If the next game continues the threat of the Thalmor then it needs to be Tamriel-wide and cannot be consigned to a single region simply due to the fact that the Thalmor's grand plan is based around the towers which are all around Tamriel. The largest ones are in Cyrodiil (White-Gold) and I believe in Morrowind (forget the name).

The game could very well be set in the Summerset Isles with usurper High Elves fending off the Thalmor reign but it would need to get outside the scope of the region quickly.

Honestly, I think ESVI and the next gen consoles will be able to handle far larger worlds and so Bethesda won't have that much of an issue including more regions. Hell, even now Skyrim has the unrendered basics for most of the Tamrielic lands.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Just found out something new after maybe 200 hours of playing. No idea how I missed it before but you can wear circlets and masks with hoods and some open face helmets :O

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Honestly, I think ESVI and the next gen consoles will be able to handle far larger worlds and so Bethesda won't have that much of an issue including more regions. Hell, even now Skyrim has the unrendered basics for most of the Tamrielic lands.
    If Bethesda could better optimize their games I'm sure they could pull it off on current gen consoles.

Deleted
    I don't want them to complete the story arc. I just want them to have a DLC that would rival Shivering Isles of the Dragonborn helping to oust the Thalmor from Skyrim.
    Yea, besides I'd want a new story and a surprise in TES 6. I mean would you have liked it if Skyrim was about tying up the loose ends from Oblivion? For example hunting down Mystic Dawn members and leaders or finding a new emperor and lighting the dragonfires.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Yea, besides I'd want a new story and a surprise in TES 6. I mean would you have liked it if Skyrim was about tying up the loose ends from Oblivion? For example hunting down Mystic Dawn members and leaders or finding a new emperor and lighting the dragonfires.
    Except Oblivion was the end of the same era as Morrowind. Dealing with the thalmor isn't tying up Skyrims loose ends, it's ending the 4th or 5th era or whatever were up to now.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    If Bethesda could better optimize their games I'm sure they could pull it off on current gen consoles.
    I'd say there isn't anyone in the industry that can optimize games better than Bethesda can. I think Skyrim is the only game of such a massive scale that's on consoles. And it's the only game that I can run on ultra on my PC which can't even run the first Witcher on medium settings.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 02:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Except Oblivion was the end of the same era as Morrowind. Dealing with the thalmor isn't tying up Skyrims loose ends, it's ending the 4th or 5th era or whatever were up to now.
    The Thalmor can't be dealt with conclusively though. The very foundation of ES lore is the fight between Man and Mer. That while Mer believe themselves to be divine, man considers himself to be a creation. Which is why Mer consider man lesser. And this whole war started with divine beings. Though I'm not sure they are the Aedra. Lorkhan and all that shbang.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    I'd say there isn't anyone in the industry that can optimize games better than Bethesda can. I think Skyrim is the only game of such a massive scale that's on consoles. And it's the only game that I can run on ultra on my PC which can't even run the first Witcher on medium settings.
    But they need more stuff with their 512mb shared memory

The Thalmor can't be dealt with conclusively though. The very foundation of ES lore is the fight between Man and Mer. That while Mer believe themselves to be divine, man considers himself to be a creation. Which is why Mer consider man lesser. And this whole war started with divine beings. Though I'm not sure they are the Aedra. Lorkhan and all that shbang.
    Actually the THALMOR can indeed be dealt with conclusively. The thalmor (and the aldmeri dominion) are not the entirety of Mer existence and are actually relative new comers to the secene. They are a political compact that gained popularity based on the lie that they solved the oblivion crisis. They can be ended.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-01-29 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Actually the THALMOR can indeed be dealt with conclusively. The thalmor (and the aldmeri dominion) are not the entirety of Mer existence and are actually relative new comers to the secene. They are a political compact that gained popularity based on the lie that they solved the oblivion crisis. They can be ended.
    The Thalmor are the embodiment of the resentment all Mer feel towards Man. Regardless of if the Thalmor are wiped out or not, the war between Man and Mer won't end so quickly. Not even if they had a chance to rip Lorkhan's heart from his chest over again. And the Thalmor are damn old. They're dated back to before the rise of the Septim line. They might be pushed back, but I don't think they'll ever be wiped out. They're likelier to rise back up than the Mythic Dawn.

We need more Aedra walking on Nirn...

I can't wait to go to High Rock to check out the Adamantite Tower in ESO. It's more significant even than the White Gold Tower. They could even follow up on the Elhnofey.

