10+ Year Old Account

Raiding, starting from square one. Again.

So, for the most part, everyone in a successful raiding guild had to work for that spot. There are some exceptions, like when you are close friends or family with someone in a good guild, but I'd assume that the majority of high-end raiders weren't just handed a spot in a hardcore progression guild.

But, where does a good player without the good credentials start when it comes to climbing to the server top raiding guilds? I find myself in a position where I had a solid spot in a good guild, and then some situations arose where I couldn't play WoW for several months, and came back to not having a raid spot. Understandable, I wouldn't want anyone to hold back progression to catch me up on 2 raids worth of gear. But now that I'm back in full swing, I'd like to get a full time raiding spot again. Problem is, my guild is now booked and I can only fill the role of filler currently.

My options on a low-pop server are limited, it's either join a high end guild that's half way through heroics, or join a going nowhere normal guild that raids 1-2 nights a week and is still progressing on normal HoF. Quite the annoying situation to be in. I don't have the boss kills to get into the high-end guilds, but I also crave the semi-hardcore enviroment, so I don't wanna just join a 'poke around at our own pace' guild.

What would be the best thing to do in this situation? I'd like to be in a decent semi-hardcore raiding enviroment by 5.2 if possible.

It's the problem plaguing the game atm - smaller rosters, less overall population, more 10man guilds that lead at closer communities (10 man rosters are usually very strong in this sense and often you won't find a spot).

Imho if you don't have options on your server, your best bet is a transfer. It sucks, but if you want to have some serious raiding again, look for more active/populated realms. I was in the same situation - i needed to transfer because i wanted to stay in a 25man guild.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    It might help to actually clear the current tier on normal, just to show you're not a complete asshat?

I'd say keep 'trading up'. Obv, not real cool for the raid teams you'll be leaving behind, but you're mostly concerned about your own progression anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post
    It might help to actually clear the current tier on normal, just to show you're not a complete asshat?

I'd say keep 'trading up'. Obv, not real cool for the raid teams you'll be leaving behind, but you're mostly concerned about your own progression anyways.
    I've got the boss kills, just not the gear from farming them, and no heroic kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now is the best time to join a high end raiding guild. They're on farm waiting for the new patch to come out. If you can convince them you're worth the effort, they'll gear you up.

Rixark, I've sent you a PM via these forums Hope you're interested.