Page 13 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    affirmative action is racists against whites

Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    Not in the Western world. Racism is not only prejudice against a group of people for their skin color, it's the ability and power to oppress them because of it. Whites cannot be oppressed in the western world because they, and only they have power and privilege over minorities solely because of their skin color. A lot of white people are unaware or completely ignore this fact, but it doesn't change anything. You are treated better everywhere you go simply because you're white. Racism will only start to go away when white people can accept their privilege and realize that they have a significant advantage over others because of race.

http://racism-education.tumblr.com/p...m-doesnt-exist

I really don't expect other white people to ever listen to this though, and will probably be attacked for posting this.
    I love how right out of the gate the article states the dictionary definition of "racism" is wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by LichslayerX View Post
    Are you kidding me? Yes there's significant racism against White People. It started around the 90s and now its come to a point that Black people are in a LOT of ways like the Orcs in WoW now. White Guy gets beat up? The Blacks laugh about it. White Guy cant find work if a Black Guy applied also. Why? Wouldnt want to be called a racist.

Blacks are on Television far more than Whites. I dont give two damns what was in the 50s-60s-70s. It isn't a excuse to resume racism. If the Blacks are going to become the oppressors as is often the case of the Oppressed, then we need a NAAWP. (National Association for the Advancement of White People.) Sound ridiculous? So does the NAACP. Disband that. They got Barrack Obama in the White House. If that isnt "Advanced" enough, nothing will suffice.

It isnt so much prevalent in the Work Place as Lawsuits can and do happen. Its a cultural shift that needs to happen to the Black People as a whole, the same way as one was / is sometimes yet needed in the White South. When a Black laughs at a White Boy being beat up instead of stopping the attack, there is a problem. When its alright to call someone a Cracker or Honky, but not coon and nigger, there is a problem. When Organizations like the Black Panthers are allowed to get away with Voter intimidation, while the Ku Klux Klan would be covered by the news, there is a problem.

White Americans need to rise up again against their Black oppressors. Not in violence, but in defiance of them. The exact same way Martin Luther King Jr. Did. All blacks however should take a look in the mirror and ask themselves if they wanted civil liberty, or civil dominance. If the latter, shame on them for being hypocritical wastes of human matter.
    Blacks are on television far more than whites? What the fuck are you on?

NAACP created at a time when blacks were HEAVILY discriminated against exactly why would you need advancement???????

Funny you bring up voters... BECAUSE THE BLACK PANTHERS WERE ON THE NEWS BECAUSE OF VOTER INTIMIDATION.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 07:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    affirmative action is racists against whites
    Why was affirmative action created?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Why was affirmative action created?
    So "correct" racism...with more racism? I'm sorry, but the two wrongs making a right hasn't flown since I was four.

well from my experience in the public school system white people get the short end of the stick

when my brother was in second grade he said a girls hair was poofy (she was black) he got suspended for a week

when i was in jr high a mexican and his friends jumped me after a flag football match i was the rb and they couldn't catch me they lost, i reported it and in order for any of them to get in trouble i had to go to a tolerance class , which i declined

another time in jr high i was pushed into a black guy while waiting in line for a school dance. I immediately apologized , he still came after me ( he was much bigger then me), i reported this also and again i had to go to a tolerance class and be labeled as racist on my record for him to get in trouble. needless to say I declined

a few years later my other brother is in high school 2 black kids start to go threw his backpack while hes in line for lunch (the backpack his on his back) he confronts them and walks away, he reported it to the office they did nothing . a week later 3 of them jump my brother at school, 3 to one my brother fights back. my brother was expelled from school and he was a straight A student in AP classes. those 3 guys were in school the next day

*forgot to say me and my brothers are all white*
    Last edited by Majeh; 2013-01-30 at 01:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Walk into a bad neighborhood of mexicans or black people and ill tell you a story, that if you get out alive...
    I'm black and I can't do that because ITS A BAD FUCKING NEIGHBORHOOD. And they are more likely to go after someone of the same race because it can be passed off as gang violence and must thugs are punks.

Now ask me what would happen to me if I were to walk down the street in a white suburban neighborhood. I would get odd stares and the police called on me. Some "brave" sole might take it upon themselves to question me and try to remove me from the neighborhood. I will also be that target of many racial slurs whether behind my back or to my face. Has happened many times in my own damn neighborhood.

