Deleted

Possibly coming back

Hey guys!

So a few days ago i decided, ive had enough of wow, and need a change of pace. I played GW2 when it first came out, i played as a mesmer (hit around level 40) but never went back to it. Its still sitting on my pc, just waiting to be updated to play again. How is the game now? Is there much to do? Will i have much trouble getting back into my old character? Im maining looking for something that will keep me entertained without requiring hours upon hours of playing!

Thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Drakthir90 View Post
    Hey guys!

So a few days ago i decided, ive had enough of wow, and need a change of pace. I played GW2 when it first came out, i played as a mesmer (hit around level 40) but never went back to it. Its still sitting on my pc, just waiting to be updated to play again. How is the game now? Is there much to do? Will i have much trouble getting back into my old character? Im maining looking for something that will keep me entertained without requiring hours upon hours of playing!

Thank you in advance
    You're in the same boat I am. Although, I reached level 31 and quit. I enjoyed the game, there was just a few things that threw me off.

I want to play it again, though. I've been playing WoW since launch and I just want something else I can play that will satisfy my MMO urge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frigoffrick View Post
    You're in the same boat I am. Although, I reached level 31 and quit. I enjoyed the game, there was just a few things that threw me off.

I want to play it again, though. I've been playing WoW since launch and I just want something I can play that will satisfy my MMO urge.
    Yeah sounds like we are in exactly the same boat! The update on GW2 is pretty big, so it will be an overnight job, hence i want to find out about it before i bother to update

The entire point of the Guild Wars franchise is pick-up/play anytime you feel like it.

Yes, there is stuff to do. Like every MMO ever made.
    No, you will not have trouble getting a character back.

Honestly speaking here:
    Gw2 is probably what you are looking for if you want to pick-up and play and then drop at anytime.
    Every month A-net learns and put new stuff into the game. I think it's getting better and better (I've played yesterday in a 2 months break pretty much disconsidering holiday events and such)
    The stuff that has changed is easy to re-learn anyways so I don't think you will have any trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Honestly speaking here:
    Gw2 is probably what you are looking for if you want to pick-up and play and then drop at anytime.
    Every month A-net learns and put new stuff into the game. I think it's getting better and better (I've played yesterday in a 2 months break pretty much disconsidering holiday events and such)
    The stuff that has changed is easy to re-learn anyways so I don't think you will have any trouble.
    Nice!

P.S - Nice dancing avatar.

You could possibly check out EVE online. It's really hard to learn but has a completely different feel than WoW type MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by runewell View Post
    You could possibly check out EVE online. It's really hard to learn but has a completely different feel than WoW type MMOs.
    Awesome that wow has become it's own genre

On Topic: Just be sure you have some friends hanging around to play with, this was my issue with it when I started playing and outleveled my friends and basicly had to wait for them to hit 80. They quit when they hit 40. Bah! But we all started playing again and now we have loads of fun in the dungeons, fractals and pvp. There's loads of stuff to do. LOADS!

Also playing with fire is fun.

/engineer