They need to add a true survivor from the Oblivion incident. 200 years is a long time but not long enough for some super long living being there to tell the whole story. And no, that somebody isn't Mai'iiq the Liar.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-01-29 at 08:11 AM.

Deleted
    Wow...
    Found an area in the East Trading Co warehouse in Solitude with a load of gold bars, gold coins, assorted other stuff and the master locked chest of loot whoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    How would switching SkyRe's combat module for Duel - Combat Realism work?
    Anyone? Please?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    Anyone? Please?
    Not sure what your question is. Uninstall Skyre according to description, then install Duel?

Are you a packrat?

You know what I want to do? I want to do a merchant run. I want to make a character who does nothing combat oriented but instead hires mercenaries to clear out dungeons and find loot with the sole purpose of making lots of money.

I'm gonna poke around the Nexus tomorrow for mods I think fit the theme, but if anyone knows of anything I'd love some suggestions. I'm thinking of stuff that adds more random crap worth selling, alters the economy so that merchants are tougher and the speechcraft skill is needed if you actually want to make money, and maybe something that makes followers require a regular wage... Or makes the followers look for loot themselves and I have to buy it from them.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what I want to do? I want to do a merchant run. I want to make a character who does nothing combat oriented but instead hires mercenaries to clear out dungeons and find loot with the sole purpose of making lots of money.

I'm gonna poke around the Nexus tomorrow for mods I think fit the theme, but if anyone knows of anything I'd love some suggestions. I'm thinking of stuff that adds more random crap worth selling, alters the economy so that merchants are tougher and the speechcraft skill is needed if you actually want to make money, and maybe something that makes followers require a regular wage... Or makes the followers look for loot themselves and I have to buy it from them.
    Economics of Skyrim is what I use - it has a regional values feature too, so Markath will have lots of cheap dwemer and jewelry items, while Whiterun will have plentiful game meat. Solitude and Windhelm will have little to no iron and steel because all of them are gone towards outfitting their army. Magic items (gems, scrolls, etc) are super expensive anywhere outside of Winterhold (5000g for a filled grand soul gem). Most vendors won't carry magic items at all because of Nords' distrust to magic. So if your character familiarize themselves with the regional values, you can be a travelling caravan or something.

There's another mod that is still in beta, Skyrim Medieval Economy, but it basically shrinks the value of gold so that 100g is a lot to have. You'd leave a dungeon run with maybe 100g. Might be up your alley if you don't like large gold numbers.

Ooooooo... Both of those sound good Fhi. Here's hoping they play well together.

Deleted

SkyRe makes stuff pretty expensive actually (90g/Iron Bar with Imperial start at 25% cheaper)
    Don't know if you'll do any thieving but Shenks Overhaul adds a load of valuable stuff to houses/farms/castles, and a load of other cool stuff (not been updated for a while, but works fine for me... except guards don't spawn in some vaults sometimes, still need the hard to find keys though )
    Easy Pocket Money makes Jugs and Bowls worth more than 5g (50-100g I think)
    There's also a player shops mod, not tried it so far, the npc's for buying the shop show up but not owned a house where I need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Not sure what your question is. Uninstall Skyre according to description, then install Duel?
    Keep everything from SkyRe except the combat module. Use Duel - Combat Realism instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    So does anyone play Skyrim for Xbox? Haha
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity..and I'm not sure about the the universe." -Albert Einstein

----------------CLICK SIGNATURE FOR ARMORY----------------

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookes View Post
    So does anyone play Skyrim for Xbox? Haha
    Yes

-10 characters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    SkyRe makes stuff pretty expensive actually (90g/Iron Bar with Imperial start at 25% cheaper)
    Don't know if you'll do any thieving but Shenks Overhaul adds a load of valuable stuff to houses/farms/castles, and a load of other cool stuff (not been updated for a while, but works fine for me... except guards don't spawn in some vaults sometimes, still need the hard to find keys though )
    Easy Pocket Money makes Jugs and Bowls worth more than 5g (50-100g I think)
    There's also a player shops mod, not tried it so far, the npc's for buying the shop show up but not owned a house where I need to.
    Actually it makes low level bars really easy to get.. I got the meltdown perk early and just smelted cooking pots, kettles etc. into iron bars. Money isn't hard to get with SkyRe either. I increased to price of inns and carriages 10-15 times and houses 5 times and I'm still swimming in gold. Alchemy is still OP in every way (100% increased damage potions, magic immunity potions, poisons that paralyze and deal 300+ damage, health potions still heal full fast with high level in alchemy AND it still gives insane amounts of gold if you grab every plant from the side of the road and mushroom from the cave or especially when you grow them in your manor).