Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Angels in Azeroth: Ceiling Mural in Wyrmrest

I never noticed this till now but I just realized it once I saw this tonight. The winged women in this mural are all reaching toward the light on the ceiling of the bottom level of Wyrmrest temple.

BUT the Titans and Titan artifacts are all based on Norse Gods.

Also no species we've faced yet resembles Angelic figures (Winged humans)

If someone can post a picture of the ceiling on the bottom of Wyrmrest that would help the discussion. I'll figure out how to post an image from my computer later.
    edit:

So do you think that this is an clip art by a lazy artist or a hint of things to come in the universe of Wow?
    Last edited by Lastlivingsoul; 2013-01-29 at 07:31 AM.

Spirit healers look like angels.

Winged humans... you mean like the Val'kyr?

Angels? lol religion lololol no one takes that seriously
    Think for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside your window... sit up straighter, that's bad for your posture!
    They're all over Ulduar too, as well as Cherubs. I think they're representations of spirit healers, but I could be wrong.
    "Is it a crime to know the truth? Is it sin to reach for those things which you fear?" - Schwarzvald

Well maybe Val'kyrs and Spirit healers do fall under this.

Interesting note though, Val'kyr were once Vry'kul women BEFORE the Lich King met them and "employed them." In Sylvannas's mini story she has a conversation with several of the Val'kyrs sisters who convince her NOT to take her own life.

The Horde quest in Ashzara actually has a Blue Dragon comically interacting with a spirit healer. Meaning they may not just be a ressurection mechanic.

I'm just curious if anyone else might think that Vry'kul and Spirit Healers may be Titan related on some level. Maybe something we could see on a Heaven-like Titanic homeworld.

--->> Puts on Tin Foil Hat

In her story Sylvannas meets the lost 6 year old version of Arthas doomed to wander for eternity in a realm of eternal darkness. She also is warned that this dark realm is a REAL place that apparently is thirsty for souls like hers. When she dies from a bullet to the head the Vry'kul again pull her from this "Darkness" when she is killed.

The "Darkness" is constantly being felt by those with great power. Malfurion felt it from the Abyss at the bottom of the ocean. Ra-den knows what it is beneath Azeroth but "dares not speak its name."

My Theory: If the Val'kyr CAN save actual souls from the abyss at a greater cost than a simple rez. Were they designed by the Titans to keep souls out of the "darkness." A "Darkness/Hell" beneath Azeroth itself.

--> takes Tinfoil hat off
    Last edited by Lastlivingsoul; 2013-01-29 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    Makes you wonder what Nathrezim looked like before they became demons, no?

Deleted
    I asked this also .... a loooooong time ago
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ls-in-wow-lore
    there are 2 screenies inthere

Deleted
    Well, it's not lore related, just a wink to the Sixtine Chapel

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Well, it's not lore related, just a wink to the Sixtine Chapel
    That would be the Sixteen Chapel.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

SISTINE Chapel...

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    SISTINE Chapel...
    You mean the one that was frescoed by such vaunted Renaissance artists as Michelangelo de Turtle?

All joking aside, I'm surprised it took three posts to actually get the name correct. Sort of.

I knew if I used the "A" word it would pull people off topic.

Well I my theory about how how the the Darkness Sylvannas saw chibi-Arthas in, Malfurion sensed beneath the waves, and Ra'den speaks of may be related a to a Netherworld still has me wondering if this is what Blizzard is leaning toward.

And if it was Titan created how cool would it be if it was am underworld like Tartarus for the Titans. A prison that the Titans sent the worst of the Worst to suffer, even fallen Titans (Not necessarily Sargeras but I would'nt leave him out.

Maybe.... I'll post this in a separate post.
    Last edited by Lastlivingsoul; 2013-01-29 at 08:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    SISTINE Chapel...
    Called "Sixtine" in many languages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Called "Sixtine" in many languages.
    What... you cant mispronounce a name in a different language. its a name, its not a noun. John is John in every language cause that's his name. Its only called Sixtine/Sixteen/etc by people who think they know what they are talking about after mishearing it on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    I never noticed this till now but I just realized it once I saw this tonight. The winged women in this mural are all reaching toward the light on the ceiling of the bottom level of Wyrmrest temple.

BUT the Titans and Titan artifacts are all based on Norse Gods.

So do you think that this is an clip art by a lazy artist or a hint of things to come in the universe of Wow?
    No. The Northrend Titan team was based on Norse Mythology. And those were just Titan Watcher Constructs, NOT Titans themselves. The Titans themselves dont really have any one mythos background. As seen by the Norse / Egyptian / Chinese / whatever influence their underlings take depending on zone.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2013-01-29 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the9tail View Post
    What... you cant mispronounce a name in a different language. its a name, its not a noun. John is John in every language cause that's his name. Its only called Sixtine/Sixteen/etc by people who think they know what they are talking about after mishearing it on TV.
    What the what...

Different places have different names for the same things.

Sistine chapel is Sixtine chapel in other places.

Just like John is Juan in Mexico and Yahya in Saudi Arabia.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Umm.

Fairly sure Valkyries (or Valkyr) are what you speak of.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we get a Burning Legion expac after all, the naaru could turn up with all kinds of potential new races to join our cause... could be an angel race among them.

I'd want racial flying, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    No. The Northrend Titan team was based on Norse Mythology. And those were just Titan Watcher Constructs, NOT Titans themselves. The Titans themselves dont really have any one mythos background. As seen by the Norse / Egyptian / Chinese / whatever influence their underlings take depending on zone.
    Eygpttian Architecture in that zone was built by the Titan's creations not the Titan's themselves.
    The Chinese themes again are based around the Mogu again created by the Titans and remodeled the Titans design in their image. Ra-den looks like Thorim.

Also this is taken from Wowwiki http://www.wowwiki.com/Titan

There are two known races of titans (aesir and vanir). The Pantheon are the leaders of the titans and some of the universe’s most powerful entities. Their figure is humanoid but gigantic, with gleaming metallic skin and a perfection of form that makes the heart ache.[11]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%86sir

If you want to explain the Egyptian and Chinese themes after the Titans left their underlings decided to redecorate.