[Balance] pvp help

Can anyone link me to a Page that gives balance pvp info, or share their own? I can't YouTube as I will finish what's left of my data.

I mainly need help with dps in general, eclipse and cd management. Also how to keep myself up when I'm in trouble. No idea how to do them.

in 5.2 all specs will get self lifebloom. That should help some in keeping yourself up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    in 5.2 all specs will get self lifebloom. That should help some in keeping yourself up.
    I haven't seen a patch note to corroborate this.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

I can do well on my ele shaman setting up burst and putting out good pressure but completely clueless on moonkin. Everyone I asked say moonkin is better for r/bgs so I really want to learn it. Anyone have any tips at all??

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I can do well on my ele shaman setting up burst and putting out good pressure but completely clueless on moonkin. Everyone I asked say moonkin is better for r/bgs so I really want to learn it. Anyone have any tips at all??
    DoT. Everything. Starsurge on proc. Profit.

Not trying to be cheeky, but that's the main pressure on balance. Use glyph of stars so you're more low key. Use typhoon/ursol's effectively.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

But the dots tick for crap how is that pressure??

But the dots tick for crap how is that pressure??
    Its not about the dot's that tick "for crap" its the starsurge proc's. The more dots ticking the higher the chance at procs is what I believe that Sunfyre is getting at.

I have a mouse over macro for my dot's and my starsurge, just stand somewhere up high and nuke the fuck out of people imo.

PS I'm not any good at PvP on my main (balance druid)

Perhaps the tooltip is wrong but the shooting stars talent doesn't look all that promising even when multi dotting. 30% *when* getting a critical hit with Moonfire. So even by stacking Crit, rng is still there. How reliable is this?

15+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps the tooltip is wrong but the shooting stars talent doesn't look all that promising even when multi dotting. 30% *when* getting a critical hit with Moonfire. So even by stacking Crit, rng is still there. How reliable is this?
    It also works with Sunfire.

You have two DoT's ticking constantly on multiple targets. You're going to proc shooting stars like crazy.

You posted asking for Balance PVP help, we're giving it to you.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    It also works with Sunfire.

You have two DoT's ticking constantly on multiple targets. You're going to proc shooting stars like crazy.

You posted asking for Balance PVP help, we're giving it to you.
    Trust this man. He took me from noob to top 10 Balance druids on a high pop server. He's fucking good. You just need to multi dot and hit procs on primary target, the procs are amazing if you have around 22% crit or more. You'll blow shit up and never run out of procs if you have at least 5 targets double dotted

So what about wrath and star fire do I ever cast them? Does it matter if im in an eclipse or not? Should I astral communion all the time making sure I stay in an eclipse??

What about cool downs. A guildy said to macro incarnation and nature's vigil together as one and celestial balance and trinket as one. Use them both separately or something.

Sorry if im coming across rude, sunfyre, but I am new to moonkin.

15+ Year Old Account
    So what about wrath and star fire do I ever cast them? Does it matter if im in an eclipse or not? Should I astral communion all the time making sure I stay in an eclipse??

What about cool downs. A guildy said to macro incarnation and nature's vigil together as one and celestial balance and trinket as one. Use them both separately or something.

Sorry if im coming across rude, sunfyre, but I am new to moonkin.
    Starsurge procs should be enough to move your eclipse bar. You'll want to start one cast before an eclipse and hard cast to enter (starting before lunar and using wrath is probably the easiest. That'll give you NG on your dots. Save cool downs for heavy pressure and kill opportunities. NV and Inc with CA is insane dot damage.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Should i expect a fair game play experience in dreadful only w/o pvp weapon? Without the malevolent gear the burst wouldn't be all that good would it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Should i expect a fair game play experience in dreadful only w/o pvp weapon? Without the malevolent gear the burst wouldn't be all that good would it?
    I destroy kids with basic pvp gear. When you have dots spread you get chain shooting stars procs which allows you to tunnel someone and kill them pretty quickly. If its a healer, coupled with bash(or any other talent in that tier) or solar beam, you can usually get a kill.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

What ways can I use to get melee off me?

Die and once you rez they are gone

Don't post unless you have something constructive to say. Infracted.
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2013-01-31 at 02:04 AM.

Deleted
    moonkin is a decent kiter you can root, cyclone, slow if talentet aoe root if talentet, or typhoon if talentet.

ursol wortex is also pretty good or bash if you want a stun.

you got a giant toolbox and it will take abit of learning to use it proppely.

also if you are having problem staying alive you might wanna take hotw talent with that you can pretty much tank better than a tank for its duration.
    Last edited by mmocb6436fb2ee; 2013-01-30 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Die and once you rez they are gone
    Uh huh and what should I do if im being graveyard camped.

if you mean in BGs - you
    wait till you have inc+NV(then your single target spells also heal you)+CA available, ,
    you start with barkskin, typhoon them, and multidot, cast stampeding roar and kite away, while using ursol's vortex.

or you use bearform, and stampeding roar with barkskin, and NS+HT when low, and then travel form to run to your friends

if this GY camping isnt that tight you can just prowl asap and go away.

Personally for more fun, I am not using any pvp gear in random BGs.

my 494 pve gear is enough to top recount almost everytime, if healers are around.

in such gear if I use Inc+NV+Ca I can kill down player in 2 secs, usualy (some dots ticking), I cast SS, then 1 starfire, and next SS is ready to hit instantly the same target, and unless they have some dmg reduction on them, they drop dead.

Best thing that happens in random Bgs to me is when I have my CDs ready, and some mighty (solo) warrior comes cocky , if he s not performing it flawlessly (with stuns and fear), he s usually 3 shotted.

But like others already said, Boomkin dmg in Bgs is best when acting like a cannon, just stand in good spot (possibly with a healer around) and multi dot with SS when procs.
    No other class can do that, because (due to dots) boomkin is the best for spread multi target fights.
    Last edited by mikoslav; 2013-01-30 at 01:26 PM.