Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Eye/legendary gem useless in 5.2

Will I ever get to use my gem/Eye enchant if I don't get a Sha weapon drop? Will they be useless once 5.2 hits?
    Not the instant 5.2 hits, but they won't last forever.
    My question is, is Blizzard really that retarded and clueless?! 1/2 (or 1/3, depending on the number of content patches) of the legendary quest line will be USELESS for us and everyone who has to go throught them in order to reach the relevant items. Downed heroic Empress yesterday (fist weapon dropped, which no one could use), but I still dont even have a normal version of her weapon (awesome if you have to compete with 7 other specs for one weapon!). Running around with the LFR version of Lei Shis staff, due to terrible luck with caster weapons overall.

However, looking at it objectively... its a typicall Blizzard thing they pulled off with the legendary chain part 1 & 2 becoming useless, but still required to do part 3 and beyond.
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2013-01-30 at 09:24 AM.

Deleted
    I don't understand the issue. Of course the gems will be pretty useless in the future, just like every piece of gear. Why is that surprising or 'retarded and clueless'? You're the one coming over as not too bright, with your insults and all.

It's horrible how they put this legendary crap together. It looked like fun at the start...

I don't care that the first two parts are required for the last one. That is actually the only thing that is legendary about this whole thing.
    My problem is that the rest is not legendary. Getting reputation, obtaining 6000 valor, obtaining quest items from LFR and all by doing things you were already going to do. And the rewards, legendary gems? Really? As long as everyone can get it right? Just forget about fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    cool things eventually get replaced. what you seem to forget is what are you replacing it with? whats coming in the future? ahhh you dont really know yet. its only "useless" if nothing replaces it and we just stop using it. but.. there will be something else. it will progress and we will swoon and drool over the next high stat item.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    I don't understand the issue. Of course the gems will be pretty useless in the future, just like every piece of gear. Why is that surprising or 'retarded and clueless'? You're the one coming over as not too bright, with your insults and all.
    The better idea for people who are working in a position as game designers (people who should make the game fun), would be letting us upgrade the weapon up to the last quest which rewards the legendary, and not making 1/2 of our effort worthless.

The 5.2 quest reward could be an item which lets us upgrade (fusion) our old sha-touched weapon with a 5.2 weapon via the forge of thunders.

They shouldn't have this "legendary" questline in the first place. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    It's horrible how they put this legendary crap together. It looked like fun at the start...

I don't care that the first two parts are required for the last one. That is actually the only thing that is legendary about this whole thing.
    My problem is that the rest is not legendary. Getting reputation, obtaining 6000 valor, obtaining quest items from LFR and all by doing things you were already going to do. And the rewards, legendary gems? Really? As long as everyone can get it right? Just forget about fun.
    I completely agree with you, when I first heard there was going to be a Legendary quest line I hoped that we were going to get something similar to the excellent Battered Hilt quest line instead we get a boring, mindless grind.

Farming RNG boss drops for 3-6 months in a row depending on your raid size/progression with the previous legendaries didn't exactly feel "legendary" either. It's just how things are.

Deleted
    i cant help but feel that the legendary gem and socket are becoming usefull agian in the final raid.
    where most of us are assuming garrosh is on some way in league with a sha that empowers him.

so sha-touched weapons wouldnt be weird if they made a comeback

I am really enjoying this legendary.

I've done the thunder fury quest before with a rogue friend of mine back in TBC (we had rag on farm in our guild in vanilla but no drops for 8months + then kept doing it in TBC)

The RNG on old legendaries like the bindings, eye or the twin blades is silly. They are cool items make no mistake but the RNG involved was madnening. having a guild who killed rag for the first time get the eye while we had it on farm for months felt sad.

That said i've got my gem and I am on the valour/revered reputation grind for the prince. I have no sha weapon as i've got bad luck in LFR. coins give me nothing but gold =[

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Farming RNG boss drops for 3-6 months in a row depending on your raid size/progression with the previous legendaries didn't exactly feel "legendary" either. It's just how things are.
    >.<

At least it took some effort unlike afk farming LFR for your sigils. Legendaries should be rare also.
    This game is such a joke. I am going to convince my friends to play something else because they are the only reason I am playing WoW. At the end of this expansion everyone will be walking around with a legendary item. What is the freaking point of those things then if the quests are boring as hell and the items are not rare? For the story?

It is actually harder to get some lame achievement or to get valor gear than getting these legendary gems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    The better idea for people who are working in a position as game designers (people who should make the game fun), would be letting us upgrade the weapon up to the last quest which rewards the legendary, and not making 1/2 of our effort worthless.

The 5.2 quest reward could be an item which lets us upgrade (fusion) our old sha-touched weapon with a 5.2 weapon via the forge of thunders.
    Because farming 5.0 items to get your BiS 5.2 item MAKES COMPLETE SENSE.
    Wait, no it doesn't.

