed to fulfill this specific role.
    I just got Lei Shi down running affliction the other night. Can't say this was a big issue. Starting in melee, with no movement CDs, I ended up at 2-3 stacks of fog; with any movement CD (BR, worgen boost, teleport, gateway, nitro boost - avoided this last one for leaks) it's an easy 0. Survival shouldn't be a big issue between healthstone, leech and sacrifice. Don't fel flame to avoid the fog... use survival CDs if you need to, but you can't spare the DPS unless your group lineup is wildly different from my experience. Low stack fog shouldn't hurt much against leech either.

What I think would end up ahead for Demo would be holding fury for GA and popping CDs for GA or, if they pop shortly after one, directly after a hide when you're still far from a protect. This should leave the space for MF to break Hide. Planning CDs during this was really a PITA, and I think my usage was far from ideal for afflic, but "good enough".

Regarding adds: Howl of Terror on the spawn is almost invaluable for the strat we used to immediately CC by quadrant, then pop manual CCs on everything we weren't killing. 1 GCD removed the danger of a healer getting gibbed. Can't speak to stack management, wasn't on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-pull use glyph of kilrogg to drop a portal where you want to be when a get away happens so instead of running in you can just port. You also can stay on top of the boss with Burning Rush + KJ Cunning and use a cooldown to drop the damage you take.

42k/sec Dot (at 10 stacks) + 50k per sec get away + 4% of your health per sec (which ignores damage reduction and absorbs btw) = no bueno.

Deleted
    Did it as affliction yesterday, yes with KJC, no problim.

Wasn't on fog duty, but had a gateway up for hose guys, teleport in middle.
    Get Away > Pop CDs, haunt, MG MG (at this point your are getting close to the edge) TELEPORT haunt MG MG MG MG Bubble breaks.
    If it doesn't break, then it' more your raid lacking damage / stacks.

MF for hide is a little retarded ... your raid should be more organised, using MF in this fight solely to get a larger RoF is ridiculous.

Damage done is not meter topping by any standards, but is very decent and gives the burst required during get away

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2733&e=3162

After more than a hundred wipes and a lot of tactics used, we tried this:

Heroic 10, 2 tanks, 3 healers, 3 stackers (spriest, hunter and me in Dark Apotheosis form)

spriest and hunter do the marks, after the first round of adds spriest drops his marks, and hunter drops his after next special.

I was outside all time until I had 15 marks or so, that was between first and second round of adds. During the killing of the second add you should be at 20 or almost there. After that all you have to do is jump in and out in order to refresh stacks and be ready for specials.

Forget about your dps, mine was like 60k and focus on your own survaibability (spelling??): Harvest Life, Mortal Coil, Soul link, GoSac Voidwalker and AV(we don't have problem finding the boss, so MF is not needed, and I hate having KC debuff when a Get Away comes, so a little extra dps from AV seemed Ok to me)

A Tank bring the add to nuke close to me, so I dont loose stacks, I think I could tank it on my own, but Warlock CC's were still needed, so my priority was one CC and then debuff the add with my marks.

Before, when we did our more conventional tactics, healers strugled really bad when someone had 13+ marks going oom prety fast. But when I was in DA form they say it was pretty easy to keep me. I had like 620k health (double beer stamina trinkets), and a lot of our own self healing or CD's are a % of max health.

When at melee, use your typical DA rotation.
    When at max range your rotation is like: Glyph of Wild Imps, Corruption always on, HoG on CD, Harvest life and, if you are really high on demonic fury cast Soul Fire with Molten Core procs.

I'm not a DA expert, and I'm sure I could have done it better, like using caster and metamorphosis before I got 14 stacks to do more dps instead of being in DA all combat, but it worked and I hope this will work for more people!

Between jump, personal portal, Demonic Gate and wolf sprint the in and out dance was quite easy. Always jump out at 15sec from a special otherwise just watch timers for your next refresh when you are around 15sec of your own debuff, jump out, refresh, and jump in, boss can stay several seconds without marks, but remember to speak in ventrilo if you are in or out, so your fellow dps don't use a damaging CD when you are out :-)

Hope this helps!

I've done this as Affliction with Scary Fog duty. I removed KJC and took Mannaroths Fury which will allows me to solo AoE a specific corner of the platform for Hide with Reign of Fire. I took the Blood Fear talent to allow for quicker CC's on the Protectors; Howl of Terror is also helpful for the later Protector phase. Gateway is also very helpful for Scary Fog folks to get in and out quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormlovick View Post
    ... me in Dark Apotheosis form) ...
    Am I missing a point? Surviving with 20 stacks active shouldn't be the problem, even without DA glyph. Our pallys flame and a few hots from our druid were quite enough to keep me alive (in addition to the glorious selfheal provided by the corruption glyph and soul leech talent). It were about 70k DPS incoming on me from the fog and in Get Away! about 100-110k.
    When you are in DA, you gain 15% magic reduce, so the 70k DPS would be reduce to something about 60k incoming on you, but the Get Away! phases will be longer, as this was the time I tried to burst in meta, but DA doesn't have that burst.

