Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
    I like rbg, and while reading this "post" of yous it gives me feeling you dont have a clue what youre talking about. Maybe you should start to smoking again, sounds like you got a lot of hate built inside you bro.
    Maybe you should feel less and think more. Please make some arguments to why this is good game design, not just "I LIKE RBG, you need to smoke weed bro!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Maybe you should feel less and think more. Please make some arguments to why this is good game design, not just "I LIKE RBG, you need to smoke weed bro!"
    Can't say for the rest of the world, but on my server specifically, rated battlegrounds got my server more excited than anything else in the game's history when they were first announced and all the major PvPers on my server still absolutely love them. I'm talking about long-time-running consecutive glads since TBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

RBG is nothing else than Arena in a 10vs10 format on different maps, and the mode is not a deathmatch but something else... What can be so bad about this?

I never understood why people complain about parts of the game they don't enjoy.
    I mean I don't like PvE for example, so I won't do any. This doesn't mean I will open posts like: remove pve please cause it suxx ...

Just do whatever you enjoy doing...

I like rbgs. Arenas are pretty uninteresting to me. So, I'm very glad RBGs were added to the game. I've never broken 1800 in either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    There have been several types of cancer that have ruined WoW PvP:

- Dishonorable Kills
    My wife and I were just discussing the other day how we wished they'd bring back dishonorable kills. Awesome RP feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    If they could somehow remove all the boosters and wintraders then I'd probably like RBGs more. As it stands, RBGs are just a way to get carried to gear. Nothing more and nothing less. 8 good players can carry 2 terrible ones, but 1 great player can't carry 2 terrible players in 3v3.

Since boosting will never stop (even after 5.2), they should make RBGs and arenas rewarding in other ways like with unique transmog gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    True, true. I didnt bother to make any arguments since the op i was quoting to was full of invalid arguments and "data". Also i dont want to post to this thread about rbg since the op was not accurate.

Regardless of how anyone on the outside feels, blizzard loves RBG and they won't ever admit that it is a completely terrible environment that caters to mongoloids and win traders.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    My wife and I were just discussing the other day how we wished they'd bring back dishonorable kills. Awesome RP feature.
    Their introduction killed city raids at one swoop because if anyone in your raid killed some irrelevant low level merchant (who would constantly spawn more guards if left alone) you got a Dishonorable Kills and lost a significant amount of rank points. Even those who weren't actually trying to get to a certain rank stopped raiding because they didn't want that ugly red counter to go up.

And I'm sure RPers would, you know, roleplay Dishonorable Kills instead of letting the game decide which NPCs you're allowed to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Regardless of how anyone on the outside feels, blizzard loves RBG and they won't ever admit that it is a completely terrible environment that caters to mongoloids and win traders.
    Well, it took them quite a while to admit that Arena is garbage, too. But they still don't do anything about it (unless that's the reason they want people to play RBG... which is better, but still falls short mainly because, being based around objectives, it also favours cheesy tactics; and it's repetitive as well).
    Last edited by Feranor; 2013-01-30 at 01:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Explain to me how it is any different from Arenas seeing as how Arenas use the same MMR system and allow for even easier exploits since there are fewer people involved.

All in all having a successfull RBG group seeing as how you need 10 people actually working together to fulfill all kind of objectives I'd argue that RBG is overall more complicated and challenging then Arenas. Altough the rating gain is higher and most likely on purpose so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    8 good players can carry 2 terrible ones, but 1 great player can't carry 2 terrible players in 3v3.
    Why are you comparing 80% to 33%? Makes no sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    All in all having a successfull RBG group seeing as how you need 10 people actually working together to fulfill all kind of objectives I'd argue that RBG is overall more complicated and challenging then Arenas. Altough the rating gain is higher and most likely on purpose so.
    Arena and RBG's are just complete different games. Arenas are about micro timing and micro management. RBG's are about macro tactics, macro movements and following orders. I don't care which one is considered 'easier' than the other one. So, considering how different they are, it doesn't make sense to give the T2 weapon reward at the same 2200 rating. Leading a RBG definatly requires skill and effort for ONE player, but simply playing along with a good RBG team is definetly not more difficult than arenas.

The thing that bothers me this season is how few people still play arenas. Trade chat is being spammed by people looking for RBG groups or RBG boosters. The people that are playing arenas nowadays are either blue geared players, capping their conquest points, or people that obtained the T2 weapon from RBG's, ruining the game for people who are aiming for 2k-2.2k with T1 weapons in arenas. Especially with the rating inflation in RBG (and arena rating no longer being inflated) the whole group between somewhat decent and good arena players has moved to RBG's because it is way easier to obtain T2 there. And like with the economy, if you kill the middle class, you kill society.
    Last edited by mmocfafac1b51e; 2013-01-30 at 01:48 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    Yeah cause they're mages/priest/locks who get 3x inflated ratings just for no-lifing because RBGs require 25 minutes per match + queue + need to be on unemployed-peak hours to get the good groups.

For people who have jobs or would prefer arena you can enjoy the -30% arena cap by default, then the fact that an RBG player is usually +300-500 rating higher than his arena counterpart of equal skill, no thanks I'm better off with pay-to-win games or something.
    Not trying to start an argument but aren't you that Fluttershy druid that DDoS'd people?