My question is, is Blizzard really that retarded and clueless?! 1/2 (or 1/3, depending on the number of content patches) of the legendary quest line will be USELESS for us and everyone who has to go throught them in order to reach the relevant items. Downed heroic Empress yesterday (fist weapon dropped, which no one could use), but I still dont even have a normal version of her weapon (awesome if you have to compete with 7 other specs for one weapon!). Running around with the LFR version of Lei Shis staff, due to terrible luck with caster weapons overall.

However, looking at it objectively... its a typicall Blizzard thing they pulled off with the legendary chain part 1 & 2 becoming useless, but still required to do part 3 and beyond.
    It's a quest line. You won't even be able to start part 3 without doing part 1 and 2, so they are not useless. The gem and eye are just little trinkets to tide us over till the real rewards come.

Deleted
    How will they be useless? 517 weapons with an extra 500 primary stats and one or two extra sockets? That's going to make a world of difference in progression. It's probably going to beat out everything until heroic ToT gear or if they include weapons in the normal thunderforged drop table.

Now if you're complaining that a 502 LFR drop will replace your LFR "legendary", I can understand your frustration for maybe not being lucky enough to have a heroic drop in this current tier, in which case come back in 8-10 weeks or so when the tier is actually over. What I can't understand is why you'd be frustrated that a more easily accessible source for upgrades is becoming available.

So, reading some of the rage here, I'm under the assumption that a few of you thought that each legendary item we obtain would accumulate upon the last one, so that when we reached the final tier, we'd be using all of the bits and bobs that Wrathion gave us, When in fact, we'll probably be only using one or two of his bits and bobs by that time, probably some god awful weapon, and maybe a little something extra from the tier previous.

Honestly I'm perfectly fine with the whole legendary quest line. It's a Legendary for everyone, and by everyone, Blizzard means, only those that feel like grinding their brains out for the next year and a half. Which turns out to be a population equal to about how many rogues got their legendary daggers last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

I don't think you guys understood the point of it all.

the legendary gem and socket are just temporary minor prizes to give us motivation to do the legendary questline while the final reward is still unavailable.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Because farming 5.0 items to get your BiS 5.2 item MAKES COMPLETE SENSE.
    Wait, no it doesn't.
    To those who raided in TBC this isn't such a foreign concept of doing the previous tier in order to reach the next one. Blizzard dropped the ball in wrath and cata by trivializing the previous raid tiers by adding more valor gear and dungeons with each patch cycle. This way more players end up seeing the content, sure you still can skip it but it will be detrimental to gearing up. Having raid gear trivialized by new heroics was not fun, then all you did was chain queue heroics upon hitting max level to get to the next set of heroics without ever setting foot in a raid. Your mentality was created when Blizzard started trivializing their tiers before the next expansion even hit. They aren't preventing you from progressing now, they are just making it so it is more rewarding to follow the same steps that others had to so you end up seeing more content and the other players don't feel like the effort they put in was trivialized.

Sorry for the somewhat large block of text but the desire for instant gratification is not actually a useful one, Blizzard may eventually put in some form of catchup for the legendary quest line (Perhaps during t16 they will let you skip over the t14 portion of it for a price, thus putting you into the t15 progress of it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

TEHPALLY, you're agreeing with Mehman. Not disagreeing.

>.<

At least it took some effort unlike afk farming LFR for your sigils. Legendaries should be rare also.
    This game is such a joke. I am going to convince my friends to play something else because they are the only reason I am playing WoW. At the end of this expansion everyone will be walking around with a legendary item. What is the freaking point of those things then if the quests are boring as hell and the items are not rare? For the story?

It is actually harder to get some lame achievement or to get valor gear than getting these legendary gems.
    The only thing that took some effort with the Cata legendaries were the solo quests, and you could just look it up on Youtube if you didn't want to figure it out by yourself. The rest was as mindless of a grind as the sigils are.

As for rarity, you can compare the gems and the prismatic socket thing with the pre-legendary versions of previous legendaries. Lots of people had those too.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't understand what you mean.
    I haven't gotten the Sha Touched Gun from Lei Shi yet.

If i don't get it i don't have to do TOES. I can just hope for http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/94963-5-2...boss-10-loot-1to drop.
    Last edited by tussee; 2013-01-30 at 11:10 AM.
    Tarren Mill, EU
    Tussee Level 110
    Ygtitte Level 110, Daènerys Level 110, Hotlava Level 110,
    Palefoot Level 110, Elemulius Level 110, Tussedk Level 110,
    Thuesen Level 110, Briènne Level 110, Tussebank level 110
    Tipoldefar Level 110, Gnarfy Level 110