Blacks are on television far more than whites? What the fuck are you on
    Per-capita, the representation is absurd. They're 12% of the population, but probably represent every third person on TV. Maybe the previous poster didn't state it like this, but its definitely very skewed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majeh View Post
    well from my experience in the public school system white people get the short end of the stick

when my brother was in second grade he said a girls hair was poofy (she was black) he got suspended for a week

when i was in jr high a mexican and his friends jumped me after a flag football match i was the rb and they couldn't catch me they lost, i reported it and in order for any of them to get in trouble i had to go to a tolerance class , which i declined

another time in jr high i was pushed into a black guy while waiting in line for a school dance. I immediately apologized , he still came after me ( he was much bigger then me), i reported this also and again i had to go to a tolerance class and be labeled as racist on my record for him to get in trouble. needless to say I declined

a few years later my other brother is in high school 2 black kids start to go threw his backpack while hes in line for lunch (the backpack his on his back) he confronts them and walks away, he reported it to the office they did nothing . a week later 3 of them jump my brother at school, 3 to one my brother fights back. my brother was expelled from school and he was a straight A student in AP classes. those 3 guys were in school the next day

*forgot to see me and my brothers are all white*
    The opposite plays out in more rural schools with a small minority of black/asian/hispanic kids as well. It's a pack mentality thing.

My mom (who is white) was beaten and nearly raped because she was white while she was in high school back in the 80s.

Hell, I've been treated like shit by both sides so to speak, just because I am mixed. Fortunately this was primarily during early education. I've rarely encountered outright racism in my adult life thus far, and I live in a diverse city. Without proper parenting, children can and will grow up to be hostile to those that are different from them, no matter how insignificant those differences may be ( I was never bullied for being bisexual though, which was unexpected).
    Last edited by GreatOak; 2013-01-30 at 01:13 AM.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    So "correct" racism...with more racism? I'm sorry, but the two wrongs making a right hasn't flown since I was four.
    You actually think blacks created a movement for their advancement at a time when there was widespread racism and prejudice is racist? For fuck sakes it was created in the early 1900s when there was segregation, lynchings, killings of blacks for just looking at whites, but you're going to call them racist for making it?
    Last edited by Themius; 2013-01-30 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I'm black and I can't do that because ITS A BAD FUCKING NEIGHBORHOOD. And they are more likely to go after someone of the same race because it can be passed off as gang violence and must thugs are punks.

Now ask me what would happen to me if I were to walk down the street in a white suburban neighborhood. I would get odd stares and the police called on me. Some "brave" sole might take it upon themselves to question me and try to remove me from the neighborhood. I will also be that target of many racial slurs whether behind my back or to my face. Has happened many times in my own damn neighborhood.
    Wow sucks to be black in America. Whilst I'm sure something similar happens in my own country it's to a far lesser degree, being black I've not once had an issue with racism in Britain, I think it's much more of a class issue than a racial one. This is probably one of the main reasons why I'm slightly baffled when coming across threads like these.

I'm also confused as to why black people are referred to as African American, they're simply American haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Per-capita, the representation is absurd. They're 12% of the population, but probably represent every third person on TV. Maybe the previous poster didn't state it like this, but its definitely very skewed.
    Are you serious? People really think there are more blacks on tv that whites? Represent every third person on TV? Please turn on your tv now and go through every channel and take a hard look....
    Last edited by GG4Eva; 2013-01-30 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I am sorry that people can be so ignorant. Black people can be racist just like anyone else, a lot of those people in the ghetto are not racist by definition though. It's a cultural thing in the hood to call someone by some distinct physical characteristic. If your really dark, they call you blue, if your fat then then your called some kind of synonym of far, skinny they call you stick. If you're the only white person in the area then they will call you white boy, they are just being ignorant. If you look out of place then they will add some sort of insult to the pronounced.
    No offense... but this seems a little off. Does this mean me, as a white person wouldn't be in the wrong if I called a black person "black boy"? Or if a black man was called "black boy" when in an area of mostly white people?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonX View Post
    Wow sucks to be black in America. Whilst I'm sure something similar happens in my own country it's to a far lesser degree, being black I've not once had an issue with racism in Britain, I think it's much more of a class issue than a racial one. This is probably one of the main reasons why I'm slightly baffled when coming across threads like these.

I'm also confused as to why black people are referred to as African American, they're simply American haha.
    He must live in a strangely segregated Area. It's honestly not bad in this day and age.

I don't consider myself to be black or white, but its definitely overblown. Racism isn't a big deal anymore in America, or at least most of it. I never experience racism in Britain by the way (lot of semi-distant british family).
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

It's possible. Black employer doesn't like white people and fires someone on that basis? Bam, racism. Of course it's far less likely to manifest itself because, as far as statistics are concerned, black people are less likely to be in a position of power where they can act on a racist belief.

But yes, it exists in some capacity, and yes, it's still a problem like any form of racism. Just not as much of a problem in terms of numbers.

Yes of course, we just dont scream racism all around us if it happends to us. The racism card has been tossed around in every fucking direction lately it has started to loose its meaning imo.

