Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Did the other request an anime thread get locked or something?
    I think it just got buried.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I think it just got buried.
    Yeah, it kind of did. I really think Anime needs its own section on MMO-C, in the Off-Topic forums, because there are a lot of threads that are anime-based, yet they easily get buried due to the sheer magnitude of other posts in this sub-forum (movies, music, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    Yeah, it kind of did. I really think Anime needs its own section on MMO-C, in the Off-Topic forums, because there are a lot of threads that are anime-based, yet they easily get buried due to the sheer magnitude of other posts in this sub-forum (movies, music, etc.).
    We have some pretty nice discussions in Anime Chat Thread in Fun Stuff about new shows this season, and other such things. It never really goes off topic from anime.

so how about that panty and stocking lol, show is ridiculous, much better in english tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    so how about that panty and stocking lol, show is ridiculous, much better in english tho
    thats not anime

Well looking for something new to watch. One of these days I really should set up a list but to dam lazy... Last few shows I've watched are Blackrock shooter and Guilty Crown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well looking for something new to watch. One of these days I really should set up a list but to dam lazy... Last few shows I've watched are Blackrock shooter and Guilty Crown.
    Below I am giving you a list of some of the best animes that have been released. They have deep plots, are on the somewhat darker side, generally intended for audiences 14+, and sometimes delve into philosophical topics.

If you liked Guilty Crown, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go watch Mirai Nikki (The Future Diaries). They are kind of similar...

Mirai Nikki is often regarded as a very solid anime, very well thought out and the animation/story is superb. After you watch Mirai Nikki I VERY HIGHLY recommend Ergo Proxy. Ergo Proxy is about a dystopian future in which citizens question the authoritarian "government"... more so their policies and view on life and what life really means. What does a Proxy mean? Etc. I cannot describe much more without spoiling the story, but it is definitely worth watching it. I rated Ergo Proxy at about 8.5/10, and Mirai Nikki at 9/10.

If you have not watched it yet, GO WATCH Steins;Gate!!!! It is often quoted as a masterpiece and it is my absolute #1 anime. The beginning episodes are a little slow, but the overall quality is indescribable. There is simply no match for what the show offers, it blows other animes out of the water. The animation is great, the story is unmatched, the characters are well rounded, and the plot-line is quite intelligent.

If you want a slice of life anime, definitely watch Welcome to the NHK. It is regarded as the gem of its genre. The characters are hyper-realistic, and deals with a person who is a NEET (not in education, employed, or training), and he attempts to forgo his ways of seclusion. I am not trying to spoil too much.

Otherwise, you can go watch Claymore. It is an interesting plot about a boy and a Claymore (a being that protects against demons that attack towns).

Go google some reviews that do not give spoilers about these specific animes. All of them are of exceptional quality and I guarantee you will enjoy them all. I will make a list below that I would recommend you watch in order (1 being first).

Watch these (* denotes high importance):

1) Steins;Gate*******
    2) Mirai Nikki
    3) Ergo Proxy
    4) Welcome to the NHK
    5) Claymore

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    thats not anime
    would love to know your basis for this statement lol

I agree with Klutzington, watch Steins; Gate gate if you haven't. It is a must watch in my opinion

15+ Year Old Account
    so i asked this the otehr day but still cant find it. anyone know if the light novel: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei (the irregular at magic high school) has an anime adaptation at all?

@Marclesos11 , Not atm but I think there was some talk about it been possible a few months back? Can't remember though, but currently there is no anime

10+ Year Old Account
    .mardock scramble
    .red garden
    .witchblade
    .saki(girls with no pantsu playing mahjong lil yuri)
    ..hack sign( still think its better than sword art online)
    .FLCL(fooly cooly)
    .Ga rei zero
    .Shiki(surprisingly good)
    .haibane renmei
    .Serial experiments lain
    .Hyouka
    .Hyakko
    .kara no kyoukai
    .mawaru penguindrum
    .occult academy
    .utawarerumono
    .blood-c
    .Rahxephon
    Last edited by Newbryn; 2013-01-28 at 11:44 AM.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    @Marclesos11 , Not atm but I think there was some talk about it been possible a few months back? Can't remember though, but currently there is no anime
    thanks. i just started reading it, and frankly im really enjoying it.

Just watch Dragon Ball Z. That's 277 episodes for you right there, of pure entertainment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    No, it's just that it's not stickied and I like this thread more.
    They told us they wouldn't sticky it back then heh.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 10:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by frigoffrick View Post
    Just watch Dragon Ball Z. That's 277 episodes for you right there, of pure entertainment.
    277? Isn't that the shrunk and censored US number?

Besides the original is better at least IMO.

Only gunna list ones I havent seen listed yet(and can remember atm):
    Wolf's Rain
    Intrigue in the Bakumatsu - Irohanihoheto
    Golo 13
    Infinite Stratos
    Princess Resurrection
    Tenjho Tenge
    The Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok
    Broken Blade
    Needless
    The World only God Knows
    Xam'd
    Hakuoki

Quote Originally Posted by frigoffrick View Post
    Or, you could watch good anime.

ive seen DBZ, and 4 episodes of goku powering up his attacks is good enough once lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    ive seen DBZ, and 4 episodes of goku powering up his attacks is good enough once lol

aww shit 4? i must have missed two episodes....