Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    I wish I could afford to buy games on release aswell : (

You guys think it's worth 40 euro? About how many hours of gameplay from start to finish?
    It's worth it, and once you beat it there is a different mode as well. And harder modes of course. And it took me about 12 hours of no lifing it. But for a more casual player at least 30+ hours. And that's just the story mode. There is also dlc for it.

I never liked the "walk into room 1 solve a puzzle, walk into room 2 kill some people, room 3 puzzle, room 4 fight..." Etc. It was weird to me.

game might be amazing, but story is full of bull, and Vergil is pretty nonexistant through the whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    game might be amazing, but story is full of bull, and Vergil is pretty nonexistant through the whole game.
    Vergil is there throughout nearly the entire thing. Did you have your eyes closed?

I've loved the DMC games since the first, and to begin with I hated the re-design of Dante as well. But honestly? You get used to it, and even like it. It works really well. The story is pretty solid too; I mean, it's entirely predictable, but then it's an action game. It doesn't need to be anything special. It does the job and it's enjoyable.

The combat and actual gameplay is far and away better than anything in prior DMC games too. The angel/devil modes are a stroke of genius.

Thoroughly recommend getting the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Vergil is there throughout nearly the entire thing. Did you have your eyes closed?
    what I meant is in comparison to DMC3 he's pretty non-existant, and "brotherly love" theme is not exposed, like, at all.
    Me no like.
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2013-01-29 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Vergil was "non-existent"? Have you even finished the game? He was one of the major characters and played a HUGE role in the game. Especially on mission 18 I believe where you are traversing through the last area (the offices). I really don't know what you expected, but they are even releasing a DLC soon where you play as Vergil. I have NO clue what you are talking about, but Vergil played a MAJOR role in the game.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 04:33 PM ----------

I've loved the DMC games since the first, and to begin with I hated the re-design of Dante as well. But honestly? You get used to it, and even like it. It works really well. The story is pretty solid too; I mean, it's entirely predictable, but then it's an action game. It doesn't need to be anything special. It does the job and it's enjoyable.

The combat and actual gameplay is far and away better than anything in prior DMC games too. The angel/devil modes are a stroke of genius.

Thoroughly recommend getting the game.
    I completely agree with you, what I noticed is that most of the complaints about the game are coming from people who either have not played, or did not finish DMC.
    \

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    I wish I could afford to buy games on release aswell : (

You guys think it's worth 40 euro? About how many hours of gameplay from start to finish?
    I got mine on pre-order from GMG for £22 (25 euro) or so I think (they regularly do 20-30% off codes and have good pre-order prices). Steam direct is the worst place to get pre-orders sometimes, shop around and you'll usually get a steam key cheaper elsewhere. I think I took around 12 hours from start to finish, for the story, but then you unlock the more challenging difficulties and start to try and get some high scores etc

Deleted
    This will always be Dante for me.

Since I really hated Dante's original looks, the moments where the game made fun of the old Dante were quite funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    I plan on picking it up when i can, just hope they fix the eyefinity camera issues first.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by axell View Post
    Since I really hated Dante's original looks, the moments where the game made fun of the old Dante were quite funny.
    I still don't understand why change his look like why? There was no reason for it

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    I still don't understand why change his look like why? There was no reason for it
    Simple. For the western market. It's easier to identify with the new Dante than with the older , more anime-ish one.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Simple. For the western market. It's easier to identify with the new Dante than with the older , more anime-ish one.
    Anime-ish... one? But... it doesn't even remotely look ''anime-ish''

( That is literally the first time I've heard of anime-ish word )

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Anime-ish... one? But... it doesn't even remotely look ''anime-ish''

( That is literally the first time I've heard of anime-ish word )
    OFC he does. Maybe the word is not the best , but he does look like most characters in japanese games look. Slightly long hair with weird color, weird facial features etc and slightly androgynous.
    http://images5.fanpop.com/image/phot...8-1024-768.jpg

OFC he does. Maybe the word is not the best , but he does look like most characters in japanese games look. Slightly long hair with weird color, weird facial features etc and slightly androgynous.
    And the new guy looks pretty much the same with different hair.

Deleted
    I'd take the old dante (anime look) over the new one anyday. He looks wasted and high

I'd rather have him look like he's straight from an anime then looking like some drugged out cardboard cutout. Also, if they wanted to "westernize" him, they would have done away with his coat. Super swordsman + long coat isn't exactly an american thing either. And when they try to actually make fun of the change, it's in bad taste and looks more like a jab at the fans rather then a joke (especially as the change is a reason a lot of people hate it in the first place)

All in all, though I wouldn't consider myself an expert on the DMC series or anything, the gameplay itself doesn't look too bad. Though it looks a bit dumbed down when it comes to getting high scores and S's, what is this Sonic Generations? The story and characters are nothing to be admired, which are awful and look like they were written by a thirteen year old whose literary range is Twilight and fanfiction. I've never liked Dante as a character anyway, he was god awful in the original games too, but it was a bit more tolerable.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duranox View Post
    I'd take the old dante (anime look) over the new one anyday. He looks wasted and high
    Isnt that from the early trailers they did before they changed his appearence. I think he looks much better here.

http://assets.ign.com/thumbs/2012/04/09/dmctrl.jpg

I love old dante, but i think they pretty much killed the series with 4 and it needed a reboot, the gameplay wasnt bad but the story was boring and Nero was a pointless character. I dont think id have liked it if they just made it the old dantes appearence with a new story, it would have felt like they were shitting on the original games even more, i prefer a new dante with a new back story.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    And when they try to actually make fun of the change, it's in bad taste and looks more like a jab at the fans rather then a joke (especially as the change is a reason a lot of people hate it in the first place)
    Which is why it's fucking hilarious.

Capcom does some stupid shit, but this bitch storm over changing Dante's hair has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen on the internet.

Are you serious?

Lack of hard lock-on, easily achievable SS, mobs not having anti-air attacks and just general lack of weaponry comparing to old Dante's styles is absolutely disgusting, and in no way better than prior DMC games.