Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Because you are some genius, and I'm just some scrub I guess.
    No you aren't. You were right to call me on it.

My original post wasn't clear enough to what I meant, and it could have been taken to mean that I was claiming that the vast majority of the playerbase wanted night time back. That wasn't what I was trying to say so for calling me out on it, you were indeed correct that I needed to clarify my meaning.

Just because someone understood it the way I meant it doesn't mean that either of you are wrong, just that I needed to be more transparent in my meaning.

We'll call it a draw Slozon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    If he doesn't have the number he should make his post seem like he does.

As you see in the post below you he knows this and edited his post.
    he clearly referred to the THREADS.. The majority in the threads....

I support that idea, nice feature which is missing nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Aye, I lost.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    No you aren't. You were right to call me on it.

My original post wasn't clear enough to what I meant, and it could have been taken to mean that I was claiming that the vast majority of the playerbase wanted night time back. That wasn't what I was trying to say so for calling me out on it, you were indeed correct that I needed to clarify my meaning.

Just because someone understood it the way I meant it doesn't mean that either of you are wrong, just that I needed to be more transparent in my meaning.
    No big deal

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    works for me

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    he clearly referred to the THREADS.. The majority in the threads....

I support that idea, nice feature which is missing nowadays.
    He edited his post after.

Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    Aye, I lost.
    No one lost.

To put it in perspective, I started to tally up all the "Yes" and "No"'s in the EU thread.

I stopped counting on page 10, with 140 signing for yes, and 2 for no. I only stopped counting because it felt pointless to carry on when only 2 people that far into the thread (before page 11) had disagreed.

I welcome the darkness over Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Seen the desire to have good darkness in WoW brought up quite a few times in the past.

Always make sure to link this picture for what I know WoW can do. This is from the start of Cata, but was made with the WoW machinima tool. It was done with skybox and lighting settings that are already present in-game.
    That picture alone almost makes we want to boycott WoW until it becomes a reality. That looks absolutely amazing.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Seen the desire to have good darkness in WoW brought up quite a few times in the past.

Always make sure to link this picture for what I know WoW can do. This is from the start of Cata, but was made with the WoW machinima tool. It was done with skybox and lighting settings that are already present in-game.
    That looks awesome! Maybe it'll happen one day.

I've been lobbying for dark nights for as long as I remember. To me, they add a massive amount of immersion to a game by emphasising the mood of the environment and make it visually richer. I often play very late so the current design - or rather, the lack of it - is very noticeable to me.

Naturally this would require more graphical changes than just switching the skybox, but the potential is there.
    Here are some fanmade examples. Granted, they are probably bit too dark for what most people would prefer. This is why a slider solution would be wonderful.

Deleted
    Yay, nine-and-a-half years flashback. Day/night cycle was one of the biggest issues in WoW beta.

I've never seen or heard a compelling reason to remove the darkness.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I love the look of actual darkness in the game, I don't think I'll like it if it is implemented to the degree I've seen some pictures being adjusted. I play late, after dark at least, and at night often, if this darkness starts interfering with my ability to quest and do dailies then I'm going to have to say NO to this plan, very emphatically.

Signed the petition. I want the night back too.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    While I love the look of actual darkness in the game, I don't think I'll like it if it is implemented to the degree I've seen some pictures being adjusted. I play late, after dark at least, and at night often, if this darkness starts interfering with my ability to quest and do dailies then I'm going to have to say NO to this plan, very emphatically.
    If I recall correctly, at one point the day-night cycle wasn't in real-time but was actually accelerated at a 12:1 rate or something like that. I agree I wouldn't enjoy it quite so much if time in WoW moved at real-time since I mainly play at night as well.

That blue response made me smile. I hope this comes to pass. And Herecius, that pic is great. I really hope they do something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely loathed Hinterlands at night, for some reason. But I'd still love to have night time actually BE night. That screenshot Herecius linked was just plain awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

I'm 100% behind this. I remember going through old Thousand Needles when it was night out, and it was breathtaking. Ask some people mentioned, places like Duskwood and Darkshore were especially creepy at night. I hope they bring it back, I'm not sure why it was ever taken out to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Duskwood and Darkshore were creepy as hell at nigt, walking through them gave off a great atmosphere too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    If I recall correctly, at one point the day-night cycle wasn't in real-time but was actually accelerated at a 12:1 rate or something like that. I agree I wouldn't enjoy it quite so much if time in WoW moved at real-time since I mainly play at night as well.
    That would help, but then you'd just get a really short actual night, which I don't think would help the people protesting they want it back. My concern is mostly with visibility. If I need to pick up stuff from the ground for quests, or I need to herb, or need to see my next quest mob when mobs are more thinly spread, then I need to SEE what I need.

Give me any darkness you want, just make sure that I can still quest effectively. Atmosphere and cool looks only last so long before you get annoyed by your lack of getting things done cause you can't see the things you need. Squinting at shadows on my screen is not my idea of fun, even if it looks cool when stationary.

Deleted
    Night with option to disable : I sign your petition.
    Nigh without option to disable : sorry mate,I already have troubles seeing in dark places currently as it is(Nictalopia,i dont know the english term so please dont tell me theres something called brightness,saturation or alpha).

Lets make this game fun for everyone,right?