Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadnightWarrior View Post
    So today I realized it was time for me to lose some weight. I've become a little unhappy about my shape and seeing as I'm gonna be working as a sailor apprentice next year, I need to watch my weight.
    Here's some info:
    17 years old
    ~182cm tall
    ~82kg
    I eat fish dinners 3 times a week, vegetables almost every dinner, fruit every day, dairy every day, bread, meat and I only drink soda and eat chips in the weekends. I drink a lot of water every day at school and at home. My typical eating habits per day would be porridge (not sure if its the correct word) for breakfast (~07:00), 3 slices of bread for lunch (~10:30), dinner (fish/meat/chicken) with potatoes/rice/vegetables (~15:30) and 3 slices of bread for evening food (~20:00).
    I consider my eating habits okay, so my real question is how I should work out:
    My plan is to jog 30 minutes 3-4 times a week and do pushups and situps everyday. Is this a decent enough way to work out? I don't want the fastest or best way to lose weight, but I wanna see some decent results.
    Any help is deeply appreciated!

It'll work until you start going to a gym and using more of the machines.
    Start dieting. Bread for breakfast/lunch/dinner is not that good. You won't see the results you want like that.
    Change your diet up, as you get more into exercise, you'll see what I mean about going to a gym.
    Doing your own research is easy, a good site is Livestrong. or bodybuilding.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonakat View Post
    It'll work until you start going to a gym and using more of the machines.
    Start dieting. Bread for breakfast/lunch/dinner is not that good. You won't see the results you want like that.
    Change your diet up, as you get more into exercise, you'll see what I mean about going to a gym.
    Doing your own research is easy, a good site is Livestrong. or bodybuilding.com

Livestrong is a bad website, it tells you the mainstream things which are wrong like... "Breakfast is the most important meal" "eat 6 small meals a day"

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    Just saying this, I wouldnt even drink diet soda if I were really on dieting. There has been studies of diet soda gaining a lot of weight due to artificial sweeteners and such. Not sure if true but I wouldnt still drink those if I were hellbent on losing weight
    Those studies are nonsense.

Aspartame may have harmful neurological effects and may have some links to cancer, though I doubt it. Other than that, the crazy lengths these studies go to in order to try to come up with the insane claims that the 0 calorie diet soda is causing people to gain weight is just hilarious.

Cut out the diet soda if you can; it's really better to stick with water and tea, maybe some coffee. But some people just love the stuff, and I know I had a hard time giving it up when I was going hardest with my diet and I lost 130 lbs no big deal in under a year without doing much of any exercise too... and I drank a LOT of diet soda.

However since the OP isn't very big I'd say just clean the diet up (get rid of all the refined carbs; flour, sugars, etc) and start lifting weights. Intermittent fasting is great for getting those last few pounds off too.

Other than that, going from sorta-skinny to "buff" is just pure hard, hard work in cutting that body fat way down and gaining some muscle in the gym.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxsz View Post
    Those studies are nonsense.

Aspartame may have harmful neurological effects and may have some links to cancer, though I doubt it. Other than that, the crazy lengths these studies go to in order to try to come up with the insane claims that the 0 calorie diet soda is causing people to gain weight is just hilarious.

Cut out the diet soda if you can; it's really better to stick with water and tea, maybe some coffee. But some people just love the stuff, and I know I had a hard time giving it up when I was going hardest with my diet and I lost 130 lbs no big deal in under a year without doing much of any exercise too... and I drank a LOT of diet soda.

However since the OP isn't very big I'd say just clean the diet up (get rid of all the refined carbs; flour, sugars, etc) and start lifting weights. Intermittent fasting is great for getting those last few pounds off too.

Other than that, going from sorta-skinny to "buff" is just pure hard, hard work in cutting that body fat way down and gaining some muscle in the gym
    The only reason Aspartame would be harmful is if you drink about 4-5 liters, every single day. But if you want to lose weight you should be drinking mostly water anyway, i drink diet pepsi because i like the taste of it.

On the intermittent fasting and last sentence, i approve :>

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Livestrong is a bad website, it tells you the mainstream things which are wrong like... "Breakfast is the most important meal" "eat 6 small meals a day"
    It has other articles by other people that tell you different things. Eating 6 small meals a day is just one way of dieting, it has others on there.

Deleted
    It has other articles by other people that tell you different things. Eating 6 small meals a day is just one way of dieting, it has others on there.

Eating x amount of times a day isnt a diet.
    Eating x thing is a diet.

Is this real life? A weight loss thread on a gameing website? I feel like im being punked.

Eating x amount of times a day isnt a diet.
    Eating x thing is a diet.

wrong.
    any way you eat is considered a diet.

Deleted
    wrong.
    any way you eat is considered a diet.
    No, eating x times a day is not a diet. Its just preference.

Sigh, this can go back and forth. I don't think it really matters.

You´re 17. At that age it´s impossible to get fat no matter what you eat. Just use your bicycle a lot and spend your spare time outside doing sports or hunting girls instead of sitting infront of a computer. ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peng View Post
    You´re 17. At that age it´s impossible to get fat no matter what you eat. Just use your bicycle a lot and spend your spare time outside doing sports or hunting girls instead of sitting infront of a computer. ^^
    If you dont know what you're talking about, please leave.

If you dont know what you're talking about, please leave.

If this was facebook, i would 'like' this post..

No sweets, no fried foods and exercise 45 minutes a day. Other than that eat like you are used to.Diet and exercise can both help you create an energy deficit and lose weight.

http://bodybuilding-blog.org/
    Last edited by sandygothes; 2013-02-07 at 06:30 AM.