This reduce sounds very little to me, in order to what you have to give up.
    But I'm curious, would you please be so kind to provide a log of that kill, while doing this DA tactic?
    It would be interesting to compare some points, like healing taken, and damage taken by sources in the process of the fight.

Am I missing a point? Surviving with 20 stacks active shouldn't be the problem, even without DA glyph. Our pallys flame and a few hots from our druid were quite enough to keep me alive (in addition to the glorious selfheal provided by the corruption glyph and soul leech talent). It were about 70k DPS incoming on me from the fog and in Get Away! about 100-110k.
    When you are in DA, you gain 15% magic reduce, so the 70k DPS would be reduce to something about 60k incoming on you, but the Get Away! phases will be longer, as this was the time I tried to burst in meta, but DA doesn't have that burst.

But I'm curious, would you please be so kind to provide a log of that kill, while doing this DA tactic?
    It would be interesting to compare some points, like healing taken, and damage taken by sources in the process of the fight.
    All I know is that our healers struggled keeping everybody alive (specially me) when we tried without DA. Maybe your healers are more skilled than mine

I was the only one with marks from 75% to kill, the rest was focusing DPS. When you have 20 stacks everything dies so fast that you dont have to worry about your own dps

DA gives 15% magical reduction, that's quite a lot, and, as you said, we have amazing self healing abilities, and Twilight Ward reduces like 80K damage every 10 seconds.

It's like the 3 tanks tactic and you are that 3rd tank.

(I'm a newbie so I'll put the log you ask with a lot of blanks, apologies)
    http : // www . worldoflogs . com / reports / kedmh3ui4pqy5b6v / dashboard / ?s=2002&e=2379

All I know is that our healers struggled keeping everybody alive (specially me) when we tried without DA. Maybe your healers are more skilled than mine

I was the only one with marks from 75% to kill, the rest was focusing DPS. When you have 20 stacks everything dies so fast that you dont have to worry about your own dps

DA gives 15% magical reduction, that's quite a lot, and, as you said, we have amazing self healing abilities, and Twilight Ward reduces like 80K damage every 10 seconds.

It's like the 3 tanks tactic and you are that 3rd tank.

http : // www . worldoflogs . com / reports / kedmh3ui4pqy5b6v / dashboard / ?s=2002&e=2379

Deleted
    You don't need MF to spot her while hiding, just look arround for the white splashes annimations.

Howl of terror is king. 20 second fear duration, the whole protector phase shouldn't last longer than 10-15 seconds.
    Last edited by mmoc8b742e5a94; 2013-01-29 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormlovick View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...?s=2002&e=2379
    Thanks, but this log does confuse me a lot. I played without DA but took less damage from the fog in a longer fight, with both raids using a very similar stacking tactic.
    I compared healing taken and damage taken by fog.

Here are the logs reduced to damage taken by fog:
    Compare the height of the plots.

I don't have the patience right now to polish the other points (mostly self healing comparison of Fury Ward and Soul Leech), so can anyone explain, how the plot which should be more flattened is actually higher?

... with both raids using a very similar stacking tactic...
    I failed to mention earlier that our tactic was inspired by your video! it was very inspiring and we tried to do the same the day before the kill, with a couple of tweeks like being on boss before second round of adds when i already have like 15 stacks.

But it was a wipefest.

So next day I was like "I will not die whatever happens to the rest", I wanted to start with DA and drop it after some tries to do it your way when the rest of the raid was comfortable with the new tactic, but we killed it before! :-D

Yes, my dps was shit, but I no longer felt squishy, healers were no longer stressed healing me, and I felt comfortable doing all my duties for the first time in a long time.

Maybe it's just about feelings.

I like DA and I want it to be useful in a warlock's arsenal, so I am happy to share this with the comunity, so maybe more people try DA more. I'm thinking on trying it in heroic Garalon as frontal cone soacker. I saw a video on normal and maybe it's doable in heroic too :-)

I want to thank you again, Killem, for the video, as it helped a lot in our kill!

Reasons to not go Affliction:

- Your dots on Lei Shi will be wasted during hide/protect phases
    - You're forced to use KJC

Reasons to go Demo:

- You can use either AV if you're stacking or MF to make hide phases shorter
    - Since you're not using KJC you will blow all your shit during get away which helps the raid a lot
    - Slightly better mobility for stacking

Reasons to go Destro:

- Rain of Fire spam during hide

Reasons to not go Destro:

- Again forced into KJC

With that in mind I've had similar results with both Affli and Demo but it might have been a l2p issue :-)