Question to the black people here.

When I grew up in Norway in the 90s, people refered to blacks as "Neger", "Negro" in English. Some years later, we had to stop use that because of what, is my question? Did it just suddenly start to offend or have it offended you all along? Im just courious here... I mean, child books refered to black's as "Neger". However the word "Nigger" has been a big no-no all my life.

Norwegian dictionary from 2007 on the word "Neger" - Person belonging to, or originally come from nations with black or dark brown complexion. | <can be perceived as offensive> was added to it in 2004.

So my question is really, have it offended you all along? or did someone during the 90s found out it might be offensive to someone?

I have recently started to belive that "white-knights" really is the first ones to scream racism, or any other thing that might have offended someone, I may be wrong, but it sometimes really feel likte that is the case.

A fitting quote from Tyrion Lannister <Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.> Be it black, gay, white, fat, bald or whatever. IMO we just need to stop be offended. If the bully dont offend you, his mission has failed.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonX View Post

I am Black/Indian (some other things) but for all intents and purposes I am black. I am British, never had a problem in England. In America though, totally different story.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes racism against whites happens, yes it is wrong, no it is not right. I am a black man and I do not condone racism in any form. why? because it make me a hypocrite and I prefer to judge everyone against their own merits, you got bums of every color and you got heroes of every color , you just have to do your homework, your own work, and own what you think is right simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    Not in the Western world. Racism is not only prejudice against a group of people for their skin color, it's the ability and power to oppress them because of it. Whites cannot be oppressed in the western world because they, and only they have power and privilege over minorities solely because of their skin color. A lot of white people are unaware or completely ignore this fact, but it doesn't change anything. You are treated better everywhere you go simply because you're white. Racism will only start to go away when white people can accept their privilege and realize that they have a significant advantage over others because of race.

http://racism-education.tumblr.com/p...m-doesnt-exist

I really don't expect other white people to ever listen to this though, and will probably be attacked for posting this.
    The author of this article fails to account for the fact that racism in a single action or in the case of a single person is not the same thing as a racist society. Society, as a whole, is not racist towards whites. Individuals, however, can be. The two are not mutually exclusive.

The article loses a whole lot of credibility when it outright tries to redefine a word against a dictionary definition. That's not how the expression of ideas works.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

Racism = Prejudice + Power.

Prejudice against white people can certainly exist. But there is no system of institutionalized oppression against white people in place, there is no societal structure backing up prejudices against white people, so "reverse racism" and racism against white people isn't really a thing.
    Last edited by Porimlys; 2013-01-30 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaman View Post
    Yes of course, we jus[I]t dont scream racism all around us if it happends to us. The racism card has been tossed around in every fucking direction lately it has started to loose its meaning imo.

Question to the black people here.

When I grew up in Norway in the 90s, people refered to blacks as "Neger", "Negro" in English. Some years later, we had to stop use that because of what, is my question? Did it just suddenly start to offend or have it offended you all along? Im just courious here... I mean, child books refered to black's as "Neger". However the word "Nigger" has been a big no-no all my life.

Norwegian dictionary from 2007 on the word "Neger" - Person belonging to, or originally come from nations with black or dark brown complexion. | <can be perceived as offensive> was added to it in 2004.

So my question is really, have it offended you all along? or did someone during the 90s found out it might be offensive to someone?

I have recently started to belive that "white-knights" really is the first ones to scream racism, or any other thing that might have offended someone, I may be wrong, but it sometimes really feel likte that is the case.

A fitting quote from Tyrion Lannister <Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.> Be it black, gay, white, fat, bald or whatever. IMO we just need to stop be offended. If the bully dont offend you, his mission has failed.
    Being black, I would not be offended if the word is used in books, but I do live in the USA so I don't really know the situation or how it got taken out. Or even if the word was used to talk about a group of people. On the otherhand, unless you're using the word to describe me, I wouldn't like to be just called "Hey negro" or "Hey neger" just as I wouldn't call other races "Hey whitey" or something similiar. I wouldn't be offended by it, would just think it was impolite. Describing me by those words is no problem but to just be called it during conversations is weird. Would hope people would try to get to know me by my name. Of course, I might laugh about it with friends and stuff.

The world "nigger" and "nigga" has also been a big no-no to me also. I hope people would understand not all black people actually use the word. What you see on tv with rappers, comedians, etc. is not exactly the same of what happens in daily life. I don't use the word, my friends don't use the word, and I just wish everyone would stop using it...and I'm black....What ticks me off is when people, anybody, freely wishes to use the word just cause they see the people on tv use it. Really stupid I think....
    Last edited by GG4Eva; 2013-01-30 at 01:47 AM.