Poll: Would you like Vanilla-like 5 mans back?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Vanilla dungeons were mostly long trash-fests sprinkled with easy bosses with few mechanics. And the longer and more complex you make a dungeon, the fewer people will run it. I never once did a complete BRD run in vanilla. I mean, I went in there to help friends kill certain bosses. And I solo'ed a few bosses for specific drops, but never ran the dungeon from start to finish.

Cool design, too bad people avoided it like the plague.
    People avoided BRD or dungeons in Vanilla like a plague?

I'd like BC 5 mans, with attunement chains and BC heroics back with similar reputation gain options personally.

Dungeons like BRD were designed for a different type of player and different community. They were only fun cause back then we were running it with friends and enjoying the adventure. Having it now, with dumb pugs would be a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Dungeons like BRD were designed for a different type of player and different community. They were only fun cause back then we were running it with friends and enjoying the adventure. Having it now, with dumb pugs would be a nightmare.
    Very true. However, I don't think I'd mind not being able to burn everything down in <4 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Vanilla dungeons took longer than today's HM raids, not counting wipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The Vanilla dungeons took longer than today's HM raids, not counting wipes.
    This is untrue. Having a strat-45 run implies thats the deadline for that quest/event. It does not mean they took hours and hours and hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    People avoided BRD or dungeons in Vanilla like a plague?
    People avoided BRD. Everyone agreed it was a really cool design. Like a whole city in a dungeon! Just nobody wanted to run it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    This is untrue. Having a strat-45 run implies thats the deadline for that quest/event. It does not mean they took hours and hours and hours.
    That's technically a speed run. How long does it take to do a speed run of a HM raid?

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    People avoided BRD. Everyone agreed it was a really cool design. Like a whole city in a dungeon! Just nobody wanted to run it.
    Man, I ran that dungeon into the ground. Some great stuff was in that dungeon. I agree it was difficult, but on my server, ST and Mara were generally avoided because they were long and complex.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 02:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    That's technically a speed run. How long does it take to do a speed run of a HM raid?
    It was labeled a speed run. You could easily do the dungeon in under and hour. Can you clear a HM raid in under an hour?

Deleted
    Sure, if they are engaging and fun.

BRD was just one huge messy grey and lava colored dungeon of boredom.

Not using the poll, because the answears are kinda derp. Should have just Yes or No options aswell.

I don't know about you guys but I spent loads of time in DM north. Dem Tribute runs.

Vanilla 5 mans will always hold a special place. I do wish dungeons like that were still in the game. They were basically mini raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    BRD was actually an interesting dungeon, in my opinion. It went from an expansive jail, to a city with an arena, to a forge area, to the king's throne. Quite a bit of lore in each area as well. The great irony is most people didn't see much of the last two sections.

In today's land, they could revamp with four wings I guess. I just don't see people running it over and over after the initial nostalgia wore off... but different strokes and all that.

If I was 15 years old again, sure.

I'd rather not spend 3 hours of my time in a dungeon now though, I have little time as it is.

God no. "CC Left. Kite the right" No thanks.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

No the nostalgia of the dungeons far out weighs the reality of the content. I have been playing since beta and I can tell you when things went live I did a BRD that took 8 hours. I was also in a 25 man Scholomance that took 4 hours to complete with TONS of wipes. The community was so simple minded and foolish none of us really knew what we were doing and that is part of why dungeons took so long. People in greens whites and maybe a blue or 2 if you were lucky. As time went on and the dungeons became known and people started to understand how the game work dungeons took less and less time.

The closest we had to vanilla dungeons were cataclysm released date 5 mans loads of people rained tears over those dungeons. As much as the community pines for the old days it has been my observance anytime something is given that models the old days they immediately lash out at how terrible these things are.

I find this thread sorta bizarre. Have none of you run the new incarnation of BRD via LFD?

... and while I think Sunken Temple needed to be streamlined a little bit, I have no idea what Blizzard was thinking with the revamp.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Players today would crumble if they had to do the original Scholomance dungeon.

That said, there isn't really that much different about them. They just were really large and you could actually get lost :P

The problem today is people think of dungeons as "Kill boss 1 through 3, get loot, go home", and the exploration is considered unnecessary. Stuff like Maraudon, Uldum or BRD would not fly today.

Sort of, but I think it would be a waste of development time. It would be a fun thing to do if they were actually challenging, I wouldn't want a real long faceroll fest.

I wanted them to bring back the TBC model (not too long but they actually taught you how to play your class or you didn't win). They did in Cata and people cried. So in reality I would never expect anything but faceroll crap again, but in my case I play for raiding with larger groups anyways, and there are always CMs for the small group challenge.

People don't really want long, challenging dungeons. They just want loot. The only thing vanilla-like 5-mans would accomplish is that people would not run them. Then, they would cry about how long it took to get gear.

Nostalgia is strong, but the playerbase values "how to get loot fast" far over nostalgia.

they were way too long but difficulty wise, CC and shit, fuck yeah.

(i really enjoyed first week of revamped ZA/ZG, was a bit kinda, sorta like that)