Nullification Greathelm on the "gear up" list for prot paladins.

Right, so I won the Nullification Greathelm not long ago, and I was thinking of using it instead of the tier helmet while still keeping the 4set.

Would this be worth it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm too hungover and only just made it home but if the stats on your nullification hat surpass the tier one (I think they do) then use it. The 4 set really isn't that great.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

If you want to keep the 4 set, the best option I am currently aware of for the non-set piece is the chest from Spirit Kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    If you want to keep the 4 set, the best option I am currently aware of for the non-set piece is the chest from Spirit Kings.
    I'm rather certain the Grasps of Serpentine Might are the current non-set piece item, but we've only just started on protectors HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathias View Post
    I'm rather certain the Grasps of Serpentine Might are the current non-set piece item, but we've only just started on protectors HC.
    You'd prefer gloves with parry and a bit of expertise and a chest with parry and hit over gloves with dodge and hit and a chest with haste and mastery? You sure about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Cathias View Post
    Personally i'd take Starcrasher over Serpentine Might.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I'm too hungover and only just made it home but if the stats on your nullification hat surpass the tier one (I think they do) then use it. The 4 set really isn't that great.
    How on earth is the 4 set bad? 10 % free mastery which lets you skip a lot more on it (and get more haste) while still keeping the benefits of a strong SotR, sounds good to me.
    Kunglight of Fractured - EU Twisting Nether
    Current progress 12/12 NM 1/12 HC

How do you "get more haste" when it costs you about 2000 haste rating to equip the set bonus?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Misux View Post
    How on earth is the 4 set bad? 10 % free mastery which lets you skip a lot more on it (and get more haste) while still keeping the benefits of a strong SotR, sounds good to me.
    It's not 10% free mastery it's 10% of what you have so instead of being 40-50 it goes from 40-44. It's good if you stack mastery but we don't. That's not that great considering the haste loss you incur to get it - looking at your armory your haste is incredibly low, 3500 - I'm in far worse gear and at 3700. Maybe that's the reason you think it's worth more, because the amount of haste you have is low enough that you don't see the difference? It's probably just a setup thing but really, it's not good.
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-01-30 at 03:37 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Personally i'd take Starcrasher over Serpentine Might.
    Those were the ones I ment, was certain they dropped from Tsulong tho, My bad.

Depends on which raid size your running. Serpentine gloves are a great off-set piece in 25 man, where the King's Guard of Spirit Kings is a vaible off-set piece in 10 man; or gloves off Elegon if you want hit/haste. Good to get haste/mastery pieces imo, so go King's Guard, but in the end it depends on what build your comfortable playing/gearing

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    It's not 10% free mastery it's 10% of what you have so instead of being 40-50 it goes from 40-44. It's good if you stack mastery but we don't. That's not that great considering the haste loss you incur to get it - looking at your armory your haste is incredibly low, 3500 - I'm in far worse gear and at 3700. Maybe that's the reason you think it's worth more, because the amount of haste you have is low enough that you don't see the difference? It's probably just a setup thing but really, it's not good.
    Am i reading it wrong then?
    It quite clearly says that "increases your healing done with Word of Glory by 10% and the damage reduction by shield of righteousness by 10 %".

To me i always thought that it would simply increase the damage reduction by 10 %.
    Kunglight of Fractured - EU Twisting Nether
    Current progress 12/12 NM 1/12 HC

Quote Originally Posted by Misux View Post
    Am i reading it wrong then?
    It quite clearly says that "increases your healing done with Word of Glory by 10% and the damage reduction by shield of righteousness by 10 %".

To me i always thought that it would simply increase the damage reduction by 10 %.
    Yes, so let's say you have 10 Mastery, or 40% damage reduction with ShoR.

The 4set increases the damage reduction to 44%. It also increases the healing of WoG by 10%, before other factors are applied (BoG for example). This is also equivalent to approximately 4-5 